Fujairah Travel Answers

change location
atifjan's Profile Photo

Transportation to Fujairah and Places of Interest

by atifjan Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 12:35 AM

Hi Friends
I'll be comin to Le Meridien Al Aqah Beach Resort in Sep. What iws the best way to travel from Dubai airport to the hotel. I know the hotel transportation will be very expensive, is there a cheaper solution. I'll be arriving Dubai airport early morning. How long will it take to travel from Airport to the Hotel.
Are there nice places to visit during the late evening/night.

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • colin_bramso's Profile Photo

RE: Transportation to Fujairah and Places of Interest

by colin_bramso Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 1:43 AM

Fujeirah is about 130 kilometres from Dubai. You could take an airport taxi, which has a AED20 surcharge then obviously the fare for that distance. Or you could take a taxi to Deira Bus Station and get a mini-bus from there to Fujeirah. I think that costs about AED25.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • dave.richards's Profile Photo

RE: Transportation to Fujairah and Places of Interest

by dave.richards Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 7:20 AM

I have stayed at this hotel several times and I always use the hotel car for the transfer both to, and from, the airport.
    It is not as expensive as you might think, about £40 was the charge last time (I think), each way. If you use the hotel car you will find it more comfortable and the driver more courteous as he will be an hotel employee and so will make sure he treats you well.
    I always hire a car after arrival (Thrifty have a car hire desk there)so I have no problem getting about but without one you will find that you are limited to what is going on at the Meridian as it is a bit like an oasis in the desert (see my comments on the Fujairah page).
    The road towards Khor Fakkan is not the easiest drive at night as part of it is in complete darkness. The locals know the road, you wont, so take care if driving along it.
    The other road is towards Masafi which is a beautiful drive, until it gets dark! Then it turns into a race track so drive it at your peril, again, see my Fujairah page for more details.
    Don't let me put you off the hotel though. I have stayed there 3 times in 4 years and I love it. A beach holiday with loads of sea sports thrown in and a relaxing hotel in the evening with entertainment if you want it.
    PS - keep in with Mohammad, the concierge. he's very good and you'll get some free gifts from him when you leave.
    PPS New 5 star hotels are being buit either side but this shouldn't affect your holiday at all as no noise or dust escapes into the Meridian grounds.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Fujairah