Gallipoli

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Hiking around Pale di San Martino

Dolomiti Feb 2, 2016 at 11:33 AM

Hi - We're planning a few days' hike in the Dolomites, in Pale di San Martino, and I did help planning it.... I did a lovely hike about 20 years ago - but I can't remember the details... I know at least a par of it was part of the Alte Via 2. I started with the cable car from San Martino to Rosetta hut, then walked about 3 hours to another hut, stayed the night there, and continued next day to another hut, from there came down and found my way back to San Martino... I'm almost sure the first hut was Pradidali, but I have no idea which was the second one... I would like to do something similar this year - in July - but need more info about trails and huts. Any suggestion for a trek that starts with this cable car, then has about 3-4 hours of walking to the next hut where we can spend the night, and from which we can continue to another trail of 3-4 hours to another hut - from which we can walk back to San Martino - will be very much appreciated. Another option is to stay 2 nights in the same mountain hut - and doing a day walk in between.

So I need advice on -

Option A: San Martino - cable car - Rosetta - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep uphill) to - Rifugio 1 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep uphill) to - Rifugio 2 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep downhill) , back to - San Martino

Option B: San Martino - cable car - Rosetta - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep uphill) to - Rifugio 1 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep) back to Rifugio 1 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep downhill) , back to - San Martino Thanks a lot in advance, Ana.

more
    • Travelling around the Lido venice

Lido Jan 13, 2016 at 10:30 AM

Hi, we are planning to rent an apartment at the southern end of the lido. Our Flight back is at 1100h, and we are trying to explore the alternatives to get to the Vaparretto / Alilaguna stop at lido S.M.E early in the morning.

more
    • car rental return near Trento train station

Trento Yesterday

I am renting a car in Milan and would like to drop off at the Trento train station. I can't find any information on what rental return is near the train station. Is there one nearby?

more
    • Beaches in Intra

Intra Jan 20, 2016 at 5:16 AM

Please could you let us know if there are good beaches in Intra, Lake Maggiore, as we plan to visit in the summer.

Thanks Simon

more
    • Rental car Sardinia --> Corsica posisble?

Sardegna Jan 17, 2016 at 12:40 PM

Hi,

We are planning 3 weeks for Sardinia. As this is a bit long, we wish to combine it with Corsica. Idea is to fly into Corsica and out of Sardinia (or vice versa). But can anyone please advice on the most logical thing to do with the rental car? Can we collect in Sardina and hand in in Corsica, to save the travel back time and ferry costs?

For short: travel-time is June '16, family of 4 (2 kids of 2 and 4 yrs), have own car-seats with us.

Thanks guys!

Robin.

more
    • Architecture Biennale 2016

Venice Jan 14, 2016 at 5:17 PM

I am headed to Venice in September, mainly for the Architecture Biennale. I'm staying for a couple of weeks in an apertment near the Frari.

Any suggestions for specific Biennale things would be most welcome.

more
    • Bus service from Catania to Taormina in April?

Sicilia Jan 9, 2016 at 1:52 PM

I am planning a trip to Sicily in April... does anyone know how often the bus runs from Catania airport to Taormina? Thanks in advance. It will be mid-afternoon when I arrive.

more
    • cooking classes

Modena Feb 2, 2016 at 3:11 PM

are there cooking schools for tourists in modena

more
    • Easter Sunday Dinner - recommendations

Rome Jan 18, 2016 at 11:33 AM

We will be in Rome for Easter this year, any recommendations on a "reasonably" priced Easter Dinner after Mass?
      Trattoria would be preferred.
      Also, looking for a smaller church for Mass on Sunday?
      We will be staying near Barberini station, but, have no problem travelling in Rome!

more
    • Car rentals in Benevento

Benevento Jan 18, 2016 at 11:29 AM

We need a car for a couple of days in March, found Hertz right in Benevento but the price is a little outrageous compared to other areas of Campagnia. Are there any other options in Benevento?
      Thanks

D

more
    • travel on Good Friday

Trapani Jan 10, 2016 at 2:22 PM

We are arriving in Palermo airport at 21.05 on thursday just before Easter, I think this is too late to travel to Trapani, but is there public transport on Good Friday?

then we would still be in Trapani for the Good Friday parade

thankyou!

more
    • Ferry to train

Ancona Feb 2, 2016 at 3:39 PM

We are traveling on the ferry from split arriving 7 a.m. in Ancona on July 15. We are taking the train to Rome for an evening flight that day. How much time do we need to get from the ferry terminal to on board the train to Rome? Thank you

more
    • Trekking in Pale di San Martino

San Martino di Castrozza Feb 1, 2016 at 11:10 AM

Hi -

We're planning a few days' hike in the Dolomites, in Pale di San Martino, and I did help planning it....

I did a lovely hike about 20 years ago - but I can't remember the details... I know at least a par of it was part of the Alte Via 2. I started with the cable car from San Martino to Rosetta hut, then walked about 3 hours to another hut, stayed the night there, and continued next day to another hut, from there came down and found my way back to San Martino... I'm almost sure the first hut was Pradidali, but I have no idea which was the second one... I would like to do something similar this year - in July - but need more info about trails and huts.

Any suggestion for a trek that starts with this cable car, then has about 3-4 hours of walking to the next hut where we can spend the night, and from which we can continue to another trail of 3-4 hours to another hut - from which we can walk back to San Martino - will be very much appreciated. Another option is to stay 2 nights in the same mountain hut - and doing a day walk in between.

So I need advice on -

Option A: San Martino - cable car - Rosetta - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep uphill) to - Rifugio 1 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep uphill) to - Rifugio 2 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep downhill) , back to - San Martino

Option B: San Martino - cable car - Rosetta - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep uphill) to - Rifugio 1 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep)  back to  Rifugio 1 - trail for a 3-4 hours walk (preferably not too steep downhill) , back to - San Martino

Thanks a lot in advance,

Ana.

more
    • Allan56's Profile Photo

Best transport

Sorrento Jan 29, 2016 at 10:29 AM

We are travelling from Rome to Sorrento in August. Any advice on the best way to get there ? It looks like fly Naples then bus Sorrento

more
    • Hostels in La Spezia

La Spezia Jan 21, 2016 at 2:18 AM

Do you have any hostel recommendations in La Spezia? Preferably centrally located. (lonely traveler)

more
    • Movewcj's Profile Photo

Florence to Montepulciano to Venice? How best to travel to each destination

Italy Jan 19, 2016 at 11:19 AM

I want to fly into Florence stay 2 nights and ultimately spend most of my time in Montepulciano before heading for 2 nights in Venice. Is it best to drive from Florence to Montepulciano and then to Venice or to take the train or combination of both? If rent a car, is it best to hire a driver?

Thanks

more
    • cmcard2's Profile Photo

Where to stay

Lucca Jan 8, 2016 at 1:37 AM

Looking for a nice hotel, bed and breakfast, agriturismo near or in Lucca

more
    • visiting in early november

Ravenna Feb 1, 2016 at 12:26 PM

I want to visit Ravenna in early november. Do you think that it is a good time to visit the city?

more
    • Weather /road conditions November

Italy Jan 16, 2016 at 3:21 PM

Thinking of taking a break in November to Italy - we've done Florence/Rome/Venice but are a little concerned about the road conditions given that there are a lot of mountainous roads. Suggestions please from people who have driven in Italy at this time of the year. Weather looks good in Sicily at this time of the year.

more
    • Early travel to pisa

Vernazza Feb 1, 2016 at 11:33 AM

What are the options for getting to Pisa for 6:50am flight from vernassa in june

more
    • aussolo's Profile Photo

hiking in western liguria

Loano Jan 9, 2016 at 11:30 PM

I am trying to decided on a town in western liguria between loano and imperia to spend 10 days. A place for a lot of hiking and of course close to the beach. I am also trying to find a website where I can look at hiking trails in the area. Any information would be appreciated.

more
    • Does the Vernazza train station have lockers to store some luggage?

Vernazza 12 hours ago

Does the Vernazza train station have lockers to store some luggage?

more
    • 1 week in Tuscany / Le Marche

Le Marche Yesterday

Hey there.

My wife and I are celebrating our 1st Anniversary with 1 week in Italy. Apr 6 - 13th. Flying in and out of Florence. 24hr layover in Amsterdam. :-)

We've been to Venice, Rome, Cinque Terre, Naples and Sicily before but not the Tuscany region.

We're both early 30s, quiet and will be renting a car in Florence. We're thinking a couple days in Florence then rent the car and explore Tuscany.

We'd love to visit San Marino (just love those tiny countries), see some of Le Marche (up for suggestions) and then just explore the hillside towns throughout Tuscany. She wants to stop at a vinyard or two and I'd love to taste some amazing olive oil + focaccia bread (my fav!).

Any suggestions that pop to mind, please let me know. We haven't even really started looking into this yet.. in the middle of a move and other things.

Thanks!

more
    • Wineries around Orvieto

Orvieto Feb 3, 2016 at 6:00 AM

Are there close, good wineries to Orvieto city center? We want to take a taxi or hire a driver to visit some wineries in the Umbria/Tuscany area 5/15/16.

more
    • tesoro77's Profile Photo

Day trip from Venice, Italy

Cremona Jan 21, 2016 at 6:17 PM

Hi fellas :-)
      Hope you will help me, as you always do. I could not find it on the net, or rather - what I am finding so far - train from Santa Lucia station in Venice takes around five hours one way. Any other recommendations from those who done it or those who live in the area? I will be in Venice April 3 through April 9. Since it is my eleventh visit to Venice, I could spare one day and leave my beloved Serenisima to visit Cremona. Is it possible/feasible? leaving Venice in the morning and coming back by night time, having at least three hours for Cremona? Kinda seems impossible, but let's try...
      Thank you :-))

more