Garmisch-Partenkirchen Travel Answers

change location

housing in Garmisch for one month next summer

by sandiedog Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 8:54 AM

I'm planning to spend the month of July in the Garmisch area next summer. So I'm looking for housing for 2 adults and 2 teenage children for 3-4 weeks. I've been there and stayed on the military base, but no longer have base privileges. Any suggestions on housing for that period of time? I'd also consider a house exchange with a family coming from that area - I live in Florida.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • swandav's Profile Photo

Re: housing in Garmisch for one month next summer

by swandav Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 9:38 AM

Hi sandidog,

I live in Garmisch now, and I've spent five weeks in a vacation apartment in Mittenwald (20 mins by train) and nine weeks in a vacation apartment in Grainau (right next to Artillery Kaserne). So that's what I think is your best bet -- a vacation apartment, called Ferienwohnung in German.

You can search and find one at Garmisch's website:

www.gapa.de

Change the language, then click on "Accommodations" in the center of the page. Input your dates, select "Holiday Flat" under "Accommodation type," and input the number of adults and children. You'll get a complete list of apartments that are available, and most will have photos.

Once you have a short list of possible apartments, find out where they are in town -- either the apartment site will have one, or you can put the address in at google maps.

Let me know if you'd like any more info about a specific one you find, or general info here.

s

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Beausoleil's Profile Photo

Re: housing in Garmisch for one month next summer

by Beausoleil Online Now Dec 5, 2009 at 9:38 PM

We've had good luck with holiday-rentals.com/World/r1...

If you are staying a month, be sure to ask about long-term discounts. Most places are happy to give a good discount if you stay two weeks or longer.

Good luck.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines