Galway Travel Answers

change location

How to get to Galway?

by tregs22 Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 4:34 PM

Hi

I am looking at visiting Galway in the summer but cannot seem to find any flights going from anywhere near where I live. Does anyone know if there are any airlines that fly to Galway from either Southampton or Bournemouth airports? If not these, then any airports near to these?

Thanks

Julie

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • hcosgrave's Profile Photo

Re: How to get to Galway?

by hcosgrave Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 5:27 PM

Hi Julie - I would recommend that you get the Ryanair flight from Bournmouth to Dublin. In June this arrives at 8.15am - you can then take either a direct Citylink or Bus Eireann bus to Galway which should have you in Galway city by lunchtime. You could also go in to the centre of Dublin to get a (more expensive) train to Galway.
    Coming back the flight is at 21.40 which gives you plenty of time to get from the West of Ireland in time to check in at Dublin Airport.

Hope this helps,

Hugh

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • mccalpin's Profile Photo

by mccalpin Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 6:16 PM

Air Arann appears to fly from Galway to London Luton, but that's not all that close to you. Indeed, I think flying to Dublin then busing or training across the country is probably a pretty sensible way to go.

Ryanair does do flights from both Heathrow and Gatwick to Shannon, but I am told by a friend in Galway that it's just as easy to get from Galway to Dublin as to Shannon...indeed, when she flies internationally, it's always out of Dublin.

Have fun!

Bill

• Re: How to get to Galway?

by tregs22 Online Now Jun 1, 2010 at 6:50 PM

Thanks very much to you both =D After looking into flying into Dublin I have found that this would actually be much easier and a lot cheaper!

Thanks again

Julie

• Waoife's Profile Photo

by Waoife Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 2:02 AM

Flybe fly from Southampton to Dublin too :)

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines