Frigiliana Travel Answers

change location

family food shopping

by jodie72 Online Now Feb 18, 2007 at 10:21 AM

hi, were are coming to stay in Frigiliana in july and I have been gathering info about the area -looks fab, this is our first family holiday abroad and we have small children so want to make sure we can get some basic food items in on arrival, is there a food shop open on a sunday? as this is our day of arrival...we arrive morning. any advice would be great

Quote & Answer
1 Answer
  • Re: family food shopping

by michellesmile Online Now Mar 31, 2007 at 6:51 PM

I live in Nerja, so not too far away. I don't think you'll find much open in Frigiliana on a Sunday, but I could be wrong. What should be open in Nerja is Supersol (in High season they're allowed to open on Sundays)until either 2 or 4 o'clock. There is an English Food Shop in Nerja, Russells that does Welcome packs with basics for this purpose, but I think it would be reliant on whether someone could collect it for you from the shop as I'm not sure if they'll be opening on Sundays (as they've not been here for a year yet, so not sure what they'll be doing in Summer). If you want to email me in a few days I'll see if I can find out in the meantime whether they´ll be open.Otherwise are you renting from an agent/could the owners arrange for some basics to be in the fridge/cupboards for you to reimburse them on arrival? It might be worth asking them-it will save the hunting around on arrival, which after the flight you might appreciate not having to do. I'll see what I can find out, if you want to contact me direct I'll let you know: michelle@smilenerja.com

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines