Füssen

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Luxurious Hotel

Bavaria Yesterday

i am looking for a 5-star luxurious Hotel in Bavaria that is rather relaxing. (Similar to Riva hotel in Constance Lake if you have visited before)

more
    • Getting to Weltenberg

Weltenburg Apr 15, 2014 at 4:05 PM

We will be coming from Kelheim and were thinking about hoofing it at some point to the Abbey, and then boating back. Can anyone advise on where to catch a reasonable walking point? And about one way on ferry back?

more
    • Environment zone sticker

Munich Apr 16, 2014 at 5:12 PM

We are renting a car in France and driving to Munich. Hotel is located in environent zone. How hard is it to get a sticker for this. I have heard you can get them at the border. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

more
    • cost taxi fare

Passau Apr 3, 2014 at 12:45 PM

Taxi fare from Passau Railway Stn to Hotel Passaeur Wolf Hotel.

more
    • How would I get here from Munich?

Ettal Mar 23, 2014 at 7:50 AM

Hello,

How would I get to this beautiful town from Munich via the rail system? I will only have my global rail pass during my time in Europe but I have fallen in love with the beauty and peacefulness of Ettal.

Thanks,
      Kaycee

more
    • Munich or Reykjavik??

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 12:19 PM

I'm meeting a friend in Munich 22Aug and my airline ticket I'm booking has a layover in Reykjavik. If possible, I'd love to stay a day in Iceland and explore and meet my friend in Munich a few hours before she lands. Or Land in Munich a day early and explore Munich. I haven't called the airline to see if it's at all possible to extend my layover for the same price, but for those of you who have done both....what are you thoughts? 27Female traveling alone. Reykjavik or Munich for a day?? Things to see, how expensive is food and hotels you recommend? I'm obviously on a budget (aren't we all?) Safety of both? Any and all input is much appreciated!

Cheers!

more
    • Roseninsel

Starnberger See Apr 8, 2014 at 9:05 AM

I really want to see Roseninsel :) I'm note really sure on which S bahn station is better to drop off. Feldafing? Possenhofem? Is it far if I walk from the S station?

more
    • theron7's Profile Photo

6 Hour Layover

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 5:42 AM

1st time visitor here. My son and I, he is 18, have a 6.5 hour layover on Monday, July 30. e want to go into town see a market and then hit a beer garden before continuing on to Athens. Are there any particular Beer gardens that should not be missed and that are easily assessable in our time frame? Thanks for your help!

more
    • Lindau / Lake Konstanz in Easter April 2014

Lindau Mar 26, 2014 at 8:56 AM

We are a couple with a 2 year old daughter and wish to travel to Lindau & Lake Constance in April 2014 during Easter. How is the weather during this period historically and will there be tourists shops / travel boats / restaurants open during this time.
      We want to make Lindau our base with a holiday apartment for 4-5 nights. Any suggestions on nearby excursions / car drives most welcome...will be hiring a car from Memmengin airport.
      Thanks so much for your time.

more
    • cmillard's Profile Photo

Ghotel Hotel & Living Munchen-Zentrum

Munich Apr 12, 2014 at 9:14 PM

Another question regarding this hotel please. We will be taking the train to Venice after we leave Germany. Is this hotel closer to the main train station or to the train station at the airport?

Thank you,
      Mickey

more
    • mountain climbing/hiking

Passau Apr 1, 2014 at 8:06 AM

Looking for a beautiful place to hike/climb not far from Passau. Preferably the alps.

more
    • basstbn's Profile Photo

From boat to train station?

Nürnberg Apr 4, 2014 at 11:17 AM

We will be arriving in Nürnberg (late June) via Viking Cruise Line, and traveling on to Prague. Because we are taking a diversion from the Viking package, we will be on our own regarding transportation to the Nürnberg train or bus station. Can anybody in the VT community tell us how to get from the boat docks to the central stations?

more
    • Help with iternary for Munich and surrounding areas

Munich Apr 2, 2014 at 2:19 PM

I will be in the Munich (thats where my flight lands). I am traveling with my family (2 kids: 9 month and 7 year old). This is my iternary

Date Location

3-Jul Munich

4-Jul Munich

5-Jul Bavarian forest

6-Jul Bavarian forest

7-Jul Bavarian forest/Salsburg

8-Jul Salsburg

9-Jul Salsburg

10-Jul Munich

11-Jul Munich

Does anyone have any suggestion on my iternary.

Please help

Thanks

aatiman

more
    • Student Traveler

Munich Apr 8, 2014 at 6:09 PM

I am a journalism student at the University of South Carolina and will be traveling to Munich and Berlin in May with a class. My group project is to report on unique places in Munich and Berlin. We are looking to go to places that are bizarre or wacky is some aspect (for example: the Currywurst Museum, Peacock Island or Tropical Islands Berlin). Do you have any suggestions or any contacts in either of the two cities? I would really appreciate the help!

Thanks,
      Abbey O'Brien

more
    • Travel to Geiselwind

Geiselwind Apr 13, 2014 at 7:15 AM

How can i go to Geiselwind from Frankfurt airport? Is there any bus or train? How much will i spend for it? What time can i take the bus or train?

more
    • Will Wurzburg train platforms be listed on D bahn?

Würzburg Mar 27, 2014 at 3:03 PM

We are going from Rothenburg to Frankfurt Airport with a connection in Wurzburg. There is little time between trains and no platforms listed. I am wondering how to find out the platform numbers ahead so we don't miss the train.

more
    • Please help me find my roaming gnome!

by thelindy500 Online Now Dec 19, 2013 at 10:16 PM

Hello!

I was walking down the main street in the town around Neuschwanstein, right in front of the ticket office for the castles, and ducked into a souvenir store at the beginning of the street (on the right). I bought a small, 1" tall gnome with a camera. I started a photo project with him, taking him all over Europe with me, but sadly he fell out of my bag right before the end! I returned, but could only find one dressed in blue and pouring booze. Does anyone know the brand or where I can order another one?

I'd love if anyone can give me any leads to get a new one! Thanks in advance for any help!

6 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:33 PM
    • An excellent shop which sells vinegar, spread and honey

by cicelyshum Online Now Oct 11, 2013 at 2:58 PM

In June 2013, I visited Fussen and bought some vinegar and wasabi spread. The taste was excellent. I really want to know if anyone can tell me the name, phone number and website of this shop as I have finished eating the unique wasabi spread! I want to order online but I don't know the name of this shop. This small shop sells a lot of vinegar, some wine, spread and honey. It is in the main shopping square in Fussen. Can anyone help?

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • steve1150gs's Profile Photo

Paragliding Fussen

by steve1150gs Online Now Jun 12, 2013 at 4:19 PM

Are you able to do tandem jumps off the mountain still I did it a few years ago and would love to do it again and so would my partner, can you still just go to the ski lift and meet the guy`s there and pay for a jump? and if so how mdoes it cost?

1 Answer Mar 20, 2014 at 4:45 PM
    • tracyskf's Profile Photo

Day trip to Neuschwanstein Castle

by tracyskf Online Now Apr 7, 2013 at 9:51 AM

I am planning to visit on a Thursday in June (day trip from Munich). Plan to arrive by 10 AM, depart back to Munich by 4 PM (as I need to catch a train onwards to Wurzburg from Munich)

I read on the website that I can pre-order ticket ahead. Looking for suggestion on:
      - what time should I order ticket (English tour) as I read there is some climb uphill required?
      - how much time do I allocate for climb uphill (moderate fitness level only)?
      - anything specific to take note of in terms of arriving via train?
      - how many hours is sufficient to see the castle and are photos allowed inside?
      - is there any spot recommended to stop for good photos for the entire castle?
      - any other useful tips appreciated

VT'ers told me about the Bavarian ticket which I am aiming to get on the spot. =)

Danke!

5 Answers Apr 7, 2013 at 12:54 PM
    • Fussen to Bern?

by canditwin Online Now Mar 29, 2013 at 3:09 PM

Can I get a train that goes from Fussen to Bern? How far is Bern from Fussen?

4 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Forggensee in May?

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 3:51 PM

Have heard that Forggensee does drain out at times during the year to avoid flooding... Does anyone know what it will look like in May? Will it be a brown patch or will it still be scenic? Don't want to cycle around the lake if there's not going to be any water!
      Appreciate any advice.

3 Answers Mar 9, 2013 at 3:39 AM
    • JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Marienbrücke accessibility

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Was hoping somebody could confirm that Marienbrücke remains open at all times, or does it have specific opening hours? I know it's free, but can you get on there say very early in the morning or at sunset?
      Thanks!

4 Answers Mar 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM
    • ElianeDelp's Profile Photo

Going to Fussen in october

by ElianeDelp Online Now Jul 1, 2012 at 4:32 PM

Hi, I'm intending to stay in Fussen at 1st october, maybe for 2 nights before
      going to Austria, I'll be travelling alone, is it good and safe to stay there?

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:46 PM
    • Fussen to Frankfurt

by winnick Online Now Mar 5, 2012 at 7:38 AM

We are looking to drop our car in Fussen and train up to Frankfort for flight home. Any suggestions on best routing or thoughts?

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • Train in December from Munich

by deaf1dog Online Now Mar 2, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I have been searching all day and can not find anything on the train running from Munich to Fussen after December 8th, 2012. The schedule on the train site ends at December 8th, 2012. Does anyone know if it runs past then and it just hasn't been updated. i know the castle is open. We would much rather take the train than a tour bus. Any help would be greatly appreciated. We plan on coming on the 9th or 10th. Our crusie doesn't get into Nuremburg until the 8th.

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 4:47 PM
    • FIND A WAY TO FUSSEN

by dkj Online Now Feb 17, 2012 at 7:54 PM

I am coming to Fussen in march and coming from Milan.
      Really want to come into Fussen from west Kemptnere or Innsbruck. Are there trains or busses that come into Fussen without going through Munich first. I want to go from Fussen to Munich but want to come from Innsbruck or Kemptner
      Thanks in advance for any suggestions

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:01 PM
    • Fussen in November and on a Sunday

by sabcool Online Now Sep 20, 2011 at 3:27 AM

Dear All .... are then any suggestions as to what we can do for the day in Fussen, being a Sunday I can remember most of the shops are closed and ofcourse it will be winter (hopefully snowing) that time...

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:03 PM
    • johndoe78's Profile Photo

Schalke 04 - Inter - where to watch the soccer game?

by johndoe78 Online Now Apr 7, 2011 at 10:42 AM

Hi,
      I am going to be in Fussen in 13/4, the day schalke 04 will make history and will go the next level in the champions league
      Is there a bar or a pub which you recommend to be that evening :-) ??

Thanks!

2 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • Fussen and surroundings

by drosg Online Now Feb 18, 2011 at 4:51 AM

Hi friends,

I'm going to spend a long week end in Fussen and I'd like very much to receive your recommendations. My boyfriend and I have rented a car, so we can drive where you recommend us ;)

Thanks a lot and regards,

Dolores

4 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:07 PM
    • Georgettte's Profile Photo

Luggage in train

by Georgettte Online Now Oct 12, 2010 at 5:51 AM

We're planning to stop by Fussen on our way to Cologne from Munich,travelling by train.We're only staying there for the day.Is there any chance we could leave our luggage in a protected area in the train station so that we don't have to carry it around with us?
      thank you in advance

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:08 PM
    • Neuschwanstein Castle

by Lenalch Online Now Sep 5, 2010 at 9:54 PM

I will in Fussen for two days (5/6 Oct)and like to see Neusch castle, but from the info; is best, to book in advance due to overcrowding of tourist. Is Fussen overcrowded with tourist around this time.
      1. Will I enable to book the ticket on the same day?
      2. also what the best route and transport should I take from Hotel Kurcafe.

any suggestions or advice is most appreciate
      Lena - singapore

4 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 7:27 AM
    • travelling to fussen

by yapsh Online Now Aug 3, 2010 at 1:35 AM

I would like to get a train to fussen can some pls tell me where i can get the train from apart from munich
      n how many days will u need to see fussen thks
      yap

11 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:12 PM
    • Hellfirejen's Profile Photo

Places to watch the World Cup in Fuessen/Schwangau

by Hellfirejen Online Now Jun 27, 2010 at 10:57 AM

Hi guys

Does anyone know where I can watch the World Cup in Fuessen or Schwangau? I know i'm English but i'm so embarrassed about our attitude to football I tend to follow Germany so am extremely happy with today's result! :)

Would love to see the team beat Mexico/Argentina with other germans while i'm over there so if anyone knows of anywhere that may be showing it, please let me know.

Thank you!

Jen

2 Answers Jun 27, 2010 at 4:43 PM
    • How to go to Sleeping Beauty Castle.

by marysabeatriz Online Now Jun 26, 2010 at 8:45 AM

I want to know if the only way to get Sleeping Beauty Castle is on foot, because I have some problems to walk, specially uphill.
      Thanks,
      Marysa

4 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:13 PM
    • Stroller's Profile Photo

Neuschwanstein Castle - hotel, parking, etc

by Stroller Online Now Jun 2, 2010 at 1:55 PM

Hi,

I'm thinking of driving from Switzerland to see the Neuschwanstein Castle. I plan to get there the night before and visit the Castle the next day. I'll appreciate it if someone could recommend a not too expensive hotel. It doesn't have to very close to the castle. Somewhere easy to park my car will be nice.

Also, is the castle open every day? Will there be a long queue for the ticket?

Many thanks in advance for your advice.

8 Answers Mar 21, 2014 at 7:44 AM
    • Fussen Fabric/Curtain Shop

by lgaeding Online Now May 18, 2010 at 9:26 AM

I was recently shopping in Fussen's old square and spotted a shear valance in the window of a fabric/curtain shop (next to a children's shop), however, the shop was closed. I was hoping to get the name of the shop and contact them. Can anyone help?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:20 PM
    • Sojna's Profile Photo

Boat trips on the Forggensee lake

by Sojna Online Now May 17, 2010 at 7:46 AM

Hello! Does anyone have more infos about boat trips, from Fussen, on the Forggensee lake? Where is the point of departure, how long a boat trip lasts and what is the usual fare? I can stay at Fussen only for four hours, do you think that this is enough for taking a boat trip?

