Galveston Travel Answers

change location

Houston to Galveston

by steggs1 Online Now May 3, 2007 at 6:17 AM

I fly into Houston International Airport from the UK and need to get my family of 6 to Galveston for a Cruise. Is there public transport? It would appear that Car hire companies don't do drop off's in Galveston? Can anybody advise. Many Thanks

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Houston to Galveston

by DSwede Online Now May 3, 2007 at 1:49 PM

utmbhealthcare.org/visitorin...
    This gives a list of taxi's and buses that connect between Houston and Galveston. Try contacting one of them directly.

Entering 6 adults into the limo/shuttle reservation search, found380 roundtrip for all 6 people.
    galveston.com/transportation...

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Houston to Galveston

by steggs1 Online Now May 4, 2007 at 5:16 AM

Many Thanks i will look into this. I really wanted a car hire company that accept drop offs in Galveston the major CarHire companies dont seem to want to know?
    Kind regards from the UK

• DSwede's Profile Photo

Re: Houston to Galveston

by DSwede Online Now May 4, 2007 at 9:07 AM

If you contact the rental companies by phone and speak with a live person, you may get a different story than what is posted on their web pages.

But typically rental car agencies only do one-way rentals if there is an airport nearby. Otherwise over time, they inventory of cars might go out of balance.

Some companies will allow you a one-way rental, if you pay a relocation fee for the car. Basically the cost for one of them to go down and pick it up.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines