Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Mob. Scooters

Civitavecchia Jun 26, 2015 at 12:15 PM

Is it suitable for mobility scooters

more
    • Museo della Civilta Romana

Rome Jun 25, 2015 at 2:54 PM

Anyone know if the Museum of Roman Civilisation in EUR is still closed, and any projected re-opening date ? Their site is not helpful. Thanks

more
    • Batates's Profile Photo

solo in rome

Rome Jun 6, 2015 at 11:45 PM

i will be solo in rome from 12 to 14/6
      if anyone interested to hangout

more
    • Transfer Terminal T1 To T3 in Fiumicino

Rome Jun 23, 2015 at 7:04 AM

Hello dear Vitie's, I would ask , if someone can help me and explain which is the best way to transfer from arribals terminal T! a departures T· in Fiumicino Rome, thank' s

more
    • Trevi Fountain

Rome Jun 13, 2015 at 6:43 AM

I am going to be in Rome the middle of September of this year. I know of the renovation work being done on the fountain. Just looking for a timeline update as to how the renovations are coming along. Everything I see is from just after the work started. Even if it isn't finished I will still be making a point of visiting the fountain.
      Any updates would be much appreciated...Ty

more
    • Transport Ciampino to Termini

Rome Jul 2, 2015 at 4:08 AM

I am very concerned that I have not allowed enough time to get to Termini from the airport. I arrive Ciampino on a Tuesday at 16.50. Do you think I will have time to catch the Terravision transfer leaving at 17.15 ? Also, this bus is scheduled to arrive Termini at 18.05...do you think there is enough time to find the correct platform for the Naples train
      leaving at 18.23 ? Obviosly, everything has got to be on time for me to have any chance, and I am considering getting a taxi from the airport to Ciampini rail station, where the travel time to Termini is only 16 minutes.
      Any ideas welcome, the alternative seems to be to cancel my Rome - Naples train ticket and get a later train.

more
    • Senior Citizens

Rome Jun 9, 2015 at 1:18 PM

We are 2 senior citizens (relatively fit) travelling in July for 3 days. We have read a lot about the hop on off tickets, the roma pass and the 3 day inclusive transport ticket. However we are still very undecided especially as july will be hot and busy, Any advice please? We are staying near Termini
      Very grateful Ann

more
    • places to eat in rome

Rome Jun 18, 2015 at 1:22 AM

can someone recommend some places to eat in Rome that is cheap and has authentic local food? Those that only locals will know? My girlfriends and I are travelling there in mid july and would love some recommendations.

more
    • RamkrishnaPaul's Profile Photo

5 nights 4 days

Rome Jun 10, 2015 at 1:54 AM

we are going to Florence for 5 nights in July . Please advise the best places to visit .. How we get the passes or ticket without a long Q. From were we can buy the tickets or passes?? Is it really hot summer by end of July?

more
    • hotel santa caterina

Rome Jun 9, 2015 at 8:42 AM

We are planning a family trip,and for the first half,will be staying at the Hotel santa Caterina on the Amalfi Coast.The hotel has no irons for guests.We are all ages as it is a family trip,and would like to avoid looking a mess.Any suggestions for irons?Is there a good voltage adapter the anyone has used? Please help,or we will be referred to as the "prune "family.

more
    • WOOFWOOF's Profile Photo

Coopculture Tours in Rome

Rome Jun 28, 2015 at 4:26 AM

We will be in Rome from October 10 and are looking at tours for the Vatican City and a night tour for the Collosseum. They seem to be pretty expensive but I stumbled across coopculture tours which are much cheaper. Can anyone explain why? Has anyone used them? Do you know if they do tours of the Vatican? Thanks for your help.

more
    • Over 65 entrance fee reductions.

Rome Jun 18, 2015 at 12:23 AM

I am doing a combined trip to Naples and Rome, and have found that EU citizens over 65 get free entrance to Pompei and Herculaneum on production of suitable ID. I believe that this concession applies to all State-owned museums and sites. Can anyone tell me where I can obtain a list of museums etc in Rome that are State owned....for example the Forum and the Colloseum. Thanks

more
    • FrankA40's Profile Photo

Visit to Gaeta

by FrankA40 Online Now Mar 5, 2014 at 12:51 AM

I served on the USS Little Rock between 1968 and 1970. The ship at that time was also the flag ship of th sixth fleet. After all these years my wife and I plan to visit Gaeta for one day in a couple of weeks. Anyone currently affiliated , with the US Navy, can supply the following: if we can visit the current flag ship? Can we visit the Navy Community Center and the location please.

Thanks

Frank Azzopardi

• Are there SUP rentals in Gaeta?

by sbmorrisroe Online Now Feb 16, 2014 at 9:39 PM

I'm planning a trip to Gaeta this summer. I'm from LA, and I am wondering if I should bring my paddleboard, or if I can rent one in or near Gaeta. I have searched online, and it looks like SUP is still fairly new in Italy. Only a few places popped up, but none are near Gaeta. Thanks!

4 Answers Apr 29, 2014 at 7:22 AM
    • Hiring a Car in Gaeta

by KimTherasse Online Now Jan 29, 2014 at 8:45 AM

Are there cars available to hire in Formia, Gaeta or Itri? We are staying outside of Itri and would like to have a car available to do day tours to Maranola and the countryside for a week (May 3 through May 8). There are 4 adults in our group.

1 Answer Jan 29, 2014 at 10:30 AM
    • Holiday Vacation Apartment Rental

by JessicaCasano Online Now Dec 28, 2011 at 10:23 AM

Hi - My family will be traveling to Gaeta, Italy in August and we are looking for an apartment to rent in Gaeta for a week. I've tried looking on all the big sites - BBPlanet, AirBNB, TripAdvisor, HomeAway, etc. but haven't been able to find one that's a fit. Does anyone have any recommendations for where else to look? We don't plan on renting a car, so looking for an apartment that's conveniently located near Gaeta Centre and beach. There will be 3 adults and one baby, so looking for a 1 or 2 bedroom.

Thanks for your help!

-Jessica

1 Answer Dec 28, 2011 at 10:42 AM
    • Sperlunga, Gaeta or Terracina

by beejay421 Online Now Jun 25, 2011 at 5:53 PM

We are planning a trip to this area and want to pick a town with train access as well as bus to explore the region. We cannot tell by all the different postings for apartments which town will offer the easiest transport as we will not have the convenience of a car. We also are interested in being in an historical city or town. Would appreciate any help and information.

4 Answers Jun 26, 2011 at 3:20 PM
    • uss mount whitney

by tarahands Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

I was just hoping someone could help me. I am coming to visit my fiance next month who works onboard this ship and I need to book somewhere to stay. I am not sure where abouts the ship is and I would like to book accomodation as close to it as possible. Does anyone know if there is a particular dock, beach, body of water or something a long those lines that the navel base is on so that I can be sure to look in the right place? Even if anyone was able to tell me how far it is from the town centre that would be great and very much appreciated as I'm running out of time. Thanks.
      Regards,
      Tara

3 Answers Jun 2, 2011 at 5:52 AM
    • Any Good Snorkeling around Gaeta?

by itbechill Online Now Aug 31, 2010 at 2:43 PM

Hi!
      We're coming in from Southern California for a day in Gaeta, and are looking for any good snorkelingin gaeta or easily accessible around gaeta. Any help is appreciated.
      Thanks!
      Matt

2 Answers Sep 1, 2010 at 6:13 AM
    • the details about Plancus Mausoleum

by Suzanne3008 Online Now Feb 28, 2010 at 8:35 PM

i want to know some details about the measurement of the plaque in this mausoleum .. or any new info about it .. thnx

1 Answer Mar 1, 2010 at 12:04 PM
    • ciaobella55's Profile Photo

Apartment rental

by ciaobella55 Online Now May 23, 2007 at 3:05 AM

I'm planning another trip to Italy in 2008 and would like to rent an apartment in Gaeta for a month. Does anyone know any websites or have any contacts?
      we will be a group of 4 50-something ladies.
      Thanx

5 Answers Apr 27, 2015 at 3:33 AM
    • Transport from Baia Domizia to Gaeta?

by Vadeon Online Now Jun 30, 2006 at 4:19 AM

Hi! Anybody can tell me how can I reach Gaeta if case of living Baia Domizia? What about bus for example?
      Thanx in advance!

2 Answers Jul 7, 2006 at 4:45 AM
    • Transport from Denmark to Naples, and then Gaeta.

by MsElvira Online Now Jun 19, 2004 at 12:24 PM

I am thinking about spending a few weeks this summer in Gaeta. It would be prefered to have booked a hotel through an agency plus plane transport from home. Does anyone know travelagencies connected between Denmark and Gaeta........?? Would the beaches be children-friendly? Thanks beforehand. Elvira

3 Answers Jun 21, 2004 at 3:39 AM
    • IrishPitchford's Profile Photo

moving to Gaeta

by IrishPitchford Online Now Jun 18, 2004 at 9:59 AM

I might be moving to Gaeta in the near future because my hubby is in the Navy. I was wondering how it is over there!?! How is the weather usually? Is it a clean place? Is it boring or lots of stuff to do? Is it alot of Americans or people who speak English? Can you let me know all the details of the place please. I really want to know all about it before I make my decision to move there. Thanx

1 Answer Oct 2, 2005 at 2:33 AM
    • programmer's Profile Photo

Gaeta

by programmer Online Now Mar 27, 2004 at 5:15 AM

I'm planning to visit Gaeta from 03 of June 2004. Is sea warm enough to swim at this time? Are there taxi from train station to town (hotel Serapo)? Any details on hotel serapo? Thanks