Garmisch-Partenkirchen Travel Answers

change location
JPS_15's Profile Photo

More related to ski-jump event | also, are there lockers at train station?

by JPS_15 Online Now Dec 21, 2005 at 9:35 AM

Can anyone please tell me whether there are any luggage lockers in Garmisch-Partenkirchen Train Station and how much do they cost? On another post I read that it is likely that since there's gonna be the event, trains will also stop at Kainzenbad station so please advise about lockers at this station too.

I'll be travelling from Munich to Innsbruck on 1st Jan and I'd like to stop in Garmisch for the Ski Jump event on NYE. However I'll need to leave the luggage somewhere. I tried finding accommodation for 1 night but seems like everywhere's choc-a-block.

Once the event is over, will I easily find trains going to Innsbruck (till what time do trains to IBK run?)

Is it sensible to but tickets for the event at the door? I've checked out this site selling the tickets ssl.garmisch.net/der-reisebu... I'm assuming that Category 7 is standing. But do you see something or it's absolutely a no-no. If I buy tickets online, will they keep them for me and I pick them up at the door or what? There's not enough time to get them by post for sure.

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • travelfrosch's Profile Photo

RE: More related to ski-jump event | also, are there lockers at train station?

by travelfrosch Online Now Dec 22, 2005 at 2:34 PM

I'm not sure about luggage storage -- it's been about 10 years since I was last in GAP... I THINK there were some lockers. If there's a major event though, they'd likely be full from people doing exactly what you're trying to do. Small lockers cost EUR 2 and large ones cost EUR 4, if I remember correctly.

The last train to Innsbruck on New Year's Day is at 20:04, arriving in Innsbruck at 21:22. After that, you need to go back to Munich and hitch a ride on a night train bound for Italy via Kufstein... or wait overnight in Mittenwald for the first morning train.

Sorry -- I have no idea how the ski jump tickets work.

Merry Christmas!

Mark

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines