Gallipoli

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• how to get to Positano

by eugeniof Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Is there a viable route and mode of transportation to travel from Gallipoli to Positano? If so what is it and how does it run, times ,points of departure etc.?

more
    • how to get to Positano

by eugeniof Online Now Jun 17, 2014 at 2:23 PM

Is there a viable route and mode of transportation to travel from Gallipoli to Positano? If so what is it and how does it run, times ,points of departure etc.?

1 Answer Jun 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM
    • Gallipoli peninsula

by Pammieg Online Now May 20, 2014 at 9:25 PM

If I was staying in the town of Gelibolu on the peninsula, how long would it take to travel to anzac cove and what is the distance, thanks

• stranded in Eceabat

by olivegroves Online Now Aug 27, 2008 at 8:47 AM

the half day trip to gallipoli from cannakkal cost 60 dollars. so i thought i would get a early ferry across to Eceabat (2dollars )then bus to kabatepe( one dollar) and walk to anzac cove on a early start . after catching the 8 am ferry and arriving at 8.30 in Eceabat. the Eceabat bus was waiting so i leapt aboard eager to begin.
      2 hours later i was still waiting for the bus to leave.there were 3 other passengers aboard.so we waited for the 9 am ferry to leave cannakele. at 9.30 am it arrived and still not enough passengers so we waited for the next ferry. by this time it was too late to travel so i jumped aboard and went back. is there any other way of getting to anzac cove cheaply?

1 Answer Aug 27, 2008 at 9:49 AM
    • curmo's Profile Photo

Trip to the Battlefield

by curmo Online Now Oct 27, 2006 at 11:04 AM

Every year my friend and I visit a different battlefield. We have travelled to some fascinating places and made some great friends. In 2007 we want to spend a week in Gallipoli. We prefer to travel independently. How easy is for two UK nationals top get to the peninsula, find a hotel and travel around? Is car hire feasible? Any advice would be appreciated. Phil Curme(www.walkingthebattlefields.com).

8 Answers Oct 30, 2006 at 8:37 AM
    • Cannakale to Kusadasi

by tibi71 Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 4:04 AM

Hi! I'm a VT member from Romania and I'll have a trip through Turkey during the month of August. We'll be traveling by car from Cannakale to Kusadasi, on the coast. Would be very much appreciated if someone could reccomend any places on the way that would worth a quick stop. Places such historical sites, traditional villages, or sight-view places. Also, we'll be staying in Kusadasi for 7 days and we're thinking of going around to some "off the beaten path" special places such isolated beaches, cristal clear water places for snorkeling, in other words that kind of nice places that not everybody is aware of. We are young (around 33) and looking after getting the best out of this trip. In return I can provide similar information from Romania. Also, we might consider paying a guide, but please notice that we are not rich or extravagant people. Thank you in advance, Tibi

1 Answer Jul 27, 2004 at 4:33 AM
    • One night stay in Cannakale

by tibi71 Online Now Jul 22, 2004 at 3:36 AM

Hi, I'll be traveling by car through Cannakale in August on the way to Kusadasi. I'm looking for one night stay in Cannakale on August 20. Could anyone reccomend any nice and clean place to stay for 4 adults over the night within the area? Sea shore view would be perfect. Thanks in advance, Tibi

2 Answers Jul 22, 2004 at 6:34 AM
    • wombles's Profile Photo

ANZAC day trip

by wombles Online Now Mar 21, 2004 at 7:56 PM

I would just like some opinions about what is the best way to experience ANZAC day at Gallipoli? I am Australian and don't want to spend much time in Turkey as I have other places I need to go during my shortish holiday but would like to make it to Gallipoli. Some tours say that camping out at the dawn service site is the way to go - others seems to arrive there early morning (eg 2am). Any thoughts on this? I also don't wan to spend too much money. Thanks in advance

• gnome79's Profile Photo

Best way to go?

by gnome79 Online Now Jan 18, 2004 at 7:56 AM

My friend and I are headed to Turkey for Anzac day, and plan to do a little more than that as well. We've looked at various tours, but would prefer to go independantly. Does anyone know of a good bus / train deal that gives you a weeks travel for fairly cheap? It would have to be able to get us to Gallipoli and around that area for that day. Fez looked decent, but starts too late. We land in Istanbul on the 21st of April. Help! Also, anyone who can recommend good travel spots, it's be appreciated! Thanks a lot!

4 Answers Jan 27, 2004 at 12:35 PM
    • Gallipoli

by nigebolt Online Now Jun 11, 2003 at 1:56 AM

Best way of getting from south of turkey to Gallipoli area?

1 Answer Jun 16, 2003 at 4:35 AM