change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular French Polynesia Travel Answer Locations

• Parking at cruie port at Papeete

Papeete Aug 24, 2015 at 11:41 AM

IS overnight parking available for a rental car at the cruise port?

1 Answer Aug 24, 2015 at 1:07 PM
    • Cruise Port parking

Papeete Aug 23, 2015 at 5:58 PM

IS there overnight parking for rental cars?

• scuba diving advice

Moorea Jul 22, 2015 at 11:56 AM

We are traveling to Moorea in Sept 2015. We heard the coral reef is dead due to Oli cyclone and a predator starfish. Is this true?

Also, we'd like diving company recommendations. I've read mixed reviews on TOP Dive.

Thanks!

• Two days in Tahiti

Tahiti Jun 13, 2015 at 5:27 AM

Are there great beaches near Papeete or on Tahiti? Should we take a day trip (ferry) to Moorea?

3 Answers Jun 13, 2015 at 9:43 PM
    • What to get married in Moorea Tahiti soon, can anyone preform a spiritual service, officiant etc.

Tahiti Apr 11, 2015 at 8:48 AM

We are looking to get married in Moorea Tahiti the week of April 20th to 28th 2015 at our rental home, looking for a Universal Life minister, officiant, or similar to preform a simple service at our location and photographer please reply to my email Tahoegirl007@gmail.com Extra special day for us and I want to make it memorable, we are NOT interested in the Traditional Tahitian Style Wedding.

• Finding a minister

Bora-Bora Mar 29, 2015 at 9:54 PM

We are hoping to find a minister/associate minister who would be willing to conduct a christian ceremony with vows while we are in Bora Bora in late May. We have the legalities taken care of and even the ceremony is planned out, and all we are missing is a officiant who shares our beliefs. (which is very important to us if we can find someone). We have contacted the wedding coordinator at the Le Meridian where we are staying, but they only provide the folklore weddings and the same people who run those are the ones they are providing for a western ceremony. If anyone has any contacts (email or phone) in Bora Bora (or even Moorea, Taha'a, or Huahine) to a protestant/christian minister or any of the local churches of similar faith, I would greatly appreciate any help you can give. The catholic church will only marry Catholics and I read there used to be a Presbyterian and a Baptist church on the island but not sure what is there today and how I might contact them or find an updated phone directory/yellow pages type of information exists to be able to look up someone who we can work with. Thank you to anyone who can point me in the right direction!

1 Answer Jun 1, 2015 at 1:11 PM
    • jeanacm's Profile Photo

are there honeymoon options that are more affordable than others?

French Polynesia Feb 1, 2015 at 5:18 PM

My fiance and I are interested in having our honeymoon in the French Polynesia area. He's especially interested in Tahiti, though the expense concerns me. He's got his heart set on staying in an over water bungalow, and he's more of the loungey lazy, "soak in the scenery" type. I'd like to also incorporate a fair amount of photography, and site seeing - I love cool architecture and different shopping areas. I like to be in the midst of the more authentic areas (at least for some of my site seeing)
      Money is a concern. We will be flying out of the washington DC area - I know this will be an expensive trip, however, are there some places that offer this mixture for a better cost than others?

I'd really like to get your opinions!!

Thanks!

• Grocery stores

Moorea Jan 12, 2015 at 1:28 PM

Do they have grocery stores all over Moorea so you can cook for yourself?

2 Answers Jan 14, 2015 at 10:49 PM
    • Money for food

Bora-Bora Jan 4, 2015 at 11:43 AM

r. How much money should I bring for a 5 night stay for dinner and lunch

3 Answers Jun 1, 2015 at 1:16 PM
    • vehicle rental

Nuku Hiva Dec 24, 2014 at 4:19 AM

Do you know of some car rentals in Nuku Hiva who would meet us at the dock
      with the vehicle? We had a 4WD rented, but since the cruise line changed the itinerary,
      I haven't been able to contact the company to change our date. I wonder if it being Jan 1,
      2015, makes any difference. Thank you for helping.
      Janet

• AnaLuiza's Profile Photo

Tahiti in January

Tahiti Nov 25, 2014 at 8:10 AM

I am planning a trip to Bora Bora and Papeete with my husband in January.
      How is the weather there in January? Should we go somewhere else instead, because of possible rain?
      January is the best time for us and Tahiti is a dream!

4 Answers Dec 15, 2014 at 4:11 PM
    • rsgoers's Profile Photo

Has anyone been to Nuku Hiva?

Nuku Hiva Nov 19, 2014 at 2:48 PM

What was your impression of the island, where did you stay and what did you do?

1 Answer Nov 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM
    • mosquito repellent

Moorea Nov 11, 2014 at 6:34 AM

best place to pick up the jungle strength mosquito repellent?

1 Answer Nov 11, 2014 at 10:05 AM
    • ExcitedTraveler5's Profile Photo

Taking food into Tahiti

Tahiti Sep 8, 2014 at 10:06 PM

Can we take chips, crackers, cheese, biscuits into Tahiti? Also what about cans of soft drink?
      Is there anything else people have taken in?
      Thanks

1 Answer Sep 9, 2014 at 2:39 AM
    • Larissadotcom's Profile Photo

Not on our honeymoon... boredom perhaps?

Bora-Bora Aug 5, 2014 at 8:56 AM

Hello all,
      Going to Bora Bora mid October for a few weeks. This is NOT our honeymoon but as my husband calls it "a normal vacation". We are concerned of the quiet island life and are wondering if we will be bored. We enjoy pubs, dancing, good wine & food. Will we be disappointed by the lack of night life here?

7 Answers Aug 5, 2014 at 12:02 PM
    • Beach near Papeete

Papeete Jul 28, 2014 at 6:13 PM

We are arriving in Papeete on September 10th and have a morning tour. Is there a close beach to the cruise terminal that we could take a taxi to in the afternoon? What would be the cost? The ship leaves at 18:00. Thank you.

• Airport transfer

Tahiti Jul 13, 2014 at 7:19 AM

What is the best way to get from the airport to the Radisson Tahiti? I'm not sure if renting a car is better than getting a taxi or limo etc. Thank you.

4 Answers Jul 13, 2014 at 12:53 PM
    • GracesTrips's Profile Photo

Boat from Papeete to Moorea

Moorea Jul 8, 2014 at 9:46 AM

I have been receiving conflicting information regarding how long it takes to travel from Papeete to Moorea. If we take a ferry, how long does it take? Is there other mode of transportation to Moorea (ie. faster boat) and what would that cost and how long would that take? Thanks for your help!

3 Answers Jul 9, 2014 at 9:46 PM
    • Taxis tours

Bora-Bora Jul 8, 2014 at 7:05 AM

Are there services to take you to the ferries once you are off the cruise ship?

1 Answer Jul 8, 2014 at 1:01 PM
    • what foods are you allowed to bring into tahiti

Tahiti Jul 7, 2014 at 4:36 PM

what foods are you allowed to bring into tahiti

2 Answers Jul 8, 2014 at 1:24 AM
    • Transport from Airport

Tahiti May 14, 2014 at 10:08 PM

Hi I was wondering what the cheapest way is to get from Faaa airport to Papara.
      Im planning a quick 3 night stop over trip. The accomodation I'm most likely to book offer a shuttle service for 6000XPF each way per person. This sounds quite pricey to me as the ride is only half an hour.

Could someone please let me know what the cheapest way is to get to Papara?

Thanks

• Hawaiian Shirts

Moorea May 2, 2014 at 3:35 PM

Are Hawaiian Shirts OK to wear during our stay in Moorea and Bora Bora?
      If not , any suggestions would be most appreciated.

1 Answer May 2, 2014 at 3:54 PM
    • Moorea Activities

French Polynesia Apr 30, 2014 at 7:41 AM

My wife and I will be visiting Moorea later this year for 3 days and would love to do the following: Circle Island Guided Tour and a day trip to Papeete using the Jet Turbine Ferry.
      Can anyone recommend Tour Operators for the Island Tour?
      Any hints for the Ferry ride?
      We will be staying at the Hilton in Moorea.
      Any information would be very much appreciated. Thank You.

4 Answers Apr 30, 2014 at 4:01 PM
    • From Papeete airport to Moorea ferry in a little under an hour?

French Polynesia Apr 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Hi I fly from Raiatea to Papeete on May 22. The flight arrives at 4:35. I am wondering if I will have enough time to get my bags and get to the ferry to Moorea. I believe the last ferry to Moorea is at 5:30. Thanks

• Grocery Markets In Uturoa

Raiatea Apr 1, 2014 at 11:49 AM

We are planning to self provision a sail boat. Is the grocery or supermarket in Uturoa open on Saturday afternoons and Sundays? What is the name of the market? Thank you

1 Answer Apr 1, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • Tahita, Moorea and Bora Bora - is this possible in one week

Bora-Bora Mar 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM

My husband and I have one week to see Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Is this possible? Or should we just stick to Tahiti and Moorea? We're arriving in PPT on a Sat. and leaving the next Sat. We have never been to the South Pacific and I don't know when or if we'll ever be back again.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    • 25thAnniversary's Profile Photo

Waterfall in Moorea

Moorea Feb 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Is there any tours that go to the waterfall in Moorea ?

4 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Beaches in Tahiti

Tahiti Feb 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there any nude beaches in Tahiti? Just curious. Me and my partner in crime, of Battle Mountain, will be staying at Le Meridien in Papeete.

Thanks,
      Jay
      battlemountain.wordpress.com...

• travel dates

Bora-Bora Feb 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Best time of year to go?

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • Cash passports

Bora-Bora Feb 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I am going to Bora Bora from the Uk and am lead to believe that I can load one of these cards with sterling and withdraw local currency from an ATM or use for purchases

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM