Galápagos Islands Travel Answers

change location

day tour to Espanola Island

by axxxaaa Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 2:01 AM

Hello, I will stay in San Cristobal for few days in July. Can you tell me if there is a day tour (boat) to Espanola from St. Cristobal?
Thanks,

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

Re: day tour to Espanola Island

by MalenaN Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 8:57 AM

Isla Española can only be visited when on a cruise, so no day trips are made there. Española was a highlight during my visit to Galapagos Islands and the birdlife at Punta Suarez was spectacular. The snorkelling at a small rocky islet off Gardner Bay was also very good and we were for some time surrounded by eight sea lions playing around.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • MalenaN's Profile Photo

by MalenaN Online Now Mar 15, 2013 at 9:14 AM

I plan to visit San Cristóbal later this year so when I came across two very useful links more than half a year ago (I think it was at Thorn Tree) I saved them. The links go to a page where you can read about visitor sites in Puerto Baquerizo Moreno and on San Cristobal, and as you are going there too you might find them helpful too:
    galapagosecolodgevisitorsite...
    galapagosecolodgevisitorsite...

• FunMonty's Profile Photo

by FunMonty Online Now Mar 18, 2013 at 7:16 PM

No, it is no longer possible to take day tours to Espanola Island. This was possible a few years ago but the Galapagos National Park has changed the rules. You can only visit Espanola by taking a multi-day boat tour to multiple islands.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Galápagos Islands Travel Answer Locations