Garda

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Base city to hike in the Dolomites

Cortina d'Ampezzo Mar 30, 2014 at 1:21 PM

Where is the best place to stay when hiking in the Dolomites? Is Cortina d'Ampezzo a good place to act as a base? Do you need a car to get there? Or is it possible to get there by train?

Thanks.

more
    • transportation

Venice Apr 13, 2014 at 11:21 AM

HI,
      Can I get from the port to the train or de bus station by walk?
      What is the best way to travel from Venice to Bologna, train or bus?
      That you.
      Sylvie

more
    • venice guided tour for 26

Venice Apr 5, 2014 at 8:34 AM

Any advice for what's available for a tour for 26 people
      on Tuesday?

more
    • butterfly house

Vicenza Apr 4, 2014 at 5:37 AM

what is the name of the butterfly house /park run by the handicapped, it is not in Padoa.

more
    • AbhinavA's Profile Photo

Difference between HelloVenezia Venice Card and VeneziaUnica City Pass

Venice Apr 3, 2014 at 2:14 PM

Hello all

I was looking for Museum and Church passes in Venice and I found the following 2 passes:

1. HelloVenezia Venice Card : hellovenezia.com/index.php?o...

2. VeneziaUnica City Pass : http://www.veneziaunica.it/en/

I was planning to consider the Junior version of both the cards(around 30 euros) which would be lesser than the individual costs of destinations. Both the cards cover the same attractions and are equally priced. Can anybody help me understand, what is the difference between both these passes. Also which pass should I buy among the 2? Are they bought online or can be bought at Venice. I would be arriving from VCE airport.

Also one more question, will I be eligible for the Reduced ticket for Doge's Palace Secret Itineraries Tour with either of these passes?

Thank you
      Abhinav

more
    • wreaths on women's heads

Verona Apr 1, 2014 at 1:05 PM

Seen several women today with wreaths on their heads..why?

more
    • Bus stop near St Anthony's

Padova Mar 19, 2014 at 12:45 PM

I understand I could take the bus from the Marco Polo airport to Padova Autostazione , however I'd like to get closer to Hotel Beludi 37 near St Anthony's. Can it be done?

more
    • onewhisky's Profile Photo

Opera at Verona Arena.

Verona Apr 6, 2014 at 12:56 PM

We are going to see Opera in Verona Arena Sat night Sun morning, my best guess is a 2am finish. We are staying in Desenzano Del Garda. So train in is no problem. How easy is it going to be to book and then find my taxi after Opera finishes please? Thanks in advance.

more
    • Elyzabeth's Profile Photo

Any special little tucked away places, or suggestions besides the obvious?

Venice Apr 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM

We will be staying in an apartment , in the San Marco, in May.

I highly recommend staying in an apartment as opposed to a hotel,

especially in someplace as expensive as Venice.
      We can prepare our own breakfasts and take some snacks with us on our travel.

more
    • Best places to stay that are near the bars and nightclubs.

Venice Mar 16, 2014 at 6:50 PM

Its our first time traveling to Italy. We will be staying in Venice, Florence and Rome. We want to stay in hotels that are near all the action at night but also around things we can go to sight see during the day. Any suggestions. Hotels must be very clean and not grudgy looking. Also if you have any suggestions of bars, clubs and resturantes please let us know. Its for our honeymoon. Im 25 and hes 28 TY!

more
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

3 days itenary

Venice Apr 12, 2014 at 9:12 PM

Venice is my final city for a 11 days holiday and I plan to spend 3 days. Would like some help with itenary.

- Can I have some suggestions on what to cover within these 3 days (first time in Venice)

- is staying on the island recommended? While this is more expensive, do I need to travel around? Looking for shortlist of accommodation in San Marco / San Polo and Marghera. On tight budget, so appreciate views.

- will be arriving on train from Milan. Is there a recommended way to get to city?

- what is the best way to head to airport on last day?

Any other helpful advice is appreciated. Thanks!!! :)

more
    • One night in Venice after cruise

Venice Apr 7, 2014 at 7:05 AM

We will be getting into the Port of Venice in the morning, and have a flight to leave the next day at 9:50 AM. Because of this flight time, we chose to stay near the airport. So our plan is to get off the boat and head directly to the Marriott Courtyard to drop off the luggage. Then, after that, head back to the center of Venice for the rest of the day and into evening. My question is this: What is the best transport from the Port to Marriott Courtyard (no shuttle service offered by hotel from Port), and the best way back to the center of town from the Courtyard? thank you in advance!

more
    • YvetteF2's Profile Photo

TICKETS TOUR

Venice Mar 17, 2014 at 1:44 PM

WILL I BE ABLE TO BUY GONDOLA TOUR TICKETS IN VENICE?

more
    • One day in Venice

Venice Mar 23, 2014 at 12:47 AM

I have just 1 day and 1 evening to spend in Venice. How would you have used the time?

more
    • marco polo airport transfer

Venice Apr 11, 2014 at 7:32 AM

Hello I am traveling on my own to Venice and I am arriving to Marco Polo Airport. My hotel lucy is in Via Santo Stefano, Campalto, could you please advise me what is the best way to get to the hotel? thank you sylvia

more
    • Bus/Train which is best?

Venice Mar 21, 2014 at 4:21 PM

What is the best way to travel from Venice to Maribor? Bus or Train ? Would prefer direct route.
      Would appreciate your help.
      Bebelone.

more
    • Holiday in September on Lake Garda

by varleyph Online Now Oct 15, 2013 at 3:44 AM

Staying 5 nights on the lake
      1 -- where is the best place to stay say 150 euro per night?
      2 -- Do I need a car or are ferries the go?
      3 -- What are the best places to visit?

5 Answers Jan 23, 2014 at 7:33 AM
    • That perfect little place to eat in Desenzano

by mariavernagrandchild Online Now Aug 29, 2013 at 3:52 AM

Last year we stayed in Varenna on Lake Como. While there, a local resident recommended Il Bar Molo as a place to eat. We loved it so much.that we returned there several nights. It was homey, small, reasonable, right on the water, and had free WIFI.
      We are looking for the "Bar Molo" of Desenzano. Does anyone know of a place to compare to our Varenna favorite spot?
      Thank you so much!

• long distance swimming

by deirdreob Online Now Aug 22, 2013 at 12:37 AM

Hello All, I have booked a hotel in Garda Town for a week of swimming and researching / writing in Aug 26 - Sept 4. Where is the "beach" or locations where I can enter the water and swim (back & forth, hug the shore) for an hour or longer morning and evening with minimal boat, jet ski and other risky encounters. (I do wear a bright colored swim cap.) Should I enlarge my search to Lazise, Peschiera, Padenghe, and other southern / warm water towns? I will not have a car, would like to walk to / from swim spot (ideally 1 km or less), and would love an apartment, b & b, hotel, whatever, with a view and in-room internet for my research. All suggestions welcomed!! Thank you Very Much, deirdreob

2 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 11:56 PM
    • kffarr's Profile Photo

any good supermarkets

by kffarr Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 3:35 AM

Any good supermarkets around valeggio sul mincio?

1 Answer Jul 24, 2013 at 5:18 AM
    • Outdoor Activities in Lake Garda

by stephendfitz Online Now Jun 19, 2013 at 9:18 AM

I have booked a two week trip to Italy in September, flying into Milan and out of Pisa. I am hoping to do a lot of activities around Lake Garda (canyoning, abseiling, jet skiing, cycling ect). Does anyone know where the best spot on the lake is to do this? Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated! Many thanks Stephen

2 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 7:00 AM
    • vivic87's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Garda

by vivic87 Online Now Apr 24, 2012 at 2:44 PM

This is my first time going to Garda and i was wondering if there are discos and bars where you can hang out? i have been to Costa Brava and the nightlife there is amazing.I was looking on google earth but there isn't much where the hotel i'm going to stay is situated.

4 Answers May 3, 2012 at 9:11 PM
    • Banks in Garda, Lake Garda?

by leekaz Online Now Feb 24, 2009 at 6:03 AM

We are staying at the Regina Adelaide Hotel and want to pay our bill in cash, as you get a discount if doing so. I assume that you can't just go and withdraw £4000 from an ATM/Bancomat. Which banks are in Garda town and will we be able to go into any bank with a Nationwide or RBS debit card and withdraw money?

Kay

2 Answers Feb 24, 2009 at 11:16 AM
    • babettu's Profile Photo

Where is best to stay?

by babettu Online Now Apr 23, 2008 at 2:45 PM

Hi, I will be visiting Lake Garda in the beginning of August after a few days in Tuscany. I will be travelling by car. I am hoping to find lodging at San Zeno di Montagna. Can anyone tell me something about this place, for example any restaurants if there are any beautiful views of the mountains and the lake? If there are any special attractions? If in the evening I visit some other place by the lake will it be crowded and would I find a place to park my car? I tried to find information about this place but I did not find much and I really would like to know more about it.
      Thanks a lot hope that you will give me some advice!!

Best regards
      Stephen

4 Answers Apr 25, 2008 at 1:55 PM
    • travel from verona

by janette1 Online Now Aug 4, 2007 at 11:34 AM

Travelling to Lake Garda in August, looking for information on travel to lake garda from verona airport, by bus,train or taxi.

2 Answers Aug 5, 2007 at 7:52 AM
    • Tradtional bars and cafes in Garda and Bardolino

by jimbo1876 Online Now Jul 23, 2007 at 3:16 AM

Hi

I am visiting Garda in August (to the La Perla Hotel) and I am trying to find out about more tradional bars (and cafes) in the Garda and Bardolino towns - the sort of places the locals are more likely to use than tourists. Are there any such places or are the towns completely tourist dominated? Surely there must be places where the locals go to drink and chat and perhaps watch the football etc?

Thanks in advance for any help

Jim

• N.Ireland's Profile Photo

First Holiday

by N.Ireland Online Now Feb 7, 2007 at 5:55 AM

Helo, My family and I are going on our first holiday in august to Garda. Does anyone know if there are markets and if they are any good. What is the food like. We have heard that the cost of gifts ect are expencive, is this true. Also we cant realy speek italian, Do you realy need to know it? And lastly have you any recomendations on where to go.
      Thank you xx

6 Answers Jul 20, 2007 at 3:04 AM
    • Travelling around Lake Garda using public transport

by Deepakshah Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 3:58 PM

Can anyone please let me know how can one travel around lake Garda using public transport and what is the average cost. We are party of 7 and what will be easy

• Public transport from Verona (Brescia) Airport to Peshchiera

by Deepakshah Online Now Aug 4, 2006 at 3:56 PM

We are arriving by Ryanair and how do we get to Peshchiera by public transport. If anyone knows about buses please let us know as soon as possible.

2 Answers Aug 10, 2006 at 3:38 PM
    • Bella Italia Campsite

by Irish-Tourist Online Now Jul 10, 2006 at 12:42 PM

Hi,

We are going to the Bella Italia campsite near Pescheira in August of this year. We have 2 children, aged 5 and 7. Have any of you been there? What do you recommend? Any special tips / advice?

1 Answer Apr 28, 2007 at 6:08 AM
    • Driving holiday to Garda September

by Pamhughes Online Now Jun 11, 2006 at 10:36 AM

Hi My family are going to Lake Garda in September. We would prefer to book accomodation on the way, maybe having the first night pre booked.
      Is this a bad idea? Any good tips on which is/are the best towns to stay in?
      Pam

6 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 5:00 PM
    • Garda, Bancomat (ATM) and restaurants

by Jayjay01 Online Now Mar 6, 2006 at 9:09 AM

Hi

We are visiting Garda in May and would like to know if ATM's are plentiful in the town as we aren't planning on bringing many Euro's and prefer to withdraw cash as needed.

Also this is a holiday for our 1st wedding anniversary and are looking for a recommended vegetarian friendly restaurant for our anniversary meal.

Thanks

2 Answers Mar 8, 2006 at 2:47 AM
    • garda holiday

by amsuda Online Now Jul 26, 2005 at 8:32 AM

had a great time in Garda and really recommend it for families with kids. Had one thunderstorm in the evening and a little rain but nothing major. Plenty of traffic though. Would love to go there again. Thanks for all the info.

5 Answers Aug 3, 2005 at 2:51 AM
    • lojewska's Profile Photo

Public transport connections between small towns at Garda lAke

by lojewska Online Now Jul 14, 2005 at 11:52 PM

Hello, I am writting from Poland and I am going to visit Garda lake at July, Does anybody knows how the public ransport works? what is the cost of tickets?
      Is there a connection between Calmasino, Laziese, Verona??
      And the most important thing is a bys connection to Gardaland and Carnevaworld??
      What imoortantand beutiful things shoul I see here?

Thanks for all answers.
      REGARDS from POland

1 Answer Jul 15, 2005 at 1:37 AM
    • weather

by amsuda Online Now Jul 12, 2005 at 11:22 PM

Is the weather really that bad in Garda this week and should we bring our winter stuff.? I read thunderstorms - in July???We are leaving on the 16th to the 24th. Thanks

3 Answers Jul 14, 2005 at 2:47 PM
    • Credit cards?

by KooHanna Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 1:09 AM

Which cards are commonly accepted at the Garda district? Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners?

6 Answers Jul 11, 2005 at 12:07 AM
    • Credit cards?

by KooHanna Online Now Jul 10, 2005 at 12:03 AM

Which cards are commonly accepted at the Garda district? Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Diners?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2005 at 1:10 AM
    • Hotel Cortina

by KooHanna Online Now Jul 9, 2005 at 11:49 PM

Hi everybody!

Has anyone spent time in the town of Garda at the hotel Cortina?

Does the hotel have a garden?

How late do they serve breakfast?

Thanks.

1 Answer Jul 10, 2005 at 4:33 AM
    • Laundry service in the town of Garda?

by KooHanna Online Now Jun 14, 2005 at 10:54 AM

Dear all,

I will be spending two weeks in the town of Garda in a small hotel with no laundry service.

Could You please let me know if there are any laundry shops etc. there?

Thanks!

6 Answers Jun 16, 2005 at 10:51 PM
    • Typical costs

by sarahsumpter Online Now Apr 29, 2005 at 5:46 AM

I am travelling to Lake Garda next week and was wondering whether eating and drinking in bars and restaurants was expensive in comparison with the UK.

Also we are going to Venice for 2 days - any suggestions of where we should eat?
      I have heard some horror stories about eating fish/seafood.

5 Answers Feb 11, 2006 at 4:54 AM
    • Public transportation from Verona airport to Sirmione (Columbare)?

by stimzy Online Now Apr 6, 2005 at 3:04 PM

Hi!

I guess this is a similar question to Jayne's (see the other question).

We are planning to make a trip to Sirmione, and more precisely, to Columbare, where we are staying at the Mirabello hotel (Via XXV Aprile, 100 - 25019 Sirmione). What is the best way to get to our hotel from Verona airport?

This far I've given these options:
      1) A shuttle service from the airport to Verona town, where transfer to a direct bus to Sirmione?
      2) A shuttle.., where transfer to a train to Desenzano, and then a taxi to Sirmione?
      3) A taxi from the airport to Sirmione?

Which of these three options is the best one, and what is the cost?
      Do you have any ideas where to look for the schedules and rates?
      Have you any extra options on top of these three mentioned?

All the answers will be highly appreciated!
      Thanks!

Greetings from Finland!
      Timo Riipinen

9 Answers Jul 12, 2007 at 2:01 PM
    • rent a car

by cathymo Online Now Feb 26, 2005 at 7:02 AM

We are going to Lake Garda end of May. Is it worth it to rent a car while we are there, or is it just as easy to use the lake and locale transportation? We also will be flying ito Milan. We plan on taking the train from Milan to Verona,then being picked up there by the hotel shuttle service, is the easiest way to get there. I did not find a train from Milan to Lake Garda, is this correct? Thanks for any advise. sincerely Cathymo

1 Answer Feb 27, 2005 at 1:58 AM
    • Transport from Brescia airport to Sirmione?

by AnnaB2 Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 11:46 AM

Hello I'm off to Italy next week and would be grateful if somebody could shed some light on transportation from Brescia airport to Sirmione. I would like to go by bus ... any tips, hints, suggestions how or if this is possible. Later I will be travelling to Verona from Sirmione - so any suggestions on this route would also be appreciated. Many thanks, AB

3 Answers Apr 6, 2005 at 2:54 PM
    • Public transport from Verona airport to Sirmione Lake Garda

by jaynecooke Online Now Mar 22, 2004 at 4:21 PM

We are travelling to Lake Garda (Sirmione) on 25th March and would be very grateful if anyone can tell us the best way to get there via public transport. We gather there are a couple of train stations in Verona, Porta Nuova and Villafranca di Verona and trains go to Desenzano del Garda where you can get a ferry to Sirmione but 1. How do you get to Verona from Verona airport? 2 Which of the two stations do we need to go to for a train to Desenzano del Garda? 3. Is it possible to go straight from Verona airport to Lake Garda by public transport? We also think there are buses but could only find two listed on the website - both going before 7am in the morning. Does anyone know if there are more buses than this and the address of the bus station in Verona? All help will be gratefully received. Jayne

4 Answers Apr 6, 2005 at 2:47 PM
    • Garda

by Kipperfeet Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 11:14 PM

Does anyone know of a website where I can download a street map of Garda? Thanks

2 Answers Jul 17, 2003 at 10:39 AM
    • Garda - Hotel Palme

by Kipperfeet Online Now Jul 16, 2003 at 11:13 PM

We shall be staying in this hotel in September and were wondering if anyone had any info on it. Such as room facilities, food, situation and the hotel in general. Thanks

1 Answer Jul 25, 2003 at 5:02 AM