Gabon Travel Answers

change location

Ge to Lambarene from Libreville by taxi

by ironpony Online Now Aug 9, 2010 at 1:10 AM

I'm planning to travel to Gabon in the near future, probably in 2011.
The primary objective is to go and take a look at the total solar eclipse site - which takes place on Nov.3,2013. The central eclipse line passes through some 30km north of Lambarene.
I will pick up a taxi to Lambarene from Libreville. I want to know how much I should pay and how many hours it will take for one way. What about the availability of taxies equipped with seat belts?
Please give me some answers.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • Re: Ge to Lambarene from Libreville by taxi

by lovetotravel_2 Online Now Aug 14, 2010 at 2:31 PM

In 2 weeks time I hope to be in Gabon. Part of my plan is to travel from Lambarene to Libreville (and then to catch the day-train to Lope National Park) My Travel Agency has suggested me to take the bus from L to L, supposedly a new daily connection of high (-adequate-) standard.
    I'm told and I have read that taxi's are quite expensive, though that might be not so much the case for this travel as the road is all tarmac and in good condition.
    Do check weather conditions in November in this part of the country; it is rainy season in November which means clear skies - and abundant rain for some hours, all on the same day..

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Re: Ge to Lambarene from Libreville by taxi

by ironpony Online Now Aug 20, 2010 at 5:50 PM

Your infomation is very helpful, Mr.lovetotravel 2.
    Bus travel is safer than taxi with regard to traffic accidents or highwaymen. I've already made flight bookings in next April for going to Gabon. I may pick up a taxi in Lambarene and go to the eclipse zones to find some of the best locations.

Thank you so much!

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gabon Travel Answer Locations