Travel Answers

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Boxing Day

Edinburgh Nov 13, 2015 at 11:37 AM

I'll be in Edinburgh over the Christmas holiday and wondering what will be open on Boxing Day. I know the museums and castles are closed, but what about shops and restaurants? Will there be anything for me to do that day?

Also, on Christmas day I want to eat somewhere nice but not stuffy - kind of old school/traditional with a good, warm environment. I'm staying in New Town and will be alone. Any advice?

• 3 day trip

Scotland Nov 3, 2015 at 2:40 PM

My boyfriend and I be in the Blair Atholl area for a wedding and am wondering if it's worth travelling afield, or whether there's enough to keep you entertained in Blair Atholl for 3 days. We are travelling from London, via Edinburgh and would love to visit a very remote, scenic village with good (mild) walking tours and small, local pubs. Any suggestions please??

• october holiday coming up

by gloflo Online Now Oct 5, 2011 at 5:38 AM

Staying at the Gairloch hotel, how far is it from town of Gairloch, i.e. walkable or taxi ride

2 Answers Oct 5, 2011 at 3:58 PM
    • Good Guide Book

by ChezBabeNo1 Online Now Jan 20, 2009 at 8:34 AM

Does anyone have a tip on what the best guide book would be to cover Gairloch and it's surrounding area? I've looked at loads on the internet (finding them in bookshops is harder) but they don't really give much information on what places are actually covered, so I'd like to get a really good one with helpful information. I have an AA guide on Scotland which is a good format (includes walks and drives) but really need one that is a bit more focused on the area itself.

1 Answer Jan 20, 2009 at 8:46 AM