Gangtok Travel Answers

change location

Lachung and Yamthang visit

by bkc Online Now Dec 8, 2011 at 3:57 AM

Hi

I along with my wife is planning a trip to Gangtok in April 2012. This is my second visit and this time we are more interested in seeing Lachung and Yamthang.

1. Will there be snow in mid April at these places. How to travel to Lachung and Yamthang from Gangtok. Can one stay for two nights in Yumthang.

2. During Last visit could not go o Changi Lake and Nath La pass as it was snowing there and route was closed. Will there be snow in Changi lake in April.

Thanks
bkc

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Lachung and Yamthang visit

by samrobbins Online Now Dec 8, 2011 at 4:07 AM

TravelGuru is India’s leading travel website, offering you the best deals on hotels, flights and holiday packages across India and the world. Travelguru makes planning and buying a holiday or a business trip easy and convenient.

http://www.travelguru.com/

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • anilpradhanshillong's Profile Photo

Re: Lachung and Yamthang visit

by anilpradhanshillong Online Now Dec 8, 2011 at 4:52 AM

1. It will not snow in April in Changi Lake and in Nathula.

2. Lachung and Yumthang are to the north of Gangtok. You go up to Chungthang where the road bifurcates. You then take the one that goes to Lachung and to Yumthang. However, last September's terible earthquake had destroyed most of the roads in that region. By April next year, the roads may not be fully repaired. Better to check up later next year.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Gangtok