Gallipoli Travel Answers

change location

Cannakale to Kusadasi

by tibi71 Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 4:04 AM

Hi! I'm a VT member from Romania and I'll have a trip through Turkey during the month of August. We'll be traveling by car from Cannakale to Kusadasi, on the coast. Would be very much appreciated if someone could reccomend any places on the way that would worth a quick stop. Places such historical sites, traditional villages, or sight-view places. Also, we'll be staying in Kusadasi for 7 days and we're thinking of going around to some "off the beaten path" special places such isolated beaches, cristal clear water places for snorkeling, in other words that kind of nice places that not everybody is aware of. We are young (around 33) and looking after getting the best out of this trip. In return I can provide similar information from Romania. Also, we might consider paying a guide, but please notice that we are not rich or extravagant people. Thank you in advance, Tibi

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: Cannakale to Kusadasi

by mehbos37 Online Now Jul 27, 2004 at 4:33 AM

Merhaba, I guess you have some basic idea about your route and I will put some more to that hopefully.. In fact I know Izmir and south of Izmir very well,but never been to Gallipoli (Gelibolu )..On your route from Gallipoli to south you may visit ancient TROY ,Ayvalik(a very nice town with a Greek taste) and BERGAMA . While passing Izmir maybe you can detour to CESME and ALACATI .They are very packed with fancy clubs and restaurants but the sea is perfect and free of charge...You may explore many secluded bays when you look around.Lots of nice motels in ALACATI for prices like 60 USD for double room..It is the 3rd best spot for surfing in the world.. And I think you know abaut the EPHESUS which is 15 km from Kusadasi..I strongly recommend SIRINCE village ..It is a 200O years old village founded by Ephesians escaped from the enemy..It has a 8 km distance from the town SELCUK and very famous with wines... Enjoy your trip! Mehmet

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines