Travel Answers
Gangtok

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Middle of February 2015 - Is it good time to visit Gangtok/Pelling??

by monamour020 Online Now Dec 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi I want to visit Gangtok coming this February most probably in Middle or end..So I want to know is it good time to visit there and what would be the condition there roads/snow etc. ?? Also I want few hotel names with contacts near MG Marg(fair rates)...

Thank you,

more
    • Visit Sikkim in February Last Week of February

by ArjunKallawar Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hello Folks, I m planning to visit Sikkim in the last week of February with my wife. We would like to visit monasteries, possibly stay away from the crowded places. We want to sometime alone but with nature. We would like to stay with local families in homely environment. So can you recommend me places that are generally not crowded, offer home stays with local cuisines and that can have small trails in the woods or along the hills. We are planning a trip for 7 days.

more
    • Travelling to Gangtok from Dec 21st to Dec 24th

by laksh_sw Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi,

We have planned for a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling from Dec 21st to Dec 24th,We are a adult of 4 members and 1 child,4 years old.We ll be reaching NJP on Dec 21st morning 07:30am,We have planned to stay in Gangtok until 23rd morning and then leave to Darjeeling and stay in Darjeeling until 24th afternoon and then catch the train at NJP evening at 24th 08:00pm.

more
    • Visit Sikkim in February Last Week of February

by ArjunKallawar Online Now Dec 17, 2014 at 1:34 PM

Hello Folks, I m planning to visit Sikkim in the last week of February with my wife. We would like to visit monasteries, possibly stay away from the crowded places. We want to sometime alone but with nature. We would like to stay with local families in homely environment. So can you recommend me places that are generally not crowded, offer home stays with local cuisines and that can have small trails in the woods or along the hills. We are planning a trip for 7 days.

1 Answer 18 hours ago
    • Middle of February 2015 - Is it good time to visit Gangtok/Pelling??

by monamour020 Online Now Dec 7, 2014 at 9:20 AM

Hi I want to visit Gangtok coming this February most probably in Middle or end..So I want to know is it good time to visit there and what would be the condition there roads/snow etc. ?? Also I want few hotel names with contacts near MG Marg(fair rates)...

Thank you,

• Travelling to Gangtok from Dec 21st to Dec 24th

by laksh_sw Online Now Nov 26, 2014 at 3:15 AM

Hi,

We have planned for a trip to Gangtok and Darjeeling from Dec 21st to Dec 24th,We are a adult of 4 members and 1 child,4 years old.We ll be reaching NJP on Dec 21st morning 07:30am,We have planned to stay in Gangtok until 23rd morning and then leave to Darjeeling and stay in Darjeeling until 24th afternoon and then catch the train at NJP evening at 24th 08:00pm.

2 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • travel itenary

by koolkite_86 Online Now Sep 7, 2014 at 10:55 AM

Good evening guys,

This is my first time i am appreciating this website.
      I am planning my vacation in last week of October with my family. I want to go to Gangtok & Darjeeling . I am planning to book Rajdhani express for the travel. Rest is all clueless. As i am not known to this places before.Please assist me in this .I have few querries.
      1. Where should i go first gangtok or darjeeling ?
      2. How many days are enough for this two places ?
      3. What about sight seeing in this two places?

Please assist me .
      Regards,
      Kapil

5 Answers Dec 6, 2014 at 8:21 PM
    • Is travel to gangtok in September 1st week safe?

by LipsaHans Online Now Aug 23, 2014 at 12:44 PM

Hi Friends
      I ve long planned a holiday to gangtok on September 1st 2014 with hubby n baby. Ld ve landed in bagdogra and taken the road to gangtok. This was basis some feedback tat it ld be totally dry. But now if I am not mistaken it's raining there as per weather reports. Ve read up a lot about sikkim and been waiting to see the place. But am not sure now. Pls does anyone know if there is a fear of landslide in the nest month period? Is it advisable to stick to the plan or sud we reschedule it?

4 Answers Aug 24, 2014 at 1:51 AM
    • JalpeshVakharia's Profile Photo

Nepal border from Bagdogra airport

by JalpeshVakharia Online Now Aug 7, 2014 at 8:14 AM

We are group of 15 travellers visiting Gangtok in 1st week of Oct 14. Upon landing at Bagdogra airport on 2nd Oct 14, we dont want to spend time in travelling to Gangtok and checking in at the hotel in evening.

Can you please advice how far is Nepal border from Bagdogra airport. Quite contraditory information is available in various websites with distance ranging from 25 kms to 527 kms. If Nepal border is quite near (say 25 kms - 50 kms), can you please guide on :
      1. What is visa fee for entry into Nepal - we dont intend to spend more than 1-2 hours there
      2. Any local market that we can visit on the border
      3. Can Visa formalities be done on the border check-post
      4. Any other suggestion you feel would be good for us.

6 Answers Aug 9, 2014 at 11:09 PM
    • Planning to go Gangtok from Kolkata 27/9 to 4/10

by monamour020 Online Now Jul 13, 2014 at 10:36 AM

I'm to going to Gangtok on 27/9/14 from Kolkata and returning to Kolkata on 4/10/14. So i want to know how do i plan my tour so i can travel the most of the places there...?? please tell me where should i stay for how many nights/days and can i go to Gangtok directly from NJP by any shared car or bus?? please help me

7 Answers Jul 21, 2014 at 7:08 AM
    • tour to Gangtok and 4 days at darjeeling

by SanjivPatankar Online Now Jun 3, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hi I am Sanjiv from Mumbai and planning a tour from 7th to 15th June.
      I am reaching Bagdogra on 7th June and will be staying at Gangtok till 11th and move to darjeeling on 11th and will be leaving on 15th afternoon.

Please suggest the site seeing plan. Though the hotel booking is already done I am modify for a day or two.

Please advise.

regards

2 Answers Jun 6, 2014 at 8:26 AM
    • speciality

by vyankatesh Online Now May 13, 2014 at 9:14 AM

what is gangtok famous for or what are its specialities

5 Answers May 14, 2014 at 7:38 AM
    • Can Lachung and Yungtham done in one day from Gangtok?

by BharatT Online Now May 12, 2014 at 11:26 PM

we are going to Gangtok in month of June, for 3 nights and 4 days, can we see Nathula and Lachung in 3 days

4 Answers Dec 8, 2014 at 5:43 AM
    • mayurimohapatra's Profile Photo

Travelling to gangtok in june

by mayurimohapatra Online Now May 12, 2014 at 5:36 AM

Hi,
      my husband and i plan to visit gangtok sometime during mid june.
      what are the activities that we could look forward to(During the day and later in the evening)?

Also, what would the temperature be like?
      The trip may be between 5-7 days. would be great if someone could suggest a list of must do's for this city.

Mayuri

7 Answers May 14, 2014 at 12:36 AM
    • Travelling from Bagdogra airport to gangtok/pellingby budget transport

by Naresh004 Online Now May 6, 2014 at 6:56 AM

Is there SNT bus service or share taxi from airport to gangtok and pelling ? If our plane reaches say at around 5 p.m. can we proceed for Gangtok /pelling at that time ? If not, what's the alternative pl.

5 Answers May 10, 2014 at 4:52 PM
    • JalpeshVakharia's Profile Photo

Gangtok visit - 2nd to 5th Oct

by JalpeshVakharia Online Now Apr 8, 2014 at 11:20 AM

Hi,

We are a group of 14-15 people traveling to Gangtok during 1st week of Oct. Would really appreciate if you can help me clarify some aspects which can help us plan the trip well.

1. Does mid-sized transport vehicles like Tempo Traveller etc ply in this region given tough road conditions ?

2. We are quite keen to visit Tiger Hills during dawn inspite it being bit over-rated. How much would it take to travel from Gangtok to Tiger Hills ?

3. We did check out white water rafting on river Teesta. With winder chipping in during the planned visit month, would this be unduly adventurous ? How far is this place from Gangtok city ?

4. Can we visit Tsangmo lake and Nathu La pass in one go ? Would all the travelers need to carry their passports ? How many hours typically it takes for this visit - approx ? Is getting permit for the pass very challenging ?

Look forward to hear from you.

Regards,
      Jalpesh

3 Answers Apr 9, 2014 at 10:15 PM
    • Travelling to nathula pass with kids in may, is it safe

by mmanisham Online Now Apr 5, 2014 at 6:22 AM

We are a family of 4 adults and 4 kids (aged 14, 10, 6 and 2.5 yrs ) . We are planning for a trip to Gangtok and darjeeling from may 19th (Monday) to 24th (saturday) , we will be reaching njp on 19th morning and have booked a train to kolkatta from njp on 24th night.
      Please help with the itenery and also wanted to know if it is safe to travel to nathula pass with kids.

2 Answers Apr 6, 2014 at 1:58 AM
    • suitable time to visit gangtok

by DattaC Online Now Apr 4, 2014 at 6:24 AM

is it right time to visit gangtok darjeeling & Jalpaiguri in month of may?

5 Answers Apr 8, 2014 at 5:14 AM
    • AnirbanG's Profile Photo

Gangtok sight-seeing

by AnirbanG Online Now Mar 23, 2014 at 10:25 PM

when I will reach gangtok, will I be able to find taxis for gangtok sightseeing ?

4 Answers Mar 31, 2014 at 7:31 AM
    • Gangtok-Darjeeling Mid June

by shamitagarwal1706 Online Now Mar 11, 2014 at 6:38 AM

Hi,

We are planning for a trip to Darjeeling and Gangtok in June End 2014 for 5 adults.

Below is the itenary:
      26th June : Bagdogra arrival at 1:00 PM. Transfer to Darjeeling
      27th June : Darjeeling tour ( Tiger Hills, Joy Ride and other city tour)
      28th June : Darjeeling to Gangtok via Namchi ( Char Dham)
      29th June : Gangtok Tsongo lake and Nathula Pass tour
      30th June : Gangtok local site tour
      1st July : Gangtok to NJP ( Train at 12:15 PM)

Please suggest if this is the right time to visit the place.

Thanks,
      Shamit Agarwal

2 Answers Mar 11, 2014 at 10:50 PM
    • gangtok tour details

by shruthishivanand Online Now Jan 3, 2014 at 6:18 AM

hello

we are 9 adults 2 kids of 1 year and 4 year planning to visit gangtok-pelling-kailmpong-lachen and lachug-nathula pass-tsomog lake-yamthung valley-garudumar lake in the month of april 2nd, so i wanted to know how will the weather be in april.
      as we are carrying 1 year old child, will it be tolerabel cold for the 1 year old child, i kindly appreciate your reply

3 Answers Jan 4, 2014 at 5:08 AM
    • 4-5 days tour of Darjeeling and Sikkim

by pulkitanchalia Online Now Dec 31, 2013 at 11:25 PM

I am planning to visit Darjeeling and Sikkim in the month of April(3 apr-8apr). I know 4-5 days are very less to explorer sikkim but can't do much about it.

Here is my schedule: Day 1(3 April): Reach Bagdogra airport around 1 p.m. then Darjeeling.Evening in Darjeeling. Day 2(4 April): Early morning go to Tiger Hill and also some local sightseeing then head to Pelling. Day 3(5 April): Spend half day in Pelling(i know it is less so will see few places) n leave for Gangtok.
      Day 4(6 April) and Day 5(7 april): Gangtok and nearby places.
      Day 6(8 April): to Bagdogra Airport

Guys what you think? Any suggestions?

4 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 9:31 AM
    • NORTH EAST TOUR

by mrniljal Online Now Dec 11, 2013 at 4:00 AM

WE WANT TO TRAVEL
      DARJEELING, KALIMPONG GANGTOK, PELLING,LAUCHEN,
      LACHEN , SHILLONG CHERRAPUNJEE , DIRANG, KAZIRANGA,IN TH E MONTH OF APRIL 2ND WEEK WE ARE FOUR MEMBERS AFTER REACHING NEW JALPAI GURI WE HAVE 16 DAYS TIMEPLEASE SUGGEST ITINERARY AND BUDGET FROM

2 Answers Dec 30, 2013 at 1:51 AM
    • Gangtok -Darjeeling tour in first week of december

by mousarmah Online Now Nov 29, 2013 at 6:32 AM

We 4 adults are going to Gangtok and Darjeeling on 4th december . Is this a bad time to visit? should we book travel agents before arriving there? suggest some gud economic hotels and travel agencies..what care is to be taken there?

4 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • prajakta.chavan1986's Profile Photo

Visit to Sikkim in February

by prajakta.chavan1986 Online Now Nov 28, 2013 at 4:34 AM

I am planning to visit Sikkim in this coming Feb. Want to visit Gangtok, Lachen and Lachung.
      Please could anyone suggest a good itinerary where all the good places worth visiting are covered and also a rough estimate of the cost of the tour.

I will be going with my husband for 6 days/5 nights.

Please please please suggest.

71 Answers Feb 13, 2014 at 9:52 PM
    • Anasun's Profile Photo

Tavel time from Pelling to Lachung

by Anasun Online Now Nov 26, 2013 at 6:40 AM

Hi
      We are planning a tour of Darjeeling , Pelling , Lachung, Gangtok in May
      1. Is it possible to travel Pelling to Lachung in one day by taxi? Is it via Kalimpong or else?
      What will be the approx. time required
      Please guide

5 Answers Dec 14, 2013 at 9:21 PM
    • Weather in Sikkim

by madsax Online Now Nov 20, 2013 at 11:05 PM

Hi! I am visiting Sikkim between 22nd Nov and 30th Nov. Will be visiting Gangtok, Pelling, Lachung. Would like to visit Nathula pass and Tsomgo lake? Any tips/suggestions?

2 Answers Dec 10, 2013 at 3:06 AM
    • Transport available for Gangtok

by kathuria Online Now Nov 6, 2013 at 10:23 PM

Is there any Govt. Transport from Bagdogra, Siliguri or Jalpaiguri to Gangtok (Sikkim) and what are the charges/fare for that. Kindly reply

5 Answers Nov 8, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • gangtok tour operators

by its.me.soniya Online Now Oct 19, 2013 at 3:15 PM

I and my husband are planning to visit Gangtok in the coming week for 4 days. Could anyone please list the tour operators/hotels with great value for money? Our budget is around 20-25k INR (food +stay +travel) (excludng air fare) for these 4 days.

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 4:27 AM
    • travelling in December

by arunavam10 Online Now Oct 18, 2013 at 8:11 AM

Sir,

I have decided to travel gangtak, Nathula, Lachen, Lachung and Gurudangmar Lake by the last week of december'13 with our family friends. Is it OK to go there at this time? Plz suggest

5 Answers Nov 21, 2013 at 2:56 AM
    • biren.biroo's Profile Photo

darjeeling-gangtok itenerary help -for 28oct-5nov

by biren.biroo Online Now Sep 12, 2013 at 10:30 PM

dear friend(s),

we - me, wife, 14 yr old son - have planned a trip to kolkata and gangtok-darjeeling this diwali. the schedule is -

reaching Siliguri/New Jalpaiguri on 28th oct. 1.30 pm (we were planning to take a cab to Darjeeling or Gangtok immediately - to reach before evening)

need to be at Siliguri on 5th nov., by afternoon 1pm so, 7 full days (and 8 nights) from 28th evening to 5th morning.

questions i have:

1. how long will it take from new jalpaiguri, by road, to darjeeling? to Gangtok? what would be the charges of a car like indica, for this 2 trips (siliguri-gangtok; siliguri-darjeeling)? what would the charges be for darjeeling-gangtok by car?
      2. is there any other travel/transfer alternate, which will not be too time consuming or energy draining?
      3. should we drop Darjeeling and do only Gangtok?
      4. can we do darjeeling for a day? with a night halt?
      5. what is the best we can cover, in and around gangtok?
      6. hotel suggestions for places you suggest, if possible.
      7. transport types and charges for trips.

we are not looking for any trekking, though, something light would be ok. we are not looking for very pricey/costly hotel stays.

hope this information is enough for you to help me.

looking forward to hearing from you.

thank you for your care.

love biren

8 Answers Sep 13, 2013 at 2:36 PM
    • Political issues in North Bengal

by sundayr Online Now Aug 12, 2013 at 12:17 AM

We are planning to go to sikkim in september. will it be safe to travel then?

6 Answers Aug 14, 2013 at 11:18 PM
    • How many persone will allowed in One car?

by sauravbhattachaya Online Now Jun 25, 2013 at 4:19 AM

How many persone will allowed in One car?

3 Answers Jun 26, 2013 at 5:56 AM