Fukuoka Travel Answers

change location
amambaw's Profile Photo

Visa run to Fukuoka

by amambaw Online Now Aug 9, 2004 at 3:51 PM

Hello all, I currently work in S. Korea, and am going this weekend to Fukuoka to get my visa processed. A few questions for you knowledgeable Japanese travellers, or those who have been to Japan! Could someone please help me out with language basics? Where is the best place online to find a translator or list for common courtesy phrases (hello, good bye, thank you, please, etc.)? Also, does anyone know if Saturday is considered a working day for public offices? I'm going on Friday, and I'm worried that I won't get there in time to process my visa in one day. The Korean consulate will have my passport, so I won't be able to leave until I get it back!!! Finally, what is the best way to get around Fukuoka: bus, subway or cab? And what were some of your favorite things to see? Hope someone can help! Cheers, Amanda

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • goshawk301's Profile Photo

Re: Visa run to Fukuoka

by goshawk301 Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 11:51 AM

Amanda - I hope this is still in time for your trip. It appears the Korean consulate in Fukuoka is not open on Saturdays: mofat.go.kr/mission/emb/ww_i... Hope the visa thing goes without trouble and at least you have a good weekend in Kyushu :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • amambaw's Profile Photo

Re: Re: Visa run to Fukuoka

by amambaw Online Now Aug 12, 2004 at 3:55 PM

Hi Goshawk, Thanks for the reply! The trip ended up working out so that I don't have to worry about Saturday, and it's been bumped back until next week! I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks for the info. Amanda

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines