Fukuoka Travel Answers

change location

No of Days in Fukuoka??

by micmik Online Now Oct 31, 2008 at 8:52 PM

Going to Hokkaido for ski trip from 20 Dec to 3 Jan, and I will be stopping over in Fukuoka enroute to Sapporo. Wondering how many days should I spend in Fukuoka/areas around (Aso? Beppu? Kumamoto?). Was thinking of say around 4-5 days (till 25 Dec) then head north to Sapporo. Any ideas/ suggestions as to number of days / itinerary ... any festivals / special things to see/do during winter, etc?? Happy to spend 1-2 more days down South if necessary ...

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: No of Days in Fukuoka??

by deaks1999 Online Now Dec 3, 2008 at 2:19 AM

There is heaps to do on Kyushu Island. Beppu onsens are a full day on their own. Then there is the christian town of Nagasaki (where the chapels are and the historical house of the only gaijin who was allowed to live in Japan a few hundred years ago) and then there is the metropolis of Fukuoka (and I really reccommend a day at dazaifu temple - just great and relaxing!!!!) Then there is Kumamoto castle that is considered the 3rd best castle in Japan. It only takes an hour or 2 or perhaps few hours between all the major cities depending where you are heading to and leaving from. The public transport system is equal to all other major japanese cities and the people of kyushu are just lovely!!!!! Remember to make sure you eat hakata ramen in fukuoka and some yummy castella cake if you make to nagasaki!
    Enjoy ur trip.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines