Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen Travel Answers

change location
matjung's Profile Photo

Fuji five lakes / Mount Fuji in five days

by matjung Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 8:12 AM

I would like to explore Fuji five lakes / Mount Fuji area for about five days in July or August.
Most travel companies offer one, two or three day trips from Tokyo to Fuji and back.
I am looking for an itinerary that spends some more time in that area.
What are your ideas to spend five days in that area?
Do you remember any budhist temples in that area where one can stay over?
Are there any good will guides available in that area?

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • balhannah's Profile Photo

Re: Fuji five lakes / Mount Fuji in five days

by balhannah Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 10:43 AM

I haven't done this, but did research this for when we went to Tokyo. As it turned out, Mt. Fuji was covered in cloud, so we didn't go. What I had planned, was to take the Train from Tokyo and then do my own thing there. The website I have listed gave lots of good details. Plenty of research, and I decided it was quite an easy area to get around, then just catch the Train back.
    . http://www.japan-guide.com/e/e5200.html
    On the next page of the guide, it shows you how to get around Hakone. All you have to do is find accommodation.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • taigaa001's Profile Photo

by taigaa001 Online Now Mar 26, 2013 at 4:00 PM

My idea is to spend some days in either Lake Kawaguchi-ko or Lake Yamanaka or explore Ice Cave and Wind Cave in Narusawa. Around Fuji Five Lakes area there are some sites for World Heritage candidate Mount Fuji such as Oshino Eight Ponds, Fujiyoshida Sengen Shrine, Funatsu Tainai Shrine. You may find some nice Buddhist temples in Shizuoka side. In Fujinomiya there are Five Fuji Temples such as Taisekiji or Kitayama Honmonji. And in Fuji you may find Jissouji temple interesting. If you explore as far as Mishima you can go to mid Izu area through Izu Hakone Sunzu line. But late July and August Izu may rain hard. All you can do maybe to enjoy being in Onsen resort.

1 member found this helpful

• matjung's Profile Photo

by matjung Online Now Jun 22, 2013 at 2:07 PM

Thank you for your inspiration, I never heard about Ice Cave, wind cave or the eight ponds. I will research that further

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Fuji-Hakone-Izu-kokuritsu-koen