change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• JoanTowles's Profile Photo

Attending Mass

Salzburg Jun 28, 2014 at 9:44 PM

What time is Mass celebrated at Saint Peter's Cathedral Salzburg, Austria?

more
    • GETTING AROUND

Salzburg Jun 28, 2014 at 7:08 AM

I have 3-4 days to spend in Salzburg.

1. Any suggestions on reasonably priced hotels near the main train station? I want to be close to transportation (train/busses)
      2. I was planning on doing the Hohenwefen fortress, mirabell gardens, mozart house, schools leopldskron. can i get to all of these with public transportation or should i buy a pass on those hop on hop off tourist busses? I want to be as economical as possible. Also, with these attractions in mind, is it worth for me to buy that pass everyone says allows free access to some of the attractions?
      3. I want to visit the Werfen ice caves. How far is this? Should I take a day tour or should I go by public transportation on my own?
      4. Hallstatt- by bus or train? or should I take a tour there?
      5. Having all these things in mind, should I go back to Salzburg or should I stay in Werfen/Hallstatt? I am leaving to Budapest after Salzburg. Hotels seem to be very expensive in Salzburg.

I don't want to do the typical tourist tours. I want to take a run early in the morning around town, hike, bike around the city, take a dip on a lake if possible, have a picnic somewhere around nature. Any suggestions?!

more
    • Salzburg or zell am see in august?

Zell am See Jun 17, 2014 at 8:31 PM

My wife and I are planning to go to Austria on August 2 to 7. And i have to choose between Vienna and Salzburg or Vienna and Zell am see. Any suggestion when route to take. By the way do you know if we could find any water activities such as jet skying, paraselling, inner tube, and the like.

more
    • Parking Motorhome at Salzburg Airport

Salzburg Jun 23, 2014 at 9:06 AM

Is there anywhere near to Salzburg airport where we could park our motorhome and leave it for 2 weeks in February while we fly back to the UK?

more
    • JoanTowles's Profile Photo

Attending Mass

Salzburg Jun 28, 2014 at 9:40 PM

What time is Mass celebrated?

more
    • Salzburg-Gmunden-Budapest

Salzburg Jun 29, 2014 at 12:57 AM

Hi,

My wife and I are planning to visit Salzburg from 4th to 7th of July and travel to Budapest from there. We would also like to travel to Gmunden to visit the Thomas Bernhard Haus.

I would like to know the following information about the the best way to travel to Gmunden and Budapest in the following two scenarios. We are on a budget and cannot afford a taxi.

1) We travel to Gmunden from Salzburg on Sunday morning and stay at Gmunden for a night and travel to Budapest from there on Monday morning. Are there buses? Is this too compliacted?

2) We make a day trip to Gmunden on Saturday and travel to Budapest on Monday from Salzburg.

Also, do you have any information if Thomas Bernhard Haus is open on Sunday?

Thank you so much.

more
    • Sound of Music Tour

Salzburg Jun 24, 2014 at 12:56 AM

If I have 4 hours from 8am to 12pm to visit the Sound of Music locations in Salzburg, can anyone advise me on the draft itinerary, where I can forward to my Van driver for them to check out the locations in advance.
      Thanks & Regards Alvin

more
    • cubeinthesky's Profile Photo

24 hours in Salzburg

Salzburg Jun 13, 2014 at 6:44 AM

Hi there!
      My friend and I will have exactly 24 hours to be in Salzburg (A Saturday at noon till Sunday at about noon). What are the absolute must sees? (Don't have enough time to spend on possible duds) and then where to go out at night where the locals go?

more