Gabon Travel Answers

change location
Grueslayer's Profile Photo

Visa issues

by Grueslayer Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 12:20 AM

Hi all,

I have a flight to Libreville end of february. I'm just browsing the necessities to obtain a visa. Does anyone know what a "letter of invitation" is supposed to be? Is it necessary, and if yes, how can I obtain one?

Furthermore, can anyone recommend a cheap, clean and central hotel in Libreville?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers,

Baldur

Quote & Answer
6 Answers
  • freespiritwendy's Profile Photo

RE: Visa issues

by freespiritwendy Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 5:34 AM

"Letter of invitation", in my experience is a letter from someone in that country who is inviting you to stay with them for the holidays. You basically have to have an address where you will be going. Some countries accept an address of a hotel or Bed and Breakfast/ backpackers too.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ajayzener's Profile Photo

RE: Visa issues

by ajayzener Online Now Jan 20, 2007 at 10:48 PM

A Letter of Invitation is normally used for business travel. It is a letter from some one staying in the country inviting you for a business meeting,work or conferences. Normally it should have the complete detail of the person or the organisation inviting you. The letter should also have the following details of yours..

Name , Passport Number, Fathers Name, Date of Birth, Date of issue of pasport, Place of issue of passport and the expiry date on the passport.

In case you are in the country just for tourism then the country normally does not require the letter. Instead some times they may ask you for your return tickets, hotel bookings and travel agent bookings.

Regards
    Ajay Zener

• freespiritwendy's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Visa issues

by freespiritwendy Online Now Jan 21, 2007 at 3:16 AM

Well, when I went to Israel, all they needed was a letter from someone there who was inviting me to visit. The same thing happened in Germany. Now Mexico also requires that i have a letter of invitation. Perhaps you should just contact the embassy and get clarity. Or speak to your travel agency.

Totsiens

• Grueslayer's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Visa issues

by Grueslayer Online Now Jan 24, 2007 at 12:28 AM

I don't use a travel agency. Well, I'll just give it a try with a hotel address. Thanks for all your answers.

• CharlesWeise's Profile Photo

Re: Visa issues

by CharlesWeise Online Now Jan 27, 2011 at 12:15 PM

It that true?

• Sayd.Gamal's Profile Photo

Re: Visa issues

by Sayd.Gamal Online Now Sep 18, 2013 at 1:50 AM

Hello my Name is Sayd from Egypt i want to travel to gabon for tourism and safari

please anyone know how i can get invitation letter or travel agency can provide me with the the invitation letter

Thanks

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Popular Gabon Travel Answer Locations