Gaeta Travel Answers

change location

uss mount whitney

by tarahands Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 4:21 AM

Hi,

I was just hoping someone could help me. I am coming to visit my fiance next month who works onboard this ship and I need to book somewhere to stay. I am not sure where abouts the ship is and I would like to book accomodation as close to it as possible. Does anyone know if there is a particular dock, beach, body of water or something a long those lines that the navel base is on so that I can be sure to look in the right place? Even if anyone was able to tell me how far it is from the town centre that would be great and very much appreciated as I'm running out of time. Thanks.
Regards,
Tara

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • hawkhead's Profile Photo

Re: uss mount whitney

by hawkhead Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 4:59 AM

Can't your fiance help?

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: uss mount whitney

by tarahands Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 5:06 AM

No the ship is not at port atm and wont be back for some time so he isn't sure. Also even if he were able to ask someone, getting in contact with him is very difficult. He was only there for about 1.5wks before it left and did not get a chance to look around, in fact didnt leave the ship so he doesnt know his way around. ahh, if only things where that easy lol

• cgf's Profile Photo

Re: uss mount whitney

by cgf Online Now Jun 2, 2011 at 5:52 AM

looking at google map you can see a military boat... closest hotel seems to be Hotel Gajeta Lungomare Giovanni Caboto
    check venere.com or booking.com to book. Most of the time both place do not ask for money and you can be able to cancel 24-72 hours before, read well the cancel policies, every hotel has its own one

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines