change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• kcnaguit's Profile Photo

japan rail pass

Japan Jun 16, 2015 at 8:01 AM

hi, is this pass advisable if my itinerary is tokyo-kyoto-osaka?
      thanks

more
    • Aoshima Tour Guide

Japan Jun 11, 2015 at 6:29 PM

Dear Friends
      I am looking for a English speaking tour guide who can show me Aoshima cat island . I am not able to find the guides for this trip. I need this guide for 1 day. Please help.

- Varun

more

transportation

Japan Jun 16, 2015 at 7:43 AM

hi, i plan to travel from Tokyo to Osaka one-way, which ticket or rail pass is best to use in terms of cost and travel time?
      thanks

more
    • 7Day self-drive hokkaido

Hokkaido Jun 14, 2015 at 11:34 PM

Hi,

Need some help with my programme. My partner and I are planning our 1st self drive trip to Hokkaido in end Aug. We're into scenery (photography), food and shopping. Here's what we came up with:

Option A
      Day 1: Sin – Tokyo – Chitose (pick up car at 17:00). Chitose-Noboribetsu. Overnight Noboribetsu.
      Day 2: Noboribetsu – Lake Toya - Otaru. Overnight at Otaru
      Day 3: Otaru - Furano. Overnight at Furano
      Day 4: Furano - Biei - Asahikawa - Sapporo.
      Day 5: Sapporo
      Day 6: Sapporo. Total 3N at Sapporo.
      Day 7: Sapporo - Chitose (Return car at 18:00)

1) Are the plans too rushed or ok? Especially for Day 2 and 4.
      2) Should I overnight around Lake Toya at Day 2, or go directly to Otaru?
      3) Any place I should skip/visit for better route plan?
      4) Any better route to be taken?

Thanks so much for your help!

more

summer sale season

Tokyo Jun 11, 2015 at 2:39 AM

hi! when does the sale season begin ?

more
    • Suggested Itinerary - First time in Japan snowboarding

Japan Jun 8, 2015 at 12:28 PM

uggested Itinerary - First time in Japan.

Im looking for some advice for my first trip to Japan in search of pow. I am a strong intermediate however have never had much experience of riding powder

I have three weeks in total and I was thinking about breaking up my time between resorts to get the most out of the trip as well as seeing some of Japan. I am going from the 26th of Dec 2015. , does the itinerary below look good? I want to make sure I am making the most of my time boarding but also seeing as much of Japan as I can

7 Days - Niseko

2 Days - Hakkoda

2 Days - in Kyoto

3 Days - Hakuba

3 Days - Nozawa Onsen

2 Days - Tokyo

I have considered dropping Hakkoda from the trip to give myself more time in niseko or Nozawa Onsen or skipping Hakuba in favour of more time in one of the other places.

Thoughts and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

more
    • Help to find a guide and plan a trip

Tokyo Jun 11, 2015 at 8:20 PM

Dear friends
      I am coming to Tokyo on 24 Sept (reaching Narita at 9pm) and leaving on 4 Oct at 10am. So I have 9 full days. Can u suggest a plan for this trip for 2pax.

My wish list include
      Tokyo
      Kyoto
      Mt.fuji (no need to get near) I need to click pic from far
      Jigokudani monkey park
      Aoshima cat village
      Zao fox village
      Sagano bamboo forest
      Kokogen garden,himeji

Regards
      Varun

more
    • Melanie_Putra's Profile Photo

Direction within Tokyo Station

Tokyo Jun 9, 2015 at 2:21 AM

Hi everyone!

I really need help regarding Tokyo Station.

I will arrive into Tokyo Station at track 3 (Keihin-Tohoku Line) or track 4 (Yamanote Line) from Hamamatsucho. I will give myself an hour at Tokyo Station before boarding the Joetsu Shinkansen for Jomo-Kogen, departing from platform 22.
      In this one hour I would like to go buy ekiben from Ekiben-ya Matsuri which I read is at Tokyo Station City's Central Street. I also read that it is inside the paid section of the station.

Would anyone be kind enough to give me a clear direction, please? Do I need to go to another level? I am a bit confuse about the 'paid section'.. Does it mean I don't exit from the Yamanote/Keihin-Tohoku area but just head towards the Shinkansen gate? I see in the map the shop is in between the tracks 3/4 and 22. But I am not sure if I need to go to a different floor..
      tokyostationcity.com/pdf/yub...

Tq, Mel

more
    • drop baggage

Kamikochi Jun 23, 2015 at 8:39 AM

Hello, does anyone know if there is any place that I can drop my baggage in Kamikochi? I plan to visit Kamikochi from Hirayu, then travel from Kamikochi to Matsumoto, I don't want to travel back to Hirayu from Kamikochi to pick up my luggage for Matsumoto. Thanks.

more
    • How to travel around in Japan

Japan Jun 19, 2015 at 12:43 AM

hello everybody,

i will be travelling to Japan from July 5-15. I need help with the JR pass. do you thing it would be advisable to buy it?
      My itinerary is as follows:
      Arrive at Tokyo on July 5.
      july 6- 7- Disney Land and Disney Sea from Tokyo
      July 8-9 Explore Tokyo
      July 10 day trip to Mt Fuji
      July 11 trip to kamikochi. Stay at kamikochi.
      july 12 - july 14 trip to kyoto
      july 15 leave for narita airport to catch flight at 9:35 am.

Also, what would be the best way to get to Narita Airport terminal 2. I have a morning flight to catch back at 9am.

thank you so much!
      aurica.

more
    • Tour guide for cat island

Tokyo Jun 11, 2015 at 8:24 PM

I am not able to find the tour guides for Aoshima Cat Island. Can anyone help me out. I need the English speaking guide for 1 day to show around Aoshima

Regards
      Varun

more
    • annesophia's Profile Photo

To TOKYO or OSAKA first?

Japan Jun 10, 2015 at 3:31 AM

For a firstimer to visit Japan (soon), which one should come first to visit? Tokyo or Osaka?
      NO preference place yet to visit, i think all places in Japan are great.
      Option A: April 5-16, 2016 > April 5- 10 Tokyo, April 10-13 Kyoto, April 13-15 Hiroshima, and April 15-16 Tokyo
      Option B: April 10-20, 2016 > April 10-15 Osaka, April 15-20 Tokyo
      Option C: April 4-12, 2016 > April 4-12 TOKYO only
      If family would tag-along (sister, nieces, mom, etc.) should i choose Tokyo to visit first and come back next time for Osaka (and Kyoto) or, should I visit Osaka first and vice-versa ... If noone will come, i will surely go for Option A ...

more
    • Weather in November

Okinawa Jul 1, 2015 at 4:41 AM

Hi,

I´m going to HongKong in Novermber and was thinking about doing a trip to Okinawa. My questions is if it is easy to travel between HK and Okinawa and how is the weather in mid November? What can I expect? Is it a good time to visit?

more
    • EihabHassan's Profile Photo

From Haneda airport to Tokyo

Tokyo Jun 30, 2015 at 3:54 AM

How to get to tokyo from Haneda airport after 12:00 PM

more
    • Tellme's Profile Photo

Tattoo onsen?

Hokkaido Jun 30, 2015 at 11:30 AM

Hi All, I have a sizeable back tattoo but would still like to onsen (preferably outdoor) on our trip around Hokkaido during the next two weeks. Does anyone know any onsen (anywhere in Hokkaido) that don't care and will let me bathe? From previous experience years ago I know most places have signs up prohibiting entry to tattooed folk. Have the times changed? I was last there about 4yrs ago and was able to hide a smaller tattoo under strapping tape, but I won't be able to hide this new back one. We have a car and no set itinerary - will just end our trip in Kushiro, so any recommendations, anywhere at all, would be appreciated. Thanks, Terry

more

narita or haneda?

Tokyo Jun 16, 2015 at 7:40 AM

hi! i plan to book a hotel around Tokyo Station, which is the better airport in terms of travel time and cost?
      Narita to Tokyo Station or Haneda to Tokyo Station?
      thanks!

more
    • Best Last Meals: Where to Eat and Visit on a Final Trip to Japan?

Japan Jun 16, 2015 at 1:07 AM

We're a small group of close old friends taking one of our own on what will, for health reasons, almost certainly be his last trip to Japan. Our friend studied in Tokyo and Kyoto more than 40 years ago and hasn't been back since. Because seeing Japan once again is one of the few things he'd like to do in the time he has left, we want to make this trip as wonderful as possible. Of all the tremendous things Japan has to offer, our friend especially enjoyed Japanese cuisine.

We're not as much concerned about budget as we are finding what's best, most interesting, most surprising, most unusual. So are questions are basically the following:

• Outside the obvious such as Tokyo and Kyoto, does Japan have what the Japanese would consider "gastronomic capital"? if so, where is it?
      • Is there a city or region in Japan famous for having the country's best sashimi and sushi?
      • If you were to choose one or two small cities in Japanese that were little-known or not often visited by tourists, but which were unusually interesting or beautiful or in some other way especially significant, what would they be?

Please know that we're quite willing to visit out-of-the-way areas, and to make the necessary transportation arrangements for getting to them. So, please, don't confine your suggestions to what's most readily accessible. We're looking for places that particularly touched your heart, imagination, and appetite.

I very much thank you in advance for whatever responses you might have to this somewhat out of the ordinary query.

more
    • Map of Fukuroi

by efidr Online Now Sep 5, 2003 at 5:58 AM

Where can I find a reasonably detailed map of Fukaroi city on the web? I would appreciate it if someone could help me out. Thanks Anthony

1 Answer Sep 5, 2003 at 9:52 AM