Galveston

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Safe area around Globe Life Stadium?

Arlington Jul 9, 2014 at 8:20 PM

We are coming to watch the Rangers-Yankees later this month with our three young kids. We have never been to the Dallas/Arlington area and I was just wondering if there are any suggestions or concerns regarding the area around the ballparks? I have read a lot of comments about the safety/crime in Arlington but wanted feedback from those who know this area and could provide some travel suggestions. Thanks!

more
    • Souvenir shoo name.

South Padre Island Jul 7, 2014 at 4:24 AM

What is the name of the souvenir shop that has the giant mermaid on the side of the building?

more
    • houston Tx

Houston Jun 30, 2014 at 9:35 PM

hi I am male 48 yrs old...what to wear in Houston Tx next week

more
    • las colinas

Irving Jun 29, 2014 at 5:03 PM

Are there still shops that are open on the canal walkway or have they all closed?

more
    • Waco hotels

Waco Jul 13, 2014 at 12:48 AM

Where would you recommend staying in Waco?

more
    • Heading toDallas next April, where should I stay???

Dallas Jun 26, 2014 at 8:14 AM

I am heading to Dallas in April for a girls weekend. We will be attending the ACM's 50th Anniversary Show at the Cowboy's Stadium. We are wondering where the best place to stay is? We are all in our mid/late 20's. Looking for an area close to some good night life and safe enough to walk around. We have our own vehicle so transportation to and from the stadium is not an issue for us. Should we stay right in Arlington near the stadium or closer to downtown Dallas? Thanks for any help!!!

more
    • Things to do with an older parent

Houston Jun 23, 2014 at 9:30 AM

My mother is coming to visit July 7-15. She is 74 and we are not all that close. I've only been in Houston for 4 years, and I have no idea what to do, or what she would LIKE to do for that matter. On weekdays I will be working, so something during the evening would be best. Any suggestions?

more
    • What to see in the park July 4th weekend

Caddo Lake State Park Jul 2, 2014 at 12:48 PM

We love nature photography are planning a trip to east Texas this coming weekend. We were wondering what the chances of good photo ops would be.

more
    • Galveston June 19th

by celebrate19 Online Now Jun 16, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I've heard it gets wild in Galveston on June 19th. Is it safe to go?

2 Answers Jun 16, 2014 at 6:40 PM
    • chantill0308's Profile Photo

Shopping 6x Souvenir Shirt

by chantill0308 Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 10:45 AM

Where to find a men's 6x souvenir shirt in Galveston? If we need to get one made that is great too. It's locating a blank shirt then. Thanks for any help !

2 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 6:49 PM
    • What should I do?

by HelpingMom Online Now Dec 21, 2013 at 12:31 PM

I am looking for fun places for my children to go to but, I am having a hard time. Do you have any ideas?

1 Answer Dec 21, 2013 at 1:46 PM
    • biking along the shore

by knutmonkey Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 6:37 PM

Is Galveston a bike friendly city? If yes, where is a good (and cheap) place to rent bikes?

3 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:18 AM
    • Visit Galveston

by SLAVACOKOLOV Online Now Sep 24, 2013 at 12:46 AM

Where is better to live in Houston in a SBD or Galleria area? I come Sunday and will be 2 days without a car.

I want to walk around. Where is better to go?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 7:35 AM
    • FROM GALVESTON TO HUOSTON

by SLAVACOKOLOV Online Now Sep 13, 2013 at 7:41 AM

HOW TO GET HUOSTON FROM GALVESTON CRUISE PORT  BY PUBLIC TRANSPORT?  HOW MUCH TAXI?

10 Answers Sep 24, 2013 at 8:27 AM
    • Beach Advisory

by ctrevino Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 5:40 PM

Today is July 24, 2013 and I just heard there is a beach advisory due to bacteria. How big of a concern is this? We love going to beaches and this was to be our first visit to Galveston. Now we are thinking we should reschedule. How BAD is it?

• island transit

by JameyandSandy Online Now Jul 24, 2013 at 1:47 AM

We will be in Galveston for a week, staying at timeshare-Iverness 7600 Seawall. Where/when can we catch the island trolley/bus to go to the Strand and what time does it quit running?

2 Answers Dec 21, 2013 at 12:45 PM
    • Deep sea fishing

by Sweetbasilok Online Now Jul 9, 2013 at 1:45 PM

We will be in Galveston at the end if July-first of August and my son, who is 15 years old, wants to go deep sea fishing. I know it will be cost some but don't know where to even start. He will be the only one (I will tag along) to fish so we will need to find a company that we can join other people on their trip. Any ideas or suggestions are appreciated. Thanks!

2 Answers Jun 5, 2014 at 7:46 AM
    • Jamesr3939's Profile Photo

THINGS TO DO

by Jamesr3939 Online Now Feb 12, 2012 at 4:16 PM

Our airlines just changed our flights out of HOU upon returning from our cruise next month. We now don't leave HOU until 7:00 PM, which leaves us with a lot of time to kill after being kicked off the ship.

We will have a couple of days pre-cruise to explore some of Galveston mostly on the Strand side where we have a hotel.

I was wondering if there is some stuff to do on the port side we could walk or taxi to or should we rent a car and go to Houston for something to do? Any suggestions welcomed.

8 Answers Feb 18, 2012 at 10:43 PM
    • getaway

by dallas&ikemomma Online Now Oct 2, 2011 at 10:54 AM

we are coming the first week in november. wondering if there will be anything special going on. just really coming to relax and enjoy the ocean. just wondering what there might be to do. on a budget

1 Answer Oct 2, 2011 at 1:45 PM
    • frustrated

by lynnemul00 Online Now May 22, 2011 at 5:40 AM

We are booked to cruise on the 2nd june 2011 and cannot find travel from George Bush airport to Galveston Island,where we plan to stay for three days before cruising. This has already put me off Galveston before we even get there. We will be staying on 63rd street,three miles from port of Galveston. I cannot believe hire car companies are either closed on sat,sun or fully booked in such a large country. Shuttle service does not seem to pick up at the time our flight gets in,8.45pm. Help !!!!! Please.....

4 Answers May 22, 2011 at 7:56 AM
    • Houston to Galveston

by canadagirl8 Online Now Mar 10, 2011 at 2:52 PM

We will be arriving at Bush airport later in the day and want to go to Galveston for the next day so we are looking for ideas on a nice area we can stop on the way to Galveston and have dinner and stay in a hotel overnight.We have never been to Houston and are concerned about looking for places in the dark- we are not going to get to Galveston before dark and are concerned about crime.
      Please give us the best and safest route to take and where to go- also, ideas for where to stay in Galveston- we're on a long weekend trip in April.

2 Answers Mar 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM
    • Beach.

by khanhlinhdat Online Now May 12, 2010 at 7:59 PM

We plan to travel to galveston in June, because the oil spill at the gulf, can anybody live down there tell me how is the beach, anh the beach is swim able, we travel with 3 small kids, how is the weather, any good clean or private beach. thanks.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2011 at 5:49 PM
    • Galveston Cruise Ship Pier

by Hummingbirds Online Now Jan 2, 2009 at 6:50 PM

Are there Hotels near the Cruise Ship Pier ? If so does anyone know the names? Also how far is the Airport from the pier?

2 Answers Jan 15, 2009 at 12:01 PM
    • kellybum's Profile Photo

Are we up and running?

by kellybum Online Now Nov 7, 2008 at 11:52 AM

Hello

We are planning a trip to Texas next April and wondered how the clean up operation is coming along in Galveston. Galveston would be our last stop for 4 days of "chilling". I know Bob that our tourist dollars would be welcome.

Thanks
      Ann, Dave and Alex Russell (UK)

2 Answers Feb 21, 2009 at 6:24 PM
    • Galveston Pier to Houston Airport or Austin

by candelle Online Now Oct 1, 2008 at 7:49 AM

Hi

We are looking at a cruise coming into Galveston.

I can't find any transport between the above cities and have read on VT that car rental companies are not keen to lend one-way on this route.

Would anyone know if there is anything out there that we don't know about, i.e. bus/coach etc?

I do have a relative in Austin but she drove us down to Galveston before and we feel unable to ask a second time!

We would be really grateful for any advice.

Many thanks

5 Answers Oct 2, 2008 at 9:02 AM
    • Lived in Galveston for 20 years - know the hidden places

by fun2sun Online Now Aug 19, 2008 at 4:27 PM

If you have a questions email me. I live in Austin now. Yet worked in hotels, managed hotels in Galveston for 20 years. I know the city - ask me about food, accommodations and I can tell you. Ask me where it is safe and not safe I can tell you -

You can have fun in Galveston -

1 Answer Aug 19, 2008 at 5:46 PM

by ciege_2010 Online Now Jun 16, 2008 at 7:27 PM

do you have to be 21 to enter the "Music Scene"

1 Answer Jun 26, 2008 at 7:23 AM
    • Crime

by kimmitt Online Now May 8, 2008 at 5:48 PM

Would it be safe for me and my 7 year old son to go to the beach. First time to Texas well at least galveston. Or is there anything to really worry about

4 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 4:42 PM
    • One Nighter

by kingsmen Online Now Feb 14, 2008 at 4:28 AM

Going to be in Galveston next week for one night, best location (hotel) to hit the many nightlife spots on the island. Want to be able to walk. Is Galveston more fun than a nighter in Houston???

2 Answers Feb 14, 2008 at 11:02 AM
    • Shade on the beach

by jessin Online Now Jun 21, 2007 at 4:16 PM

Does anyone know if you can bring your own sun cabana and beach chairs to Stewart Beach? We have small children and would like to keep them out of the sun as much as possible. Thanks.

1 Answer Jun 21, 2007 at 5:58 PM
    • Houston to Galveston

by steggs1 Online Now May 3, 2007 at 6:17 AM

I fly into Houston International Airport from the UK and need to get my family of 6 to Galveston for a Cruise. Is there public transport? It would appear that Car hire companies don't do drop off's in Galveston? Can anybody advise. Many Thanks

3 Answers May 4, 2007 at 9:07 AM
    • camp grounds

by daileyjoy Online Now Mar 11, 2007 at 12:39 PM

I need a camping area with bath and/or shower accomadations.

1 Answer Mar 13, 2007 at 2:50 PM
    • Galveston Beachs....Dirty?

by bcsod4 Online Now Feb 5, 2007 at 9:56 PM

I currently live in Missouri but, I am planning to move to Galveston over the summer. I have read many reviews about Galveston having dirty beachs, with muckey water. I have also read several reviews stating that this is not true or that the beach is clean during the summer. Please help this is a major factor in my move...

4 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 5:23 PM
    • madmark73's Profile Photo

transport

by madmark73 Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 7:57 PM

Hi All,

just after teh best way to get from George Bush International to Galveston. Prefer not to hire a car if I don't need to.

Cheers,
      Mark

• LornaMoravec's Profile Photo

The Basement of the Alamo

by LornaMoravec Online Now Dec 28, 2006 at 12:15 PM

The title is a joke from "PeeWee's Big Adventure," but what I want to do is to visit the basements of some of the old stone or brick houses in Galveston, perhaps some of the ones that are open to tourists for a fee. I would like to see the basements and learn the history of the heating systems in these old houses, and the history of heating on Galveston Island. I would also like to know of any periods in the past hundred years when any of these old houses were vacant and liable to going down-hill.
      This reminds me of the history of the Battleship Texas, which I have looked into extensively. It holds the same fascination.

1 Answer Dec 29, 2006 at 9:27 AM
    • george bush international airport to galveston

by musaphir Online Now Nov 24, 2006 at 11:28 AM

hi
      can any experiened driver please give us detailed driving instructions from the george bush international airport houston to san luis condominiums in galveston, 5222 seawall boulevard. we may have to drive after sunset hours. are there any pitfalls to be avoided.

it would also help us to know if there is any transit service from galveston to down town houston and vice versa.

galveston has been described as a city steeped in history - what are the main historical features.
      regards
      musaphir

1 Answer Nov 24, 2006 at 2:42 PM
    • Fort San Jacinto

by tipo_60 Online Now Jun 29, 2006 at 8:37 AM

Can you get out to anything out there or is it blocked off?

1 Answer Jun 29, 2006 at 2:13 PM
    • day trips from galveston

by musaphir Online Now Mar 25, 2006 at 8:47 PM

Hi
      i am planning a visit to galveston with my wife about mid april.based in galveston we feel we should some day trips to houston or texas city. are such options viable?

we need to know what would be economically mode of travel (other than car rental). do please let us know if gets hot in galveston by mid april.
      musaphir

5 Answers Apr 8, 2006 at 3:06 PM