Travel Answers
Galveston Island

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Anybody else going on cruise out of Galveston on 06/21?

by CandWDiva Online Now May 12, 2014 at 7:34 PM

We're trying to figure out the most economical way to get four people and a ton of luggage to Galveston from Fort Worth. I can't believe that the rental car places in Galveston aren't open on Sunday!? It's going to cost us a small fortune to piece this thing together.

6 Answers Jun 7, 2014 at 10:49 AM
    • chantill0308's Profile Photo

Best place to eat in Galveston

by chantill0308 Online Now Mar 7, 2014 at 11:34 AM

Where is the best place to eat our last dinner here?

5 Answers Mar 9, 2014 at 4:43 PM
    • Where are campfires allowed?

by godzilla622 Online Now Jan 12, 2010 at 6:50 AM

I've heard that no one really cares if you go down the sea wall by the toll bridge,but I was wondering if there was anywhere that it actually wasn't illegal to have a campfire on the beach (preferably secluded and away from the city lights)?

1 Answer Jan 12, 2010 at 8:08 PM
    • hurricane damage

by katebee Online Now Feb 19, 2009 at 5:40 PM

I have a civil engineer/city planner guest coming in at the end of February, 2009. He wants to see how Galveston and the area coped with IKE. Any suggestions what he can see? Is the Boliver Ferry operating? Are highways 87 and 124 on High Island open? Also I'd like feed him a good fish dinner. Suggestions much appreciated.

4 Answers Feb 21, 2009 at 8:44 PM
    • kellybum's Profile Photo

Texas Trip

by kellybum Online Now Oct 8, 2008 at 12:53 PM

We are visiting Texas from the UK next April. Any tips on whether or not Galveston will be up and running by then? It was to be our last port of call for some "chilling" but after Ike we are unsure what to do

Many thanks

4 Answers Oct 13, 2008 at 7:31 AM