change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• johns49pan's Profile Photo

Thinking about buying a house in Gary, IN

by johns49pan Online Now Sep 2, 2013 at 6:51 AM

What would be the general consensus on buying a house in Gary? I was watching the TODAY Show last week and they had a piece on Gary and how things are getting sooo much better there. Are they just blowing smoke or are there areas of this town where an older (62-65) could feel safe enough to go outside and enjoy the parks, beach and go shopping without getting confronted by gangs???

1 Answer Sep 2, 2013 at 1:18 PM
    • Quick Visit to Gary Indiana - Recommendations

by burton222 Online Now Dec 11, 2006 at 1:49 PM

Later this month we are planning to spend a day or so (plus one evening) in the Gary, IN area on our way East. We considered stopping in Chicago but with the traffic and the expense it's just too much. So we decided to go a bit off the beaten track and do something "different". I read it's an older city so I imagine they could use the tourist dollars. We'd love to hear about any recommended hotels plus your favorite local destinations - entertainment, eating spots, museums, places to stroll etc. Am having surprising difficulty locating this information from the usual sources. And I already know all about the weather this time of year - it's OK since we're from Minnesota!! Finally I read some of the warnings about gas stations in the area so we'll definitely plan to fill up before arriving. Very weird! Thanks in advance to all for any suggestions for a quick visit!

3 Answers Dec 21, 2006 at 12:10 AM