Gainesville Travel Answers

change location
sarahjayn's Profile Photo

Things to Do

by sarahjayn Online Now Apr 15, 2006 at 9:54 PM

So, I am probably going to chaperone a trip to UF for my younger cousin and of her friends. It's a "so you might want to go to college one day" sort of a thing. They are tweens - middle school age to early high school. Some of the time, I will be without the girls, but the rest of the time they will be on my own as they will be doing something at or around the college.
I'm looking, basically, for ideas on what to do with the girls when they are with me (cheaper = better), some things I can do on my own, and some moderately-priced restaurants with vegan / vegetarian options near the university. I used to have a bunch of friends who went to UF, but as time moves on so have they.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • rw-bigfoot's Profile Photo

RE: Things to Do

by rw-bigfoot Online Now Apr 15, 2006 at 10:41 PM

how many girls will you have and how long is the day going to be?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • sarahjayn's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Things to Do

by sarahjayn Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 6:09 AM

I *think* there will be about 4 girls with me. We're all sleeping in one hotel room (god help me).
    Donna, that's a really good suggestion - thanks!

• rw-bigfoot's Profile Photo

RE: Things to Do

by rw-bigfoot Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 9:33 AM

how about taking along a little craft to make bead or braided bracelets or something for the time in the hotel room something to keep them busy. so you will have time alone in the bathroom without worrying about what they're doing. when we help with campouts and such the girls love to be crafty or do their hair something with beads or braiding. It's a girl thing :)

• sarahjayn's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Things to Do

by sarahjayn Online Now Apr 16, 2006 at 4:12 PM

Yeah, I have plenty of things like that lined up. I'm really looking for some advice on things for girls to do in the city since were up there.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines