change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Papim2's Profile Photo

Never been

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 3:16 PM

Going for 10 days, either June. Or September ...all feed back as usual always helpful

more
    • Papim2's Profile Photo

Old city Quebec city

Quebec Mar 25, 2014 at 5:24 PM

Going for 10 days either June or September when is better. Going to rent from vrbo.. Is car needed...best things to do and see..... Looking for some help.... We are experienced travelers....love to go to out towns and places.

more
    • Parking options

Quebec Mar 24, 2014 at 2:08 AM

I've booked a hotel on Grande-Allee Est and although the website said there was parking, I later found that some people said it was limited and their cars got boxed in. It costs $13.25 per day. Can anyone suggest a better place to park near the Avenue de Salaberry? Thanks very much. Cathy

more
    • Club Soda in safe area? (St Laurent/St Catherine St area)

Montreal Mar 21, 2014 at 8:04 AM

Hi,

I'm thinking of going to a concert at Club Soda when I visit Montreal in the fall, is this venue in a safe area to be walking at night? It's near Saint-Laurent Boul & St Catherine Street, I heard this area mentioned as a bit of a red-light district in some of the warnings. I'm planning on staying about a 10-15 minutes walk from the club, is there any direction from this club that is better/worse to be walking through late at night?

Thanks, G

more
    • easterntrekker's Profile Photo

Airport shuttle

Quebec Mar 17, 2014 at 9:04 PM

Is there a shuttle I can take from the Montreal airport to St Jean sur Richelieu . If not does anyone know the cost of a cab?
      Thanks for your help.

more
    • ephan's Profile Photo

French language schools in Quebec city

Quebec Mar 16, 2014 at 11:14 AM

Can anyone recommend a great immersion school within the city, please?

more
    • JayDardes's Profile Photo

Best area to stay in Montreal

Montréal-Ouest Mar 17, 2014 at 12:27 PM

My wife and I are planning a trip to Montreal this summer. We're primarily interested in the scenery, maybe some shopping, little restaurants. We're in our 60s and would like to avoid excessive walking. Where would be the best place to find a hotel, downtown or in the old town? Also, is the subway difficult to use (we don't speak French). Thanks.

more
    • Quebec city to Gaspe.

by billcephalonia Online Now Jul 27, 2012 at 5:38 AM

My wife and I are in Quebec from the 3rd Oct. through to 31st. October. We will have use of a car but are not young (65 and 50 plus) and have found that whilst driving, I tend to miss the sights. Thinking of a bus from Quebec City to Matane (Daylight hours) maybe a return ferry across to the Jardin Glacier and then onward to Gaspe.

Any advice on clothes/ weather to be expected and the feasibility of my thinking, re hotels enroute or should I drive?

3 Answers Jul 29, 2012 at 10:35 AM
    • fishing and camping

by paulfinney2 Online Now Jun 9, 2012 at 9:21 PM

I will be traveling up from Virginia, June 19 to 26, and would like to know what is required for me to be able to fish, either in the ocean or rivers of the Gaspe. Also, is tent camping permitted on the beaches or forest in public land, or confined to prescribed camp areas? Are there public camp areas available?

• Traveling with a Camper

by bparent Online Now May 23, 2011 at 8:02 AM

We are planning a trip to Gaspe in July and will be traveling with a 27ft camping trailer. We would like to know if the roads are in good shape? Also, is it very hilly as this could cause us grief pulling a large trailer? Are there any recommended campgrounds? Thank you.

• Sightseeing in Gaspe

by sylvia.lawrence Online Now Sep 4, 2009 at 2:17 PM

Arriving in Gaspe on October 6th and would like to hire a taxi to take us sightseeing. Does anyone know if this is possible? Sylvia

3 Answers Sep 28, 2011 at 10:36 AM
    • Best route

by sleffert Online Now Jun 16, 2009 at 6:09 PM

I would like to know the best way to get to Gaspe from Boston taking the least amount of time.

2 Answers Jul 14, 2009 at 10:15 AM
    • Jennyjump79's Profile Photo

Ferry?

by Jennyjump79 Online Now Feb 3, 2004 at 4:50 PM

I'm planning a summer trip to Quebec for 2004. I live in New Jersey, but I would like to detour through Boston on the way home. Driving, unfortunately, is not an option. While I was looking at ways to get from North East Quebec through NB into Maine, I saw a reference to a ferry going from the Gaspe penninsula to Dalhousie, NB. Has anyone ever taken this ferry? Does it still run in the summer? (I've looked online, but found nothing current.) Any information or alternate suggestions for getting from Gaspe to Boston would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Jen PS-- I know this leg of the trip will probably take a few days, so I'm also open to suggestions on where to take overnight breaks.

2 Answers Oct 23, 2004 at 8:00 PM