Füssen Travel Answers

change location
JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

Marienbrücke accessibility

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Mar 1, 2013 at 11:11 PM

Was hoping somebody could confirm that Marienbrücke remains open at all times, or does it have specific opening hours? I know it's free, but can you get on there say very early in the morning or at sunset?
Thanks!

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • vtveen's Profile Photo

Re: Marienbrücke accessibility

by vtveen Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 3:10 AM

Most probably the Marienbrücke will be open in winter. There is even a bus to that point (except if there is snow or ice on the roads). See also: neuschwanstein.de/englisch/t...

happy travels
    Jaap

1 member found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • alza's Profile Photo

by alza Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 3:16 AM

Hi Johan,

Until someone can confirm, perhaps my experience will be helpful.

I went to the bridge twice, once past sunset, and we were told that the bridge is accessible at all times, weather permitting (not under heavy snow or rain, for example.)

I know for sure that the bridge was also accessible very early in the morning but I didn't join the early risers myself.

My last visit was a few years ago but I doubt that this general accessibility has changed.

Enjoy Fũssen and that beautiful area!

2 members found this helpful

• Turtleshell's Profile Photo

by Turtleshell Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 5:51 AM

Alza is right.
    Sometimes, Marienbrücke can indeed be closed, not because there are opening hours of some sort, but due to weather and/or safety issues caused by e.g. ice.

When I was there in February last year, Marienbrücke was closed with snow and ice being the reason, but others and myself thought we could ignore the warning and the "do not cross" tape.

Judging from your profile pic, you wouldn't have to worry and could ignore the warning at your own risk as well, but things are certainly different for a 70-year old.

1 member found this helpful

• JohanIsWeg's Profile Photo

by JohanIsWeg Online Now Mar 2, 2013 at 3:13 PM

Thanks, that is exactly what I wanted to know :)

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines