Gananoque

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Best places to experience in tobermory

Tobermory Aug 13, 2015 at 7:43 PM

Planning to be in tobermory for a couple of days. Want to experience the flavour of the place. Please advice of any specific must see, must experience and cannot miss spots. Also, looking for recommendations on any specific cottages which have been memorable for the overnight stay.

more
    • Easy/safe way to a good view of grotto

Tobermory Aug 11, 2015 at 10:39 PM

what is safest way to get to the grotto (having senior citizens along with me)?

Need not go into the grotto. Just view from a distance or top.

Thanks!

more
    • Jennyt123's Profile Photo

2 night trip with 3 year old and 4 month old

Algonquin Provincial Park Aug 11, 2015 at 1:04 PM

Looking for suggestion for a good route/lake to go back country with kids. My husband and I are fairly experienced with canoe and portages but this is our first time with kids. Ideally somewhere with good swimming and sandy/beachy sites that you can walk out and swim. Would like to keep the trip out to a site to 4 hours max....little nervous about taking 4 month old out to middle of nowhere.... They should be fine in canoe for an hour or so....hopefully! Any advice/suggestions welcome! We are going in 2 weeks-August 28-30

more
    • walking/hiking trails near Otter Lake

Parry Sound Aug 6, 2015 at 7:35 PM

Where are hiking trails near Otter Lake??

more
    • Kim1966's Profile Photo

Entry to canada

Niagara Falls Aug 27, 2015 at 8:08 AM

Hi we are visiting the falls for a couple of days staying in a hotel on the U.S. Side but want to travel to the Canadian side just for the day,does anyone know what documents we need.
      We are British citizens with esta's.
      Thank you

more
    • Driving from Toronto to Montreal, ideas on where to stop and seeing the thousand islands?

Province of Ontario Aug 19, 2015 at 2:21 PM

Hi all!

I wrote out a long post but when I submitted it said I had to verify my email and I think I lost the text.

Either way, hello! I've been reading VT for a few weeks now and just signed up.

I had a quick question regarding driving from Toronto to Montreal. I am wondering if anyone has experience on taking the scenic route to view the thousand islands. Do I just travel on the 401 highway all the way to Montreal, or do I have to get off somewhere?

Also, it's a 6-7 hr drive. I'm just wondering if anyone recommends stopping somewhere along the way. Kingston looks like a good idea for a walk and a meal to break down the drive, however it seems like it might be a hassle getting into the city as I'm not too confident in my driving in Canada. (I'm from the UK).

I would appreciate any help on this! Thanks all.

more
    • Transport goiing to Niagara falls

Niagara Falls Aug 3, 2015 at 11:28 PM

We are flying into Buffalo airport going to Niagara falls Canada side and was wondering what would be the best transport from the airport? Also what is the procedure when crossing the border into Canada, are you pulled over in your vehicle or do you have to enter a building? Do you know how strict and how long it takes to go through? Thank you :)

more
    • What is the best service station restaurant in the Gananoque area?

by lanvalley Online Now Mar 21, 2015 at 11:53 AM

We stopped at a service station and restaurant in the Gananoque area at a crossroad several months ago on our way through that area and not thinking we would be there again, promptly forgot the name/location. We had the most wonderful food--large portions, great sandwiches and wonderful pies and of course, gasoline. This is a longshot, but can anyone help with name/location suggestions.