Travel Answers
Gansu Sheng

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Has anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jul 17, 2014 at 2:20 AM

Has anybody been to Ningde in Fujian Province. Do you recommend any sightseeing?
      Thank you
      Ulrike

more
    • angiebabe's Profile Photo

tourist visas from Hong KOng

China Jul 8, 2014 at 8:00 PM

the latest changes to visa situations its said that people are supposed to return home to their countries if HK is not their home country to apply for tourist visas but that HK is still not enforcing this so HK is usually still the first place that comes out of peoples mouths when doing this - but wanting to ask is there anyone here who has obtained a tourist visa from HK recently and how long were they given?
      if they applied for 3 months did they get 3 months or only 2 or 1??!!
      Also were you able to do it as overnight express or had to wait a few days?

thanks for any helpful info!

more
    • Restaurants in Yulin, Shaanxi

Yulin Jul 8, 2014 at 5:50 PM

Are there any good western restaurants or bars in Yulin?

more
    • nightlife!

Chengdu Jun 29, 2014 at 6:37 AM

is the mgm nightclub a good spot to go on Friday nights for a black tourist in china?

more
    • Clubs at Quanzhou

Fujian Sheng Jul 17, 2014 at 6:11 AM

Sorry i want to knoW Nice nights clubs at Quanzhou please ? I am at the wanda vista hôtel
      Thank you

more
    • Cheap bike or electric bikes where to buy

Beijing Jul 14, 2014 at 6:08 AM

Hey guys new here in beijing
      Where is best local place to buy a cheap bike or electric bike in the city. Prefer not to overpay.
      J

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:09 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • great wall

Pukou Jul 11, 2014 at 5:08 AM

how far is the great wall of china from Pukou

more
    • Zhongdian to Kunming?

Zhongdian Jul 8, 2014 at 8:57 AM

What's the best way to do this journey?

more
    • siknight's Profile Photo

train border crossing time

Nanning Jul 4, 2014 at 8:05 PM

My vietnam visa states I can enter on the 17th. I want to take the train departing Nanning to Hanoi on the 16th with a border crossing around midnight (17th). Will I be ok if I am at the border 30 minutes early or will I have to wait around until midnight? If anyone has any experience of this I would be grateful.
      Cheers, Simon

more
    • Spend a day in Kaohsiung

Tai'an Jul 1, 2014 at 11:53 PM

We plan to ,be in Taipei for 7 nights in early November and if possible,take a day trip to Kaohsiung by the High Speed Train.
      How to go about it and in one day what all to do and see.
      All your replies would be more than welcome.
      Many thanks.

more
    • Tablets and Phones

Beijing Jul 9, 2014 at 10:53 PM

Hello,

Where can I get the best price for a Samsung galaxy 10.1 inch tablet and a Samsung S5 phone. What is the lowest price I could get? I will be going to the silk market on saturday.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

Dali or Lijiang

Yunnan Sheng Jul 7, 2014 at 11:37 PM

Hi,

I am wondering if two days in Dali and three days in Lijiang (2 days around Lijiang and one in the old town) are sufficient.

Thanks

more
    • cbhuta's Profile Photo

what's happening in Shanghai on 12 and 13 July?

Shanghai Jul 5, 2014 at 8:32 AM

Hey guys, I'm in Shanghai for the weekend and looking for places to go where I can meet up with people and have a good evening over drinks or dinner.
      Any suggestions?

more
    • Job in China

Guangxi Zhuangzu Zizhiqu Jul 4, 2014 at 4:03 AM

I've been offered a teaching position in Yizhou, Guangxi province from September for 5 months. I'm concerned about the heat and humidity and possible air pollution. Would this be a problem?

more
    • Ferry from Shanghai to Osaka (Shanghai Ferry Company) and Japanese Rail Pass

China Jul 2, 2014 at 7:43 PM

So me and my friend are planning a trip to Japan from Shanghai via boat (how adventurous of us!) Like many foreigners visiting Japan, we've heard about the Japanese Rail Pass and are very interested, I've been doing some reading online and I read that in order to get your ticket exchanged whilst in Japan, you need proof of your entry date. This is mandatory on flights, but I'm worried that the boat company won't stamp our passports with our arrival date. Has anyone used the Shanghai Ferry Co. Limited and can let me know if this is something they provide?

more
    • Cell phone

Shenzhen Jul 1, 2014 at 1:41 AM

Should I buy a new iPhone 5 in the states before moving to Shenzhen or buy a new phone when I get there?

more
    • Accommodation booking

China Jun 28, 2014 at 7:49 AM

Hi all!
      I am planning on hiking the Tiger Leaping Gorge in August and wonder if it is necessary to book a room in advance at Halfway Lodge and at Sean's (Spring Guesthouse). Also any recommendation regarding the accommodation at Tiger Leaping Gorge would be much appreciated.
      Thank you for taking the time to answer my question! :)

more
    • nepalgoods's Profile Photo

Anybody ever been to Ningde, Fujian?

Ningde Jun 25, 2014 at 9:50 PM

I am planning to visit NIngde in November. Has anybody been there?

more
    • Kunming airport

Kunming Jul 7, 2014 at 10:37 AM

I will be arriving at Kunming airport from overseas and plan to board a local flight to Lijiang from the same Kunming airport. Is one and half hours sufficient time after arriving from overseas to take the local flight to Lijiang? Let me know, thanks.

more
    • TravelingSandy's Profile Photo

Beijing, China

Beijing Jul 5, 2014 at 3:40 PM

We are arriving in Xingang via cruise ship on October, 13 at 7am. We depart on October 14 at 7pm. Is the bullet train the best way to get into the city? Can anyone recommend a good tour operator at a fair price Thanks so much!

more
    • Naomi_B's Profile Photo

facebook acces from Shanghai

Shanghai Jun 25, 2014 at 11:55 PM

Is it true that facebook and similar social media sites are banned in China? I want to know if I will be able to access my facebook from Shanghai.

more
    • ohaiyo's Profile Photo

independent travel

Yunnan Sheng Jun 22, 2014 at 11:13 PM

Hi,

I want to do independent travel to Yunnan and Guizhou. My interests are minority culture and photography.

However, I have not done independent travel in that part of China before and don't know how to tackle the logistics. I have heard that getting around in that part of China is not easy.

I have three weeks and want to cover Kunming, Dali, Lijiang, Tiger Leaping Gorge, Jianshui, and Yueyang Rice Terraces in Yunnan before heading to Huanguoshu Falls, Zhijin Caves, and the Miao and Dong villages aroind Kaili in Guizhou.

If anyone has advice, please let me know.

Thank you

more
    • sjumani's Profile Photo

Shanghai to Seoul by ferry

China Jul 18, 2014 at 12:02 PM

Is there any ferry service from Shanghai or any other closer city to Seoul? How much does it cost?

more
    • Do I have a problem??

Beijing Jul 16, 2014 at 7:04 AM

DO I HAVE A VISA PROBLEM

I am visiting China later this year from Aug 28 to Feb 3 and have already booked my flights. Total stay in China for158 days on a ‘L’ visa as I’m touring.
      I’ve got a visa for 60 days double entry (total 120 days), and I’ve been told I can get an extension for a further 30 days at a police station. This makes 150 days in total. Here is the question :- Can I obtain a further extension for the remaining 8 days. The Chinese embassy in Manchester says I will only find out when I'm in China. But I would like to know now so I can adjust my return flight date.

more

Popular Gansu Sheng Travel Answer Locations

• david624's Profile Photo

safety in Dunhuang

Dunhuang Jan 26, 2014 at 7:31 AM

is there much crime or political unrest in Dunhuang?

4 Answers Jan 27, 2014 at 2:22 PM
    • Bus from Tongren to Lanzhou

Lanzhou Oct 15, 2013 at 3:53 AM

Can anyone advise me if it is possible to get a bus from Tongren to Lanzhou ? If so, what time, and how long is the trip ??
      Thnx
      Steve C

1 Answer Nov 1, 2013 at 6:19 AM
    • SilviaS11's Profile Photo

Zhangye Danxia Geopark

Zhangye Sep 25, 2013 at 12:04 PM

Please.. What is the easiest and fastest way to get to the park?
      Any recommendations for travel agency or local guide who can pick me up at the train station of Zhangye and take me to the park?
      Thanks for help

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 9:44 PM
    • Visiting permit

Dunhuang Mar 27, 2013 at 9:31 AM

Planning to Xi'an, Lanzhou (Gansu Corridor), Jiayuguan (deserted sections of the Great Wall), and Dunhuang (Mogao Caves, Dunhuang Museum, Echoing-Sand Mountain, Camel Ride, Crescent Lake). Does anyone know if I need additional travel permits on top of the 3 months china tourist visa to visit these places? I'm planning to fly from Shangri-La to Xi'an and then take a train/bus from there to the other cities along the way to Dunhuang. Also, would a tour guide be necessary? I'd prefer traveling on my own but would still be fine with joining a tour group if that's the better way. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 28, 2013 at 10:27 AM
    • Yardang Park

Dunhuang Apr 30, 2010 at 4:45 AM

Plan to visit the Yardang from Dunhuang, would like to know how long it takes to drive from Dunhaung?

7 Answers Nov 21, 2010 at 10:53 PM
    • 2004me's Profile Photo

Is theTibet travel permit inough to entry to Lanzhou?

Lanzhou Apr 12, 2010 at 4:13 AM

we will be coming back from Lhasa by train and will get off at Lanzhou. And we planning to take a train to Tashkent.We plan to get Tibet Travel permit.Is the Tibet travel permit inough to entry to Lanzhou?

4 Answers Apr 14, 2010 at 5:36 AM
    • Silk Road with Jiayuguan, Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan?

Jiayuguan Sep 8, 2008 at 8:53 PM

I am looking for a tour that goes to Jiayuguan in China, as well as Kyrgyzstan and Uzbekistan. I am having trouble finding a tour that goes to all 3 places. Within China, I would also like it to go to Kashgar and maybe Turpan, but they all seem to go to these places, so I dont think that will be a problem. Im looking for a tour thats 2-3 weeks. Does anyone know of such a tour?

• anxueli's Profile Photo

travel to XiaHe

Xiahe May 19, 2008 at 9:33 AM

Hello,
      I am looking for some connections on studying herbal medicine in XiaHe. I have studied Chinese Herbal Medicine in the past and I am looking for some information or networking for studying with a teacher for a short time in northcentral or northwestern China.
      Thanks!! Ashley

3 Answers May 20, 2008 at 11:07 AM
    • ellyse's Profile Photo

Accommodation recommendations

Gansu Sheng Jun 26, 2007 at 9:20 PM

Our current route is approximately Xining -- Huatugou -- Charklik (Ruoqiang) -- Hotan -- Karghilik (Yecheng) -- Yarkand (Shache) -- Kashgar -- Karakul -- Tashkurgan -- Kashgar -- Kuqa -- Yining (Sayram Lake) -- Bu'erjin -- Hanas Lake -- Tian Chi -- Urumqi -- Turpan -- Dunhuang -- Lanzhou. We're travelling in the month of July.

Does anyone have any personal recommendations for accommodation in any of these destinations? We could spend up to 200 RMB/night for a twin with ensuite, but of course trying to keep it way below that for most of the time. A standard of 100 RMB/night should be quite sufficient. To clarify, I have Lonely Planet 2005, Lonely Planet 2007 as well as Rough Guide 2005, and have looked through them. Guidebooks don't really have ALL the information, so personal recommendations would be very much appreciated. We already have a place to stay in Xining.

If you have the address and phone number that'd be enough, no particular need for email addresses! Thanks in advance. :)

2 Answers Aug 28, 2007 at 9:54 AM
    • Gansu sheng

Minle Sep 25, 2006 at 5:10 AM

Hi,
      I want to explore the fascinating & mystic Minle and surroundings located in gansu province of China. I would love to receive any type of information e.g geography,location,climate, how to reach there.
      By till then

2 Answers Oct 9, 2006 at 12:32 AM
    • Trip into Bayingol this coming October

Dunhuang Jun 13, 2006 at 1:40 PM

I am tentatively planning a camel trip this October from the Sanlongsha Yardan Formations to the Yardan Formations in Bayingol Prefecture in Xinjiang. About six days trip from Dunhuang.

Anyone interested in joining?

- Mark

1 Answer Jun 13, 2006 at 4:21 PM
    • Tilopa's Profile Photo

some help questions

Dunhuang May 21, 2006 at 3:50 AM

Can anyone help me out to find motorhome hire facilities in Dunhuang? and also wich season you consider best to travel there?

tilopa

life is what happens to you while you´re busy making other plans. Lennon

2 Answers Jun 12, 2006 at 5:29 AM
    • Looking to meet some people

Lanzhou Apr 24, 2006 at 9:32 PM

Hi guys and gurls -

I have been living in Lanzhou for two months now and I am the only teacher at a small school, I am looking to meet up for ppl for a coffee or lunch or some-thing if any-ones interested e-mail me : kris_is_in@hotmail.com :P Or post a comment on my website kristytrip.com :P thanks for your time hope to hear from some-one soon

12 Answers Oct 27, 2006 at 5:47 PM
    • Mogao Caves

Gansu Sheng Mar 10, 2006 at 5:57 AM

Trying to decide whether to include Dunhuang in China itinerary mid-April. I’ve read several reports by tourists of churlish treatment, individual travellers forced to wait until a group forms up, limited access to the caves, poor viewing conditions, etc. Has anyone been lately who could advise? I’m wondering, too, about the merits of other caves nearby, e.g. Yulin, Western Thousand Buddhas, etc.,. Maybe conditions are better there?

4 Answers Aug 13, 2006 at 12:10 AM
    • What crop is it

Gansu Sheng Mar 2, 2006 at 12:42 AM

We group of 10 persons want to visit Gansu Sheng and adjoining areas in coming summer. We are fond of traveling. There are long, big and shining yellowish green area down small villages called Minle,Shunhua and Dunle on Google earth planet(38.06 -38.16 N & 101.01-101.14 E Elev 9000-9153 ft). It seems near Qilian mountains. It is at the border of Gansu Sheng & Qinghai Sheng provinces. This seems like rice, barley or mustard plantations, but could it be so large?. It looks lush shining green, evenly uniform well planned plantations. Could you please give us information on this ; what is this place, how big is it, its name and how to reach there.
      I shall wait for your response

1 Answer Mar 2, 2006 at 11:23 PM
    • names of Villages

Gansu Sheng Jan 24, 2006 at 1:17 AM

Hi VT friends,
      Could anyone please let me know names of small villages on the border of Provinve of Gansu Sheng and Qinghai. I know a couple of them like Matisi, Dunle, Zhangmanzhai. Infact I plan to visit these in coming summer.

6 Answers Oct 28, 2006 at 12:02 AM
    • what is Lush Green ?

Lanzhou Dec 19, 2005 at 2:20 AM

If any fellow VT member has experience it shall be valuable in giving me guidance. I watched long, big and shining green area down Zhangye,Shunhua and Dunle villages(38.06 -38.16 N & 101.01-101.14 E Elev 9153 ft)). It is at the border of Gansu Sheng & Qinghai Sheng provinces. This seems like rice or Rape plantations, but could it be so large?. Could you please give me some information on this ; what is this place, how big is it, its name.

1 Answer Jun 12, 2006 at 5:55 AM
    • Ti_CoUzZz's Profile Photo

Tianshui,Xiahe and Near the Monastery

Gansu Sheng Jun 6, 2005 at 10:53 AM

Anyone could recommend me some cheap places to stay in Tianshui,Xiahe and Near the Monastery and what are the best places to go there???pls

1 Answer Aug 13, 2006 at 1:52 AM
    • Ti_CoUzZz's Profile Photo

Tianshui to Xiahe

Gansu Sheng Jun 5, 2005 at 11:08 AM

Hiya,anyone could tell me how much it cost to travel from tianshui to xiahe by bus and how many hours does it takes???

3 Answers Aug 13, 2006 at 2:05 AM
    • xampaio's Profile Photo

Transportation from Jiayuguan to Dunhuang

Gansu Sheng Jun 3, 2005 at 10:55 AM

HI,
      We want to go from Lanzhou to Jiayuguan and after to Dunhuang. Some people said the road rom JIyuguan to Dunhuang is under construction and it's better to go back to Lanzhou by train and after take a plane to Dunhuang. Has anybody done this trip?
      Xampaio

1 Answer Aug 13, 2006 at 2:21 AM
    • Suzhou to Shanghai

Suzhou Apr 4, 2004 at 7:05 PM

Hi I will be leaving Suzhou Changmen Hotel to Railway station. How long is the journey? Should I take bus or taxi? How much is the journey from the hotel to Railway station? When is the earliest train on 9/4? Look forward to your reply!

5 Answers Jun 10, 2006 at 6:01 AM
    • tropical-aussie's Profile Photo

Suzhou Going for a year

Suzhou Mar 2, 2004 at 2:20 AM

I'm just about to sign a contract to teach in Suzhou for a year. I've never been to China before except HK 3 decadesago. Looking to meet up with interesting people from around the before I arrive. I have lots of Questions. Also interested in meeting with people living in Shanghai to bulid up friendships so maybe we can visit each other. I;m a Cairns (in the tropica.One of the most beautiful places in the world) Nth Qld Aussie girl/woman. I'm alternative in mind and spirit and politcally Greens/not dizzy. I enjoy cards/ scrabble backgammon/swimming/ reading/films/the arts/travelling/ occassional raging/raving. Love to hear from any one out there Reg tropicalaussie

3 Answers May 27, 2007 at 2:14 PM
    • rajeshktlanzhou1's Profile Photo

Search for an Indian in Lanzhou

Lanzhou Feb 4, 2004 at 6:34 PM

I am looking for an Indian or person/family from Indian sucontinent in Lanzhou. If you have any information regarding this please mail me. I am postdoctoral fellow at Lanzhou University, School of Life science. Also if you can tell me about the place where Indian Spices can be purchased, i shall be grateful b'cos i need these things badly.

1 Answer Aug 13, 2006 at 2:31 AM
    • Is Gansu Museum in Lanzhou closed until end of 2004 or early 2005?

Lanzhou Dec 6, 2003 at 9:44 PM

The famous museum in Lanzhou - possibly the only reason for visiting - is closed for renovations, but until when? I heard November 2004 from one person and February 2005 from another. Any news? Why don't the authorities advertise that it is closed?

2 Answers Jun 2, 2005 at 7:08 PM
    • tiwarirajeshkumar's Profile Photo

Expenses in Lanzhou

Lanzhou Oct 23, 2003 at 2:43 AM

I have to join Lanzhou university as Postdoctoral Fellow. I would like to know that how much RMB will be sufficient to sustain a two person familiy if accomodation is free of cost. I an a vegetarian and occasionaly take Non veg food. Is vegetarian food available. I am going to get 1600RMB per month. Is it sufficient???

4 Answers May 14, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    • Allun's Profile Photo

Life in Lanzhou

Lanzhou Sep 28, 2003 at 7:46 AM

Hi, I'm thinking of going to live and work in Lanzhou soon and I wonder if you can offer any thoughts on the life and environment there. For example, just how bad is the atmospheric pollution there? Do you have any other comments on life there? Thanks for your help Allun

5 Answers Oct 13, 2009 at 10:49 AM
    • Gansu travel

Gansu Sheng Aug 28, 2003 at 4:46 AM

Anybody staying in or planning a stay in Gansu (China) area in September? Oystein from Oslo look for to get in touch. Kind regards, Oystein