Travel Answers
Galle

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Express A.C. bus from Galle to Colombo airport?

by Chris-Carmen Online Now Dec 6, 2013 at 7:32 AM

is there an express A.C. bus that goes from Galle directly to the international airport near Colombo? If not, what about express A.C. buses from Galle to Colombo itself?
      thanks

3 Answers Dec 6, 2013 at 8:18 PM
    • Hapugala's Profile Photo

Nightlife in Galle

by Hapugala Online Now Dec 4, 2013 at 7:47 AM

Any nightclubs in galle

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 9:44 AM
    • RavynN's Profile Photo

developement in galle

by RavynN Online Now Oct 20, 2013 at 8:48 AM

how has Galle fort and city developed after post tsunami and war periods ?

2 Answers Oct 20, 2013 at 8:32 PM
    • EnkhchimegL's Profile Photo

city bus to colombo

by EnkhchimegL Online Now Jul 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM

where do catch the bus to colomo from galle

4 Answers Jul 29, 2013 at 1:16 AM
    • koggala

by navmatl Online Now Jul 11, 2013 at 1:28 AM

What are the things that I can do in Koggala?
      Are there places close to Koggala that I should not miss seeing?
      Are there cooking classes I can take nearby for authentic Sri Lankan dishes?

5 Answers Jul 11, 2013 at 4:01 AM
    • Omstidom's Profile Photo

Hotels near the cricket ground

by Omstidom Online Now Apr 2, 2007 at 12:57 PM

Can anyone out there recommend a hotel close to the cricket ground in Galle? Happy to spend up to USD 120/ night. All suggestions much appreciated. Cheers.

4 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 10:16 PM
    • darrensunley's Profile Photo

Kandy ?? Columbo ?? Or both ?? Or none ??

by darrensunley Online Now Aug 17, 2006 at 9:58 AM

Hi,

I'm due to be coming to Galle as part of a 2 week Tsunami Rebuilding volunteer trip in the second half of October. I've been told that most people take the middle weekend of the trip off to do some sightseeing and after doing some research the obvious trips appear to be Columbo and Kandy.

I guess my first question is ... as they appear to be a reasonable distance away from Galle then are they worth the time/effort to get there ??

If they are then can anyone recommend any must-see sights and/or also recommend the best ways to get there ?? How long does it take by train and by car/bus ??

Based on the fact that my flight is in and out of Columbo, should I try to give the middle weekend sightseeing a miss and instead head back up to Columbo from the middle of the second week and then see Columbo/Kandy from there then go straight to the airport to fly out ??

If these places are worth seeing can anyone recommend any decent, middle-of-the-road accommodation that is nice and not too expensive (although it doesn't necessarily have to be dirt cheap either) ??

My final question is whether you think it is worth going to the Pinnawela Elephant Orphanage as opposed to the Udawalawe elephant transit home ?? Or are they both worth seeing ?? Again, its just a travel thing and as I understand it the latter is much nearer to Galle ...

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers !!

Cheers,
      Darren

5 Answers Aug 22, 2006 at 9:17 AM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Accomodation in galle

by alycat Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 7:41 AM

I am a budget traveler, used to traveling in a group, but i will be travelin alone this time round and wanted to know bout cheap accomodation in Galle, something close to the beach for 2 to 3 days. Im willing to shell out 5 to 10 dollars for a day, and by cheap i dont mean a junkyard, like maybe Im looking for a good deal here. Or do any locals offer cheap and neat accomodation. Something i can book in advance before reaching Colombo and dont get looted by agents. I have an open ticket and might travel in August or december!!

I asked a Sri Lankan VT'er the same question but unfortunely he is too busy. All replies will be really appreciated thnx in advance.

3 Answers Sep 4, 2011 at 10:29 PM
    • alycat's Profile Photo

Accomodation in galle

by alycat Online Now Mar 29, 2005 at 7:40 AM

I am a budget traveler, used to traveling in a group, but i will be travelin alone this time round and wanted to know bout cheap accomodation in Galle, something close to the beach. Im willing to shell out 5 to 10 dollars for a day, and by cheap i dont mean a junkyard, like maybe Im looking for a good deal here. Or do any locals offer cheap and neat accomodation. Something i can book in advance before reaching Colombo and dont get looted by agents. I have an open ticket and might travel in August or december!!

I asked a Sri Lankan VT'er the same question but unfortunely he is too busy. All replies will be really appreciated thnx in advance.

1 Answer Mar 31, 2005 at 8:22 PM
    • Morris Minor Factory

by Rogietlegs Online Now Jun 17, 2004 at 12:52 AM

My husband and I are arriving in Bentota in a weeks time. We would love to visit the Morris Minor factory which I believe is just outside Galle. Can anyone tell me exactly where it is and how to get to it and do they allow visitors?

2 Answers Jun 17, 2004 at 6:35 AM