Galápagos Islands Travel Answers

change location
suziezed's Profile Photo

Looking for your impressions of the Galapagos Islands from an ecotourism point of view

by suziezed Online Now May 21, 2004 at 9:13 AM

Hi - I'm a student (a very mature - meaning old - student) taking an English composition course this summer. We have to do a research essay and I have chosen ecotourism for my research essay subject. More specifically I have narrowed the topic to talking about the difference between true ecotourism and 'greenwashing' where a destination may call label itself as 'green' or promoting the concepts of ecotourism but is not 'walking the walk' just simply 'talking the talk'. I'm going to compare two outfits in Ecuador - the Galapagos and the Maquipucuna Reserve. The former is - I believe from what I've read - in serious danger of foundering and not a very good example of ecotourism while the latter is - again from what I've read - a sterling example of TRUE ecotourism. If you have any input that would help me in my essay I would appreciate it. I am not going to be quoting from individual tourists - I am just hoping that people who have been to the destination can give me the 'flavour' of the place. If you are interested I will be happy to send you a PDF or Word copy of the essay when it is finished. Thanks in advance for any help you can offer. Susan

Quote & Answer
0 Answers
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Galápagos Islands Travel Answer Locations