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:34 PM
    • travel and accomodation in ulm and fussen

by indisas Online Now Apr 30, 2010 at 9:31 AM

PLEASE LET ME KNOW THE BEST WAY TO REACH ULM.CAN YOU SUGGEST A REASONABLE ACCOMODATION NEAR THE STATION.PLEASE ALSO SUGGEST A HOLIDAY HOME STAY NEAR STATION IN FUSSEN WITH BEAUTIFUL VIEWS.

4 Answers May 1, 2010 at 2:11 AM
    • Hellfirejen's Profile Photo

Fussen over Christmas 2010

by Hellfirejen Online Now Apr 11, 2010 at 5:47 AM

Hi guys,

So i'm going back to Fuessen again, this time over Christmas. I have never been in winter so have a few questions, i'm grateful for any help you can give!

Firstly, how does Christmas work in Bavaria, is it likely that we may find a restaurant to book for Christmas dinner, or would we be better buying our own food in? We are staying in a self catering guesthouse.

Also, i have heard that you can take sleigh rides near Schwangau, where would I be able to find information to book this?

We are flying over, and will do the main bulk of the journey by train, but when we get to Fuessen we wondered if it would be safe to get a rental car. I am assuming it will be snowy and icy and although my partner is used to driving in these conditions, we wondered if the roads are cleared and safe to drive on or if it is better to stick with taxis and trains.

Last one, is there anywhere we definately should visit? I would like to visit Oberammergau again as I imagine it would be nice over the Christmas period.

We are there for a week and although I have been to the area many many times, this is my first winter visit so I would like to do as much as I can!

Thank you guys!

(And thank you Globetrott, i'm going to guess you may reply :) - you're help is always appreciated!)

3 Answers Apr 12, 2010 at 10:28 PM
    • how to get from fussen to oberammagau

by bernieandgordon Online Now Nov 11, 2009 at 2:55 PM

is it possible to visit oberammergau in a day returning to fussen?

3 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:35 PM
    • Winter tyres required in january in Fussen ????

by fussen Online Now Oct 28, 2009 at 7:19 AM

Can anyone please let me know if they have been to fussen in the winter and if so is it sensible to hire a car or is it impossible to drive ? Also would I need winter tyres. Has anyone travelled from memmingen to fussen by bus or train and if so was it a night mare with luggage and family ?

Answers much appreciated x

6 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • aventos's Profile Photo

4 days in the area: what to do?

by aventos Online Now Jul 17, 2009 at 2:51 AM

Hello,
      we are travelling to memmingen airport in a few days. We will spend 4 days in the region and we are trying to organise a small trip around. I think we should visit Füssen and the castles, but where else can we go? We are renting a car: is it a good idea? We want to see mountains, hike a little bit, swim in lakes, etc. We are not visiting München.
      Please, can you give some advice on:
      -places to stay (the 4 days in a place or change location every night?)
      -places to visit
      -car renting (is it a good idea?)
      -any suggestion!
      THANK YOU VERY MUCH!
      Anna

6 Answers Jul 25, 2009 at 1:00 AM
    • Afternoon tour to Neuschwanstein Castle

by tpg Online Now Apr 24, 2009 at 9:57 PM

Most,if not all,tours from Munich to this castle starts at 9.30am.Are there any late morning or afternoon tours? If I make it on my own to Fussen station at around noon,is there a tour bus to the castle if I do not wish to take the public bus and would like to avoid the walk up the slope from the bus stop? How much would a taxi ride cost?

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:38 PM
    • Maryimelda's Profile Photo

Boat Tour Lake Forggen

by Maryimelda Online Now Apr 22, 2009 at 9:13 PM

Can anyone give me any info on the boat tours of Lake Forggen please? I can't seem to find anything specific online only that there are two boats the MV Fuessen and the MV Allgaeu. I'm looking for time tables and prices not to mention reviews (naturally).

5 Answers May 21, 2009 at 5:12 PM
    • gciaglo's Profile Photo

Buses from Memmingen (Allgaeu Airport) to Fussen

by gciaglo Online Now Apr 20, 2009 at 7:44 AM

Thank you for the replies on a train from Memmingen (Allgaeu Airport) to Fussen. I'm wondering if it might be quicker to take a bus to Fussen or rent a car?

Cheers,

Greg

5 Answers Mar 20, 2014 at 5:39 PM