Gangtok Travel Answers

change location

solo trekker - trekking in Sikkim

by tony.gilbert Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 7:33 AM

I am a single traveller visiting Northern India end of April, beginning of May 2011. I am looking to join a trek in Sikkim from about the 6th May for approx. 16 days. Does anyone know of any pre-arranged treks that I could join. My preference would be to trek to Gocha La but am open to alternatives.

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • Donna_in_India's Profile Photo

Re: solo trekker - trekking in Sikkim

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 7:47 AM

Hi - don't know of any pre-arranged treks to recommend but you may want to check out Travel Buddy at www.travbuddy.com to see if anyone is going or would be interested in joining you. Enjoy!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 7:50 AM

• Re: solo trekker - trekking in Sikkim

by tony.gilbert Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 9:11 AM

thanks Donna.

• earthflyer's Profile Photo

by earthflyer Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 2:28 PM

Try and get in touch with the New Modern Central Lodge in Gangtok, Their hotel was in need of repair when I was their back in jan/feb 2006 but they had a travel agent in town which organised treks in Sikkim, this is where most backpackers head first for info.

If Hotel is still run down there is plenty of alternatives that are better with heating, hot water and TV but not much english.

Just tryed this address but looks like it is useless it is newmoderncentral@hotmail.com

I had trouble trying to arrange a trek to Kanchanjunga in Jan/Feb time of 2006 hope you have better chance than I did, but if all fails try an get yourself upto Yumthang Valley it will make up for the dissapointment of not trekking. Sikkim is still worth a visit.

by Donna_in_India Online Now Feb 6, 2011 at 2:35 PM

Earthflyer is definitely an expert in this area. Another place to check is the Sikkim Tourism Office in Gangtok. They helped us arrange a trip to Tsomgo Lake. If they can't help you directly, they'll recommend an agency or someone who can.

• Re: solo trekker - trekking in Sikkim

by tony.gilbert Online Now Feb 8, 2011 at 1:11 AM

thanks - that's really helpful.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Gangtok