change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular Fukuoka-ken Travel Answer Locations

• looking for japanese toy

Fukuoka Apr 8, 2014 at 5:58 AM

looking for a kendama (toy). can anyone tell me where to find it in fukuoka?

3 Answers Apr 10, 2014 at 2:49 AM
    • penny_g's Profile Photo

Fukuoka to Tokyo

Fukuoka Mar 7, 2014 at 9:05 AM

Hi all! Has anyone used the services of the bus company Nishitetsu? I saw that they offer overnight bus trips between Tokyo and Fukuoka. Can foreigners (no Japanese speakers) book it from abroad or at least a travel agency who can book it for you?

4 Answers Mar 18, 2014 at 4:11 AM
    • Chyan's Profile Photo

Question about airline offices in Fukuoka Airport Domestic Terminal

Fukuoka Feb 26, 2014 at 7:10 AM

Hi, Japan VT,

Are there offices of Amakusa Airlines, IBEX Airlines, Fuji Dream Airlines, J-Air and JEX Express at Fukuoka Airport Domestic Terminal? If yes, what are their contact numbers and/or email addresses? Can i find their inflight magazines and Timetables there?

Chyan

7 Answers Mar 10, 2014 at 8:06 AM
    • shooping inquiry

Fukuoka Feb 12, 2014 at 11:27 PM

dear all, anyone know where can get different flavor kitkat around fukuoka ?

1 Answer Feb 13, 2014 at 12:09 PM
    • Ideas for itinerary in and around Fukuoka City

Fukuoka Nov 4, 2013 at 5:24 AM

Hi,
      I'm spending about a week in Fukuoka City with my family (4 of us - spouse, 2 kids who are close to 20, myself) and we have about a week. I'm trying to put together a quick itinerary at short notice and I'm wondering if I could have recommendations on what to see/do/eat in and around Fukuoka. Attractions outside of the city however would have to be day trips.
      Will be arriving in Japan at the end of Nov, leaving about 8 - 9 days later, on Dec 8.
      Thanks.

3 Answers Nov 4, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    • 5 days in Kyushu

Fukuoka-ken May 1, 2013 at 4:23 AM

My wife and I will be spending 5 days in Kyushu, travelling from Osaka. We would prefer to base ourselves in a central location and travel to other centres (by rail mostly) on a daily basis, probably in the northern part of Kyushu. Please recommend a suitable base .e.g. Would Kumamoto be a practical place to travel to most other northern centres such as Beppu, Nagasaki etc. It seems to be on a main rail line? Thanks.

6 Answers May 6, 2013 at 8:29 PM
    • HELP! Need Tickets to Kitakyushu Kodo Show in October and Don't Speak Japanese!

Kitakyushu Aug 28, 2012 at 2:14 PM

Hello,

I am planning a trip to Japan with my parents and my sister in October and my dad is a huge fan of the Kodo drumming group. He sees them whenever they come to Toronto. My sister and I found out that they are actually performing in Japan while we are there and we wanted to surprise him with tickets to a show, but the only way that we could work it into our itinerary was their show in Kitakyushu on October 7th. Unfortunately, navigating the theatre's japanese website has been difficult to say the least, not speaking/reading japanese, and we have managed to gather that the tickets went on sale at the beginning of August to members, but that window for purchasing tickets has since closed (not to mention the fact that they don't ship tickets abroad and we don't have an address in Japan to ship to). In any case, it appears as though (and we have no idea how accurate this info is) a very small number of tickets will be available at the theatre on the day of the performance.

Does anyone out there have any insight to lend to this situation? Is there any other way to get tickets beforehand? I fear that we will show up at the box office on the day of the concert, there will be no tickets left to purchase, and we will have re-routed our itinery to Kyushu for nothing. If anyone can help navigate the website, or provide any help whatsoever on how we might be able to score tickets, I would be eternally grateful!

Thanks,
      Janice
      Yellowknife, NT, CANADA

2 Answers Aug 29, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    • kwipex's Profile Photo

Fukuoka vs Osaka

Fukuoka Jun 11, 2012 at 3:50 AM

Hi, I'd like to visit Fukuoka in November. Would like to know how Fukuoka is like compared to Osaka. I had a great time in Osaka shopping because the shopping was very compacted into a shopping strip eg. Shinsaibashi-suji. Whether rain or cold, it was easy to just nip into shops as I walked down the covered walkway.
      Does Fukuoka have a shopping strip like Osaka? Reason I ask this question is because I'm a shopping tourist, and dislike 'scattered' shopping as I don't like to walk too much to shop.

6 Answers Jun 17, 2012 at 8:12 PM
    • eversure's Profile Photo

Kyushu Rail Pass or Not

Fukuoka Mar 6, 2012 at 6:24 PM

Hello all. I was wondering if it would be worth buying a Kyushu rail pass as opposed to buying tickets per trip. My only travel will be from Fukuoka/Hakata to Kagoshima and back (round trip). The JR website does not list the prices for single trips.
      Thank you.
      Jenny

9 Answers Mar 7, 2012 at 12:50 AM
    • Fukuoka International Airport

Fukuoka Feb 20, 2012 at 4:35 AM

Hi!

Is Fukuoka International Airport, a 24-hour airport?

Are there any closing hours?

How far is it from Fukuoka International Airport to city center
      Are there any public transport to bus / port terminal?

Thanks!

4 Answers Feb 21, 2012 at 10:15 AM
    • Toyoko Hotel Closest to Ferry Terminal

Fukuoka Jan 20, 2012 at 4:52 AM

Which one of the Hotel Toyoko chain hotels is closest to the ferry terminal as I will be arriving by ship and returning to Korea the next day. The hotel guide lists several Toyoko Hotels in Fukuoka. I would like to know which one is the closest.
      Thank you.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2012 at 11:36 PM
    • fukuoka 5 days

Fukuoka Nov 30, 2011 at 9:34 PM

I am thinking of going to fukuoka for 5 days in january. wondering how much spending money i should bring, and what the best things to do are
      i definitely want to visit a hot spring or spa at some point.
      any adive/info would be great!
      thanks!

3 Answers Dec 1, 2011 at 5:56 PM
    • JR vs. Subway confusion

Fukuoka-ken Jan 16, 2011 at 10:56 AM

Hello!

Is anyone familiar with rail transportation around Fukuoka? I'm going to be living there for around 3 months, so I'm trying to figure out the details.

From where I'm staying, my destination would be Akasaka station, near the "heart" of the city.

From what I understand, I have 2 options:

I can walk 5 minutes to the local JR station, ride to Hakata station, and then transfer to the Kuko subway line until I reach Akasaka.

OR

I can walk 15 minutes to the Nishitetsu Kaizuka line and ride the same subway train, without transfers, all the way to Akasaka. (At least, that's what it looks like based on their subway map. Please correct me if I'm wrong).

subway.city.fukuoka.lg.jp/en...

Here's my problem: Since I'm going to be staying for 90 days, I'd like to get a 90-day prepaid pass. So, if I choose the first option, will I need to get both a prepaid subway pass AND a prepaid JR pass? Or do they have a "one size fits all" pass that works for both? Both the JR and Subway sites aren't very helpful. Obviously I don't mind walking for 10 more minutes if it means I can save money.

Thank you in advance!

4 Answers Mar 11, 2012 at 1:28 PM
    • CruisingGoddess's Profile Photo

Which tour in Fukuoka?

Fukuoka Sep 30, 2010 at 4:07 PM

I will be in Fukuoka for one day via cruise ship and trying to decide between these 2 tours. Which would you choose?

Tour #1: Kushida Shrine, Yusentai Garden, and Hakata Machiya Folk Museum
      Tour #2: Dazaifu Tenmangu Shrine, Kyushu National Museum

Also, if you have recommendations for a private tour, I'd love to hear those as well.

Thanks in advance!

6 Answers Feb 8, 2011 at 8:44 AM
    • where I can buy the toys, scale model and Action figure in Nagasaki & Fukuoka?

Fukuoka Apr 7, 2010 at 12:12 AM

i intend to visit Nagasaki(長崎) and Fukuoka(福岡) next month. I would like to know where I can buy the toys, scale model and Action figure like Akihabara-eki, Tokyo (東京秋葉原) and Denden Town, Osaka( 大阪), Please help, Thank you very much.

1 Answer Feb 7, 2011 at 10:54 PM
    • mavl's Profile Photo

fukuoka to hiroshima

Fukuoka Mar 10, 2010 at 11:46 PM

hello all,

trying to find out the best (meaning most inexpensive) way to get from fukuoka to hiroshima. arriving at fukuoka airport on a saturday afternoon, if that makes a difference.

thank you in advance!

MAVL

3 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 11:21 PM
    • balramdass's Profile Photo

Fukuoka in a day

Fukuoka Feb 26, 2010 at 6:46 AM

Hi All

can you please suggest ittenary/places to see in a day as we are coming in a cruise ship for a day.
      All replies appreciated
      Bal

2 Answers Feb 7, 2011 at 11:30 PM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Nanzo-In Temple Buddha

Sasaguri Jan 5, 2010 at 11:59 AM

Has anyone heard of this temple in Fukuoka area (Sasaguri)? I'm interested in travelling here in November to shoot some photos of the nehanzo (reclining) buddha--one of the nicer looking buddhas I have ever seen. Is it a hard walk to get here or is there public transport from the train station? Photo-taking is ok? The website I found is all in Japanese, and doesn't translate too well online using normal translations. Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 27, 2010 at 7:12 PM
    • Can I use JR rail pass from Hakata to Nagasaki?

Fukuoka Aug 7, 2009 at 5:40 AM

Can I use JR rail pass from Hakata to Nagasaki? or I have to buy tickets? Thanks

2 Answers Aug 7, 2009 at 11:24 AM
    • masha286's Profile Photo

Isla de Salsa August 8-9, 2009 - need to find a HOTEL

Fukuoka Jul 23, 2009 at 3:12 PM

Need your advice on a budget hotel for a female that could be easily accessed at night. The festival ends around 11p.m. on the 8th of August, and I will use public transportation. (the festival is on the beach right near JAL SeaHawk)

• Best Restaurant in Fukuoka

Fukuoka Dec 8, 2008 at 6:27 AM

Will be spending X'mas Eve/Day in Fukuoka, and would like a recommendation for a real special and nice dinner place - probably something more than just ramen or street stall.

2 Answers Dec 8, 2008 at 7:21 PM
    • No of Days in Fukuoka??

Fukuoka Oct 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Going to Hokkaido for ski trip from 20 Dec to 3 Jan, and I will be stopping over in Fukuoka enroute to Sapporo. Wondering how many days should I spend in Fukuoka/areas around (Aso? Beppu? Kumamoto?). Was thinking of say around 4-5 days (till 25 Dec) then head north to Sapporo. Any ideas/ suggestions as to number of days / itinerary ... any festivals / special things to see/do during winter, etc?? Happy to spend 1-2 more days down South if necessary ...

1 Answer Dec 3, 2008 at 2:19 AM
    • Fukuoka to Beppu

Fukuoka-ken Jun 30, 2008 at 6:27 PM

I'm flying into Fukuoka this September but my flight arrives too late for me to catch the last bus to Beppu (21:42 or 9:42PM). So I was looking for some advice. What do you think is the best way around that? Is there a way for me to get down there that late or a good place to stay in Fukuoka close to the airport with close bus/train access?

• DSwede's Profile Photo

New Year's in Fukuoka

Fukuoka Dec 20, 2007 at 11:46 PM

Last minute planning and contemplating taking a short trip to Fukuoka for New Years. Putting the tourist spots to the side as well as the red lights of Nakasu, would anyone recommend spending NY eve in Fukuoka?

1 Answer Dec 22, 2007 at 12:40 AM
    • dlandt's Profile Photo

Where bnesides Kumamoto to visit?

Fukuoka Oct 18, 2007 at 12:00 PM

I apologize for the multiple postings, but my wife and I will be travelling in Kyushu with our two year old daughter. We have friends in Kumamoto and will be spending the bulk of our time there, but would also like to spend 1-2 nights in another location. Nagasaki and Beppu are the two places which occur to me, but we are open to others. Does anyone else have a good idea, we go for both relaxation and sightseeing.

14 Answers Nov 20, 2008 at 7:36 AM
    • dani_kova's Profile Photo

beaches in japan?

Fukuoka-ken Aug 20, 2007 at 7:51 AM

Hi,
      I was wondering what would be the best beach to visit for a young people. Any
      place where you can get with JR. At the moment me and my friends are staying in
      Kyushu, Karatsu and it doesn`t seem like a right place for us.
      thank you for a reply
      Dani

• Fukuoka worth the stop?

Fukuoka-ken Sep 19, 2006 at 11:35 PM

Hello there..
      I'll be arriving at Fukuoka at 8am..
      My itinerary so far as planned is:

Fukuoka
      Dazaifu/Nagasaki
      Nagasaki/shumbara/kumamoto
      Kumamoto/Mt Aso/Beppu
      Yufuin

Then move on hiroshima...
      Just wondering. Is Fukuoka worth the stop or should i move on to Naga straight away on the first day?
      Also Should I stop at Aso or Beppu?

1 Answer Sep 21, 2006 at 5:04 AM
    • Costco

Fukuoka-ken Aug 29, 2006 at 9:29 AM

I would appreciate it if someone can tell me easiest and quickest way, to get from Hakata Station to Costco. Costco is located in the Torius West Zone in Hisayama, Fukuoka-Ken.

4 Answers Aug 29, 2006 at 7:13 PM
    • ichiban ookii pachinko-ya

Fukuoka-ken Aug 2, 2006 at 7:03 AM

dokoni arimasuka? Please answer in english...lol

1 Answer Aug 2, 2006 at 10:04 AM
    • bkoon's Profile Photo

Nearby places

Fukuoka-ken May 9, 2006 at 3:42 AM

I will be in Kumamoto for 5 days and maybe base myself in Fukuoka for two days. Hence, just wondering whether Fukuoka is a good base for travels out to Beppu, Nagasaki, etc? As I am on a budget, any travel plan/card/pass would you recommend and which are the must go places in the Kyushu region?

I am a bit last minute and I am leaving soon.

Thanks so much.

Awaiting some responses,
      Bee :)))))

6 Answers May 20, 2006 at 3:59 AM