Frigiliana Travel Answers

change location

Temperature (unheated) swimming pools in May

by Strikkie Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 12:51 AM

We’re going to Andalucía in May
We’re looking for a house with a private swimming pool (in Frigliana, Nerja or Lake Vinuela)
Do we need a heated pool in May? Or is the water temperature good for swimming in the unheated pools?
Our 2 years old kid also wants to swim :)

Quote & Answer
2 Answers
  • johnincornwall's Profile Photo

Re: Temperature (unheated) swimming pools in May

by johnincornwall Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 4:27 AM

May will be fine for the pool. April can be a bit chilly but by May you should be fine - except my missus of course who gets in toe by toe at anything less than 39 degrees C. Heated pools are fine of course but add about £100-£200 on the weekly cost. The poolside heat will probably drive you into th pool by May anyway.

For your villa try:

www.ownersdirect.co.uk

For heavens sake dont throw money away on agencies like James Villas! :-)

Lots of owners have a decent selection of pool toys and stuff for various ages. It may be worth your while discussing this in your e-mails to owners, to save you carrying or buying too many swimming aids. Of course anything you do buy can be left if it wont fit in your luggage.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • ranger49's Profile Photo

Re: Temperature (unheated) swimming pools in May

by ranger49 Online Now Feb 2, 2012 at 4:28 AM

My experience of that area is that pools (specially full-sized ones) are generally still chilly in May but we have taken the plunge and children seemed not to feel the cold!. It partly depends how much chance the water has had to warm up in the preceeding months - an April heat wave and you could be lucky but I'm not sure how the higher altitude at the Lake would affect pool temperature. It must be a good 1500ft above sea level there.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines