Garmisch-Partenkirchen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Public Bus in Bad Reichenhall

Bad Reichenhall May 7, 2015 at 10:41 AM

How do you buy tickets for the Public Bus System in Bad Reichenhall? How much do they cost? I may be answering my on question - will the Bayern Ticket I'll be using to get there - work with Public transit there, too? dah - I know - so unsure about that ticket ~

more
    • Catholic Church

Mespelbrunn May 23, 2015 at 8:09 AM

Has Mespelbrunn, or a town nearby, a Catholic Church offering a Saturday evening Mass please.

more
    • Munich to Prague - early train

Munich May 18, 2015 at 6:44 AM

Hi, my friend and I (2 of us) would like to take a train from Munich to Prague. We are interested in the train departing at 4.55am on 13 June and arriving in Prague at 10.44 am. May I know if this train is covered by the Bayern-Bohmen ticket? And our lodging is near Munich Harass station, so we have to take a train to Munchen Hbf. Does this ticket cover that as well? Last question, can we purchase the ticket from the vending machine in either Harass or Marienplatz station? Thanks!

more
    • Boat trip Kelheim Germany to Weltenburg Abbey

Weltenburg May 9, 2015 at 4:44 PM

Can I book the boat trip from Kelheim Germany to Weltenburg Abbey in advance. Traveling in July and want to be sure of availability.

more
    • henri123's Profile Photo

e-ticket from Munich to Venice on german website www.db.de

Train May 26, 2015 at 3:42 PM

On the german website www.db.de , how is it possible to reserve e-ticket fares?
      It seems that there are never places at such price.
      I try to buy a e-ticket from Munich to Venise. (69 euros)
      Thanks for any answer.

more
    • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

Bayern-Ticket on Handy Ticket?

Bavaria May 16, 2015 at 10:24 AM

Does anyone know if you can purchase a Bayern-Ticket and display it on your phone through Handy Ticket in the DB Navigator app? The DB website is ambiguous; it says you can in one section, but in another section, it only lists a handful of Länder-Tickets compatible with Handy Ticket, not including the Bayern-Ticket. I did a dry run, and it appears you can purchase the ticket though the app, but of course I didn't actually complete the transaction. Any insights appreciated.

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

rothenberg ob der tauber

Nürnberg May 15, 2015 at 7:26 PM

How can we get from Nurnberg to Rothenberg ob der Tauber without renting a car?

more
    • Lunch/dinner boats Lindau

Lindau May 4, 2015 at 1:39 PM

Are there Lunch and or dinner boat excursions that go our from Lindau on the lake. Or boat tours from there?

more
    • suekay3's Profile Photo

What should we see?

Nürnberg May 9, 2015 at 4:58 PM

We have two days in Nuremberg, staying at the Le Meridien Grand Hotel.  Can anyone suggest an itinerary for us?

more
    • Alpine Coaster

Oberammergau May 6, 2015 at 8:44 AM

I have a group of exchange students (22 of us). How do I get from the Bahnhof in Oberammergau to the Kolbensessel Bahn?

How far is it?

Is it within walking distance?

more
    • theenglishway's Profile Photo

best town/city for scenery

Bavaria May 14, 2015 at 3:21 PM

I'm looking to stay 2/3 nights next month in Bavaria, somewhere that has dramatic scenery (mountains/lakes,etc.), but isn't hours away from the nearest airport.

I've looked at Fussen, but not sure if there's enough to do there.

Could someone please suggest some other places? Thanks!

more
    • EvgenyR's Profile Photo

Question about Zugspitze roundtrip option

by EvgenyR Online Now Feb 22, 2015 at 11:49 AM

Hi,
      We will arrive to Eibsee by car and from there would like to take a cable car (Eibsee Seilbahn) up to the top straight away.
      Then, after spending some time at the summit, we will get down to the Zugspitzplat (by Gletscherbahn) for some lunch
      The question is - can we go backwards to Eibsee exactly vice versa?

I mean the following route: Eibsee --> Zugspitze Summit --> Zugspitzplat --> Zugspitze Summit --> Eibsee (all by cable cars).

Or our only option is a train only ? We are going with a little daughter, prefer not to boil her in a train full of tourists.

The second question - Can we buy the tickets directly at Eibsee station or we have to visit Garmisch for a tickets ?

Thanks!

24 Answers Mar 2, 2015 at 11:48 AM
    • christmas eve/ day

by emiliev Online Now Jan 18, 2015 at 10:21 AM

we are planning a trip to munich/ garmisch over christmas this year.
      will there be places open to eat on both christmas eve and christmas day for evening meals?
      are shops etc open on these days too?

thanks
      Emilie

1 Answer Jan 18, 2015 at 12:18 PM
    • margsch's Profile Photo

GB summit conference

by margsch Online Now Nov 7, 2014 at 4:31 PM

I had considerd going back for a few weeks in May, could you tell me exactly when this summat conference is and which periods to avoid.

5 Answers Nov 8, 2014 at 10:54 PM
    • New Year in Garmisch

by Puhisz Online Now Oct 15, 2014 at 1:04 PM

Our family plans are to spend 5 days in Garmisch-P....... for NY. All the hotels that we found are located not less than 8 km from the town=We prefer to stay as close as possible to the center.
      Could you help us with some information about it? Do you have some experiences for NY eve in G-P
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 16, 2014 at 11:52 AM
    • Christmas 2014 in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

by tobyclose Online Now Aug 22, 2014 at 8:52 AM

My Family and I are planning on visiting between 22nd December and 26th December and have 3 questions.
      1) Will the pistes be open on 24th and 25th December?
      2) Will I be able to find a good Christmas Dinner/ Restaurant on 25th?
      3) Is the Mercure Garmisch-Partenkirchen walkable to the ski lifts for 2 children aged 6 and 8 (or is there a shuttle/ taxi service?)

Thank you

6 Answers Aug 23, 2014 at 1:48 AM
    • travel agents or even tour egents ?!!!!

by hana22 Online Now Aug 3, 2014 at 1:53 AM

Hi

I am Hana I am looking forward to visit Garmisch with group or with tour office could you please get me a direction to those who do that

thanks in advance

Hana

4 Answers Aug 3, 2014 at 11:07 AM
    • Ausserfern Railway

by fingodav Online Now Jul 21, 2014 at 3:11 AM

Hi. Iwant to go from Munich to Fussen via Garmisch-Partenkirchen, using the Ausserfern railway to Reutte, then bus to Fussen. Can anyone tell me if the Bayern ticket can be used for the Austrian part of the journey please

3 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 5:41 PM
    • Where to buy authentic alpine cow bells in Garmisch

by mevel Online Now Jul 18, 2014 at 9:21 AM

Does anyone know of a foundry or a shop that sells that authentic cowbells (not tourist ones but ones that the farmers would actually use) in or close by to Garmisch-Partenkirchen?

1 Answer Jul 18, 2014 at 9:58 AM
    • Small children to entertain!!

by Shonaysho Online Now Jul 5, 2014 at 3:17 PM

Is there any type of fair rides or small kids activities in and around Garmish Parterkirchen or within an hours drive of GP?

10 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 11:43 PM
    • snow in july?

by psashi Online Now Jun 26, 2014 at 12:56 AM

does it snow in july 10-20 in garmisch

5 Answers Jun 27, 2014 at 10:19 AM
    • Driving to Garmisch

by coldfusionblue Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 8:32 PM

I'm planning a trip to Garmisch in December. How is the drive? I am planning on renting a car but I do not know whether or not I will need winter tires. I am only concerned because I do not know if the roads are icy, etc. I've tried to look on other sites but still haven't gotten an answer. Please help!

2 Answers Jun 24, 2014 at 9:00 PM
    • Kids activities

by Shonaysho Online Now Jun 24, 2014 at 2:43 PM

Staying in Garmish/Parterkirchen 9-23rd July with 3 & 5 year olds. Can anyone advise us of any things we could see and do to entertain them? We have stayed there before when kids were younger and mostly went to the local parks and swimming pool but need more varied activities now. Thanks:-)

5 Answers Jul 4, 2014 at 3:23 PM
    • What clothes to take?

by You1234 Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 1:19 AM

Hi I am visiting Garmisch this weekend. Its a surprise my other half has arranged. I am not planning on skiing. What kind of clothes do I need to pack? Please help !!!!!!

3 Answers Jul 23, 2014 at 2:02 AM
    • Alik_S's Profile Photo

is there a snow on the route to Zugspitze

by Alik_S Online Now May 21, 2014 at 7:33 AM

Dear friends,
      we are planning the 2 day trekking from Eibsee - over Wiener-Neustadt hut route - to the Zugspitze - with one night stay in the Knorrhütte on the descent.
      could you please specify is there snow in June 11-12 on this route?
      any advises?

2 Answers May 22, 2014 at 9:17 AM
    • Bus from Gamisch-Partenkirchen to Attel Abbey

by RO-CBR Online Now Mar 10, 2014 at 6:40 PM

We wish to visit Attel Abbey as a day trip from Munich in July. The DBahn website gives plenty of information on trains between Munich and G-P however I am having difficulty finding information on how to get to the abbey once we arrive in Garmisch-P. I assume there is a local bus however I cannot track down any details. Does anyone know how we can do it?

11 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • pep157 @optonline.net

by impeppy Online Now Feb 18, 2014 at 6:14 AM

Is there a week pass on mountain rail road and cable cars.

4 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 8:30 AM
    • Drive around countryside

by s_david Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 9:09 AM

Can you suggest areas in Germany where you can go for picturesque countryside drives?

4 Answers Feb 14, 2014 at 11:59 AM
    • Alik_S's Profile Photo

3-day hiking routes in Garmisch-Partenkirchen

by Alik_S Online Now Feb 14, 2014 at 5:02 AM

Dear community,
      please advise 2-3-day hiking routes in the area with stay in the mountain huts.
      We are planning to visit Garmisch-Partenkirchen in the mid of June for a hike.
      Moderate-to-difficult level is OK, but we do not want to take any equipment with us except sleeping bags.
      Do we need sleeping bags to stay in the mountain huts?
      Any advises for must-see places and links to good sites are welcome.
      Thank you.

3 Answers May 7, 2014 at 2:25 AM
    • New years eve

by Hanskristian Online Now Dec 25, 2013 at 11:06 AM

Hello everybody !

Where to be and what not to miss in GP this New Years Eve?

Hk

• Carved Candles?

by AprilsTravels Online Now Nov 30, 2013 at 3:02 PM

Looking for a shop there in Garmisch-Partenkirchen that sells carved candles that has a "wooden" look to them and has the city's name carved into them please. Any help is appreciated! We are heading there this coming week (first full week in December).

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 7:50 PM
    • Train station storage

by MaryAnne27 Online Now Nov 22, 2013 at 2:32 PM

is there storage at the Garmish train station for backpacks and suitcases?

3 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • getting around

by magpat98 Online Now Oct 16, 2013 at 1:01 AM

Hello ! I am hoping someone might be familiar with the US army base in Garmisch Germany. Specifically I was wondering if I can reach it from the center train station by either bus or train .... and how far it is located from the town of Garmisch. I am heading there next week and cannot quite tell from websites if a car is necessary. THANK YOU for any information including your favorite hotel in town !

4 Answers Oct 16, 2013 at 5:37 AM
    • Schloss LInderhof & Kloster Ettal

by GNR2004 Online Now Oct 12, 2013 at 10:38 AM

What is the most convenient and practical way to get to Schloss Linderhof and Kloster Ettal from Garmisch-Partenkirchen in winter when one doesn't have a car and needs to rely on public transport? Is it realistic to cover both places in a day (factoring travel time back to Garmisch-Partenkirchen)?

7 Answers Oct 15, 2013 at 9:54 PM
    • Day Trip from Munich

by Leannebuchanan Online Now Oct 8, 2013 at 6:59 AM

I'd like to do a day trip from Munich that includes Garmisch - Partenkirchen and Neuschwanstein Castle - is this possible and if so are there any companies recommended.
      Thanks
      Leanne
      Perth, Australia

4 Answers Oct 8, 2013 at 11:36 AM
    • Garmish for an evening and morning

by koop31 Online Now Sep 23, 2013 at 5:32 AM

I'm staying a night in Garmisch before heading to oktoberfest. Arriving at 18:00 and departing at 12-13. Any recommendations for attractions to see?

4 Answers Sep 23, 2013 at 11:42 AM
    • Traveling to Garmisch from Munich on Christmas Day

by leannewb Online Now Sep 3, 2013 at 6:48 PM

Do the trains run on Christmas day, and will Garmisch or Zugspitze be open for Skiing on the 25th?

3 Answers Sep 4, 2013 at 6:55 PM
    • Hikes

by Jano18 Online Now May 27, 2013 at 2:33 PM

Hi, I am going to Garmisch for 9 days in September. I am a moderate hiker. It has been difficult from the states to find moderate day hikes from 5-8 hours in length. We would also like to spend one night in a mountain hut during one of our hikes. Can I get all responders to give me their top five hikes that fall within my criteria. I hear the hike to Mittenwald is real nice. I cannot find any books that give me this info. Thanks a bunch

11 Answers Jun 8, 2013 at 1:08 PM
    • Irish hiking group to Zugspitze.

by johntlenihan Online Now Mar 24, 2013 at 4:57 PM

HI I’m travelling to Garmisch-Partenkirchen in September with a group of about 15 for who I am organizing the trip and I’m trying to put a travel agenda together and I was hoping maby someone who knows the area might be able to advise me in any way as any of us aren’t big into the internet scene so could do with all the help we can get, we will be flying into Munich at about 3 in the afternoon and from what I read there seems to be a ticket for about 30 euros that we can purchase at a counter that will cover us in groups of 5, is it easy to find this counter at Munich airport and will this ticket get us all the way to Garmish-P and can we purchase it on day of travel or would we need to book our place on the train to Garmish-P in advance, someone mentioned that we can’t get a direct train from the airport to GP but that we should get a connection at a place called Passing rather than the main station, if we are travelling from the airport by train which place do we come to first is it Passing or is it the main station, when in GP we are thinking of staying in self catering facilities as we will be hiking up the Zugspitze and plan on spending at least 2 night up the mountain, ( 1 on the way up and one on the summit) and maby a night in Mittenwald so it prob wouldn’t make sense to be paying money for a hotel room or B and B if we going to be staying elsewhere for 3 nights, also can anyone tell me do we need to book ahead for accommodation on the mountain at the huts as we would be there on the last wed and thurs of September, Thanks in advance for any answers to my queries or for any further advice that ye can offer us, we intend to book our flights and accommodation the coming weekend, thank u – The Irish hikers.

7 Answers Apr 8, 2013 at 3:04 PM
    • A small studio to rent for 6 weeks?

by itsasmallworld Online Now Mar 22, 2013 at 6:49 AM

I am going to Garmisch to work for 6 weeks, starting April 2, and I need to rent a small studio (not an expensive vacation house) as close to the Marshall Center as possible. I might stay there till the end of the year, but I do not know yet. I would appreciate any leads/ideas!!! Thanks!

3 Answers Mar 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM
    • BethP12's Profile Photo

Christmas Markets

by BethP12 Online Now Sep 13, 2012 at 9:20 AM

My family and I will be traveling to Garmisch-Partenkirchen from Dec. 27-Jan 3. My question is will there be any holiday decorations or events (Christmas Markets)still going on while we are there? Even in nearby towns? I was so looking forward to experience them but our trip was pushed back until after Christmas. Thanks,

8 Answers Mar 5, 2015 at 12:57 AM