Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• shunra's Profile Photo

A scenic route from Santiago eastward

Santiago de Compostela Apr 16, 2014 at 11:48 AM

Hello everybody,
      In September we'll make a road trip from Toulouse to Santiago de Compostela, driving roughly along the Camino Aragonés / Camino Francés (Pamplona – Logroño – Burgos – Leon etc).
      Now the question is, how shall we return to Toulouse. We'll probably be fed up with architectural masterpieces. We'll rather be looking for the most beautiful natural scenery.
      Could anybody suggest a route to take?
      Thanks a lot in advance!

7 Answers Apr 17, 2014 at 1:40 AM
    • Transportation

Santiago de Compostela Apr 11, 2014 at 9:46 AM

How is the least expensive way to get to Saria from Santiago de compostela airport. Who can I contact to make arrangements.

4 Answers Apr 11, 2014 at 11:18 AM
    • TRAVEL IN VALENCIA

Valencia Apr 9, 2014 at 3:38 AM

HOW I CAN GO IN YOUTH HOSTEL LOCATED IN THE VALENCIA CITY FROM THE AIRPORT IN THE NIGHT

1 Answer Apr 9, 2014 at 6:31 AM
    • bus from Santiago to Oporto

Santiago de Compostela Apr 3, 2014 at 10:20 AM

I need to travel from Santiago de Compostela to Oporto,Portugal. Which bus do I take and where is it located in the city?

2 Answers Apr 3, 2014 at 11:15 AM
    • Geographic question

Vigo Mar 16, 2014 at 4:48 PM

is the town a walkable distance from the cruise port or is it advisable that I take one of those expensive excursions from the ship? Also what is a "don't miss"experience in vigo?

3 Answers Mar 17, 2014 at 1:15 PM
    • debdono7's Profile Photo

where to stay

Galicia Mar 10, 2014 at 3:33 PM

Hello all, My husband and I are visiting Galicia for the first time in early July. We arrive in Santiago from Dublin and will stay there one night. We will leave from Porto 5 days later and will spend our last night there. Unfortunately we don't have that much time. We will be renting a car and hope to make the most of our travels without rushing. We look forward to enjoying some time on the coast and prefer small towns to a bigger city such as Vigo. The town of Combados was suggested and wineries in that are- Fefinanes. We look forward to experiencing the people, the culture, the wine and wonderful food. Please advise where you may recommend to stay for the 3 middle nights and any other suggestions are welcome as well.

7 Answers Mar 12, 2014 at 5:50 AM
    • Any bus or train from Santiago de Compostela?

Abelleira Feb 6, 2014 at 2:33 PM

I will be staying at a farm house in Abelleira, Spain, in June, after I've completed the pilgrim walk to Santiago de Compostela. Is there any bus or train service to Abelleira? If not, what would be the nearest town that is serviced, and how would I go from this serviced town to Abelleira (by taxi)?
      Thank you!

4 Answers Feb 7, 2014 at 11:29 AM
    • Elgreco77's Profile Photo

Porto to Vigo

Vigo Feb 6, 2014 at 2:08 AM

We arrive in Porto in early June and stay 2 nights there before taking the train to Vigo and then Santiago. We understand that we can't prebook the train. We would like to be absolutely certain of catching it as it's essential to our plans. We will have a spare day before we catch it and can go and book then. Does the train tend to get full? We are both senior citizens and want to purchase tarjetas doradas on arrival. Can we purchase them in Porto or just in Spain?
      Finally, we have 3 nights in Santiago and 3 in La Coruna, we plan to hire a car there and visit some of the more remote places. We then have 3 more nights before returning to Porto. I'm torn between Pontevedra or Vigo, or both. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance

15 Answers Mar 15, 2014 at 4:17 AM
    • Day trip to Finisterra

Santiago de Compostela Jan 21, 2014 at 1:53 PM

Are there bus tour day trips from Santiago to Finisterra? Any recommendations for a good, reasonably priced tour company?

7 Answers Jan 22, 2014 at 6:34 AM
    • Dmroman125's Profile Photo

computer surge proctector

Santiago de Compostela Jan 15, 2014 at 10:48 AM

where can I buy a power surge protector for my computer in Santiago De Compostela

5 Answers Jan 15, 2014 at 9:08 PM
    • Easy Routes to Santiago

Santiago de Compostela Jan 1, 2014 at 2:14 AM

What is the most level route to Santiago?

5 Answers Jan 1, 2014 at 7:17 AM
    • bus transport

Coruña Dec 13, 2013 at 4:24 AM

catch a bus from bus depot La Coruna to Santiago airport, what bus to catch and times and dates are and price

3 Answers Dec 13, 2013 at 11:01 AM
    • Good gyms in Vigo?

Vigo Dec 8, 2013 at 9:54 AM

I'm wondering if there are any good gyms in Vigo with squat racks and barbells. A quick google search showed a bunch of "gyms" with nothing but machines. I train in weight lifting and I would hate to have to stop during my semester abroad.

3 Answers Dec 12, 2013 at 4:34 AM
    • tesoro77's Profile Photo

Corrida season for 2014

Valencia Dec 4, 2013 at 3:00 PM

Greetings to Valencianos:
      I am planning to visit Valencia, Madrid and Salamanca in 2014. I need to know what the dates are for the bullfight season in VALENCIA for 2014. I missed it by a few days in Malaga in 2012 and this time I will plan my trip according to the corrida schedule. I could not find this particular info anywhere and I hope that locals or frequent visitors would help. Thank you. I understand Spanish so it's OK if you give your answer in Spanish.

2 Answers Dec 4, 2013 at 3:36 PM
    • accommodation in the centre of Santiago de Compostela

Compostela Nov 23, 2013 at 7:01 AM

Hello. I plan to visit Santiago de Compostela in April 2014, to stay in the centre, outside of the Easter period. Is it more economical to rent an apartment or stay in an Albergue, for one person? Thank you.

16 Answers Nov 24, 2013 at 2:25 AM
    • distance to railway station rom portf

Coruña Nov 3, 2013 at 9:38 AM

How far is the railway station from the cruise port?

3 Answers Nov 5, 2013 at 6:00 AM
    • merpreb1's Profile Photo

what women wear

Santiago de Compostela Sep 30, 2013 at 11:13 AM

I will be in Santiago de Compostela in September, 2014. I would like to know what women wear during the day, what is acceptable, and for dinner. Thank you Merry Preble

28 Answers Nov 14, 2013 at 12:55 AM
    • Museums and off the beaten path wonders

Coruña Sep 29, 2013 at 4:41 PM

Do you have to book ahead to get into the Guggenheim or any other famous site?

5 Answers Oct 2, 2013 at 12:48 AM
    • Local bus or train services in Galicia

Galicia Sep 25, 2013 at 10:25 AM

Can I catch a local bus or local train on Friday 27 Sept from Tui to Redondela or Arcade?

2 Answers Sep 25, 2013 at 11:00 AM
    • wpaladin's Profile Photo

shopping near Renfre station

Valencia Sep 19, 2013 at 4:52 AM

Hi-

I am coming from Barcelona (been there before :-)
      and I am considering staying at a hotel a few blocks
      from the Renfre station. How is the shopping in this area?

Regards,
      Bill Paladino
      Huntington, New York (long island)

4 Answers Sep 22, 2013 at 4:38 AM
    • how do we get from santiago de Compostela to the start of our walk at O"cebriero

Santiago de Compostela Sep 7, 2013 at 5:47 PM

how do we get from santiago de compostella to start our walk at O"cebriero

3 Answers Sep 8, 2013 at 2:29 AM
    • Availability of nano sim cards

Tùy Aug 30, 2013 at 10:49 AM

Where can I purchase a nano sim card with pre-paid data in Tuy?

1 Answer Aug 31, 2013 at 12:51 AM
    • One day visit

Coruña Jul 8, 2013 at 8:20 PM

As I only have one day here, is there a small train or tourist bus that goes around the city to see the highlights. Any other suggestions would be welcome. Thanks Lois

5 Answers Jul 9, 2013 at 6:21 AM
    • Quick visits.

Vigo Jul 6, 2013 at 9:34 PM

I only have a day in each place, is there a small train or a tourist bus around the city sights?

2 Answers Jul 7, 2013 at 7:32 AM
    • Accommodation

Vigo Jun 10, 2013 at 12:25 PM

I want to spend 2 or 3 nights at Vigo while my son starts a year at the University. I am just looking for a cheap bed and breakfast. Any suggestions welcome.

3 Answers Jun 10, 2013 at 2:05 PM
    • sergioalbuka's Profile Photo

Como é fazer o caminho a pé?

Santiago de Compostela May 26, 2013 at 7:28 AM

Olá, estou me preparando psicologicamente há mais de 3 anos para tomar coragem e fazer o caminho de Compostela. Quem já fez o caminho como verdadeiro peregrino e gostou? Quais os desafios, quanto se gasta, claro que, tem que ter feito a pé, e, finalizando, quanto tempo levou?
      Valeu

4 Answers May 26, 2013 at 11:30 PM
    • Oleg_D.'s Profile Photo

Transportation from Santiago to Betanzos

Santiago de Compostela Apr 18, 2013 at 1:19 AM

Dear Travelers,

I’m going to spend three days in Santiago de Compostela. Within these three days time I’m going to visit Betanzos and spend there from six up to eight hours to visit local churches and museum.
      As far as I know I can get Betanzos from SDC either by bus or by train via Corunna. So, I’m very interested you read your opinion what option is better. Should I travel by train via Corunna or by direct bus of Monbus Company?
      Thank you in advance for your help.

Sincerely,

Oleg

3 Answers Apr 18, 2013 at 3:56 AM
    • MaureenO's Profile Photo

valencia airport to city centre

Valencia Apr 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

what is the best way to travel from the valencial aiport to the city centre

4 Answers May 14, 2013 at 3:41 AM
    • MaureenO's Profile Photo

valencia airport to city centre

Valencia Apr 14, 2013 at 8:08 AM

what is the best way to travel from the valencial aiport to the city centre

1 Answer Apr 21, 2013 at 12:32 AM
    • pepemorris11's Profile Photo

Visiting Valencia for a few hours from cruise terminal

Valencia Apr 13, 2013 at 7:19 PM

My husband( who has mobility problems and uses a walking stick) and I will be taking a Western Mediterrannean cruise leaving Rome and visiting Genoa, Provence (Marseilles), Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca and Valencia in Spain and back to Rome. When the ship docks, our time is limited when visiting these cities/towns.
      I am also hard-pressed for time to do my own homework what with all the packing and medical appointments for the 2 of us,hence would appreciate any suggestions as to how we could go about and see some of the sights or town.
      We don't have to do the must-see places unless it is really accessible by public transport as we are not taking the shore excursions from the ship as they are really astronomical in price and have been very disappointing.
      1) Would appreciate info on how to get to nearest public transport station be it bus/metro from cruise terminal.(even if possible whether there are free shuttles from the berth to entrance of cruise terminal as that would save us walking the distance)
      2) We don't even mind walking around town just enjoying the ambience so long as we can get reasonable and frequent public transport services back to cruise terminal.
      Would appreciate any kind of help asap as we are leaving in a ffew days' time
      Many thanks