Travel Answers
French Polynesia

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular French Polynesia Travel Answer Locations

• From Papeete airport to Moorea ferry in a little under an hour?

French Polynesia Apr 16, 2014 at 3:57 PM

Hi I fly from Raiatea to Papeete on May 22. The flight arrives at 4:35. I am wondering if I will have enough time to get my bags and get to the ferry to Moorea. I believe the last ferry to Moorea is at 5:30. Thanks

• Grocery Markets In Uturoa

Raiatea Apr 1, 2014 at 11:49 AM

We are planning to self provision a sail boat. Is the grocery or supermarket in Uturoa open on Saturday afternoons and Sundays? What is the name of the market? Thank you

1 Answer Apr 1, 2014 at 1:34 PM
    • Tahita, Moorea and Bora Bora - is this possible in one week

Bora-Bora Mar 6, 2014 at 5:23 PM

My husband and I have one week to see Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Is this possible? Or should we just stick to Tahiti and Moorea? We're arriving in PPT on a Sat. and leaving the next Sat. We have never been to the South Pacific and I don't know when or if we'll ever be back again.

5 Answers Mar 6, 2014 at 5:59 PM
    • 25thAnniversary's Profile Photo

Waterfall in Moorea

Moorea Feb 23, 2014 at 6:41 PM

Is there any tours that go to the waterfall in Moorea ?

4 Answers Feb 27, 2014 at 8:54 AM
    • Beaches in Tahiti

Tahiti Feb 18, 2014 at 11:46 AM

Are there any nude beaches in Tahiti? Just curious. Me and my partner in crime, of Battle Mountain, will be staying at Le Meridien in Papeete.

Thanks,
      Jay
      battlemountain.wordpress.com...

• travel dates

Bora-Bora Feb 18, 2014 at 7:20 AM

Best time of year to go?

3 Answers Feb 18, 2014 at 8:48 AM
    • Cash passports

Bora-Bora Feb 10, 2014 at 6:47 AM

I am going to Bora Bora from the Uk and am lead to believe that I can load one of these cards with sterling and withdraw local currency from an ATM or use for purchases

2 Answers Feb 10, 2014 at 12:55 PM
    • Cash passports

Bora-Bora Feb 10, 2014 at 5:26 AM

Has anyone used a prepaid cash passport either to get money from an ATM or to pay for goods in Bora bora?

1 Answer Feb 10, 2014 at 6:17 AM
    • moorea car rental

Moorea Feb 8, 2014 at 10:13 AM

we are arriving on a cruise ship on easter sunday. What is best way to rent a car? Is there a spot where the ship tenders dock?

1 Answer Feb 8, 2014 at 1:36 PM
    • whats it like

Bora-Bora Feb 5, 2014 at 9:23 AM

what is it like in bora bora what is the 7 funnest things u did thier

2 Answers Feb 5, 2014 at 7:28 PM
    • car rental in Papette downtown

Papeete Feb 4, 2014 at 7:17 PM

does anyone know if there are car rentals near the pier?

• Looking for a low cost car rental from downtown. Arriving by cruise ship for 4 days.

Tahiti Jan 13, 2014 at 2:24 PM

Does anyone know of a good low cost mileage free car rental from downtown Papette?

1 Answer Jan 13, 2014 at 4:55 PM
    • Is it worth the price?

Bora-Bora Dec 12, 2013 at 7:53 AM

Is staying in Bora Bora worth the cost? i could go to Paris for less.

3 Answers Jan 6, 2014 at 11:38 AM
    • Albert Store Moorea

Moorea Dec 9, 2013 at 11:10 AM

I am trying to find the address of the little pearl store directly across the street from the entrance into the Intercontinental Resort on Moorea. The owner is into every type of business from ATV rentals to tours but his wife and daughter run this little pearl store that also sells Coke and milk. My wife is so happy with the multicolored pearl necklace that we bought there last November that she MUST send a thank you card.

2 Answers Dec 17, 2013 at 11:37 AM
    • Bora bora Pearl to Vaitape

Bora-Bora Nov 16, 2013 at 10:55 AM

Hey!!! I was just curious to know how getting to Vaitape from The pearl Works? Also if buying beer in the village is there any issues bringing it back to the hotel?

Thanks Dave

1 Answer Nov 16, 2013 at 11:45 AM
    • I want to know about a place full of natural wonders

Bora-Bora Nov 4, 2013 at 7:38 PM

I want to know about a place full of natural wonders, and I want to know what´s natural variety in Bora Bora?

2 Answers Nov 11, 2013 at 2:22 PM
    • seventh day adventist family?

French Polynesia Oct 28, 2013 at 1:14 PM

My wife and I would like to stay with a seventh day adventist family while in french polynesia. Could you help us in this respect?

4 Answers Oct 28, 2013 at 1:57 PM
    • Taha'a or Bora Bora

Bora-Bora Oct 16, 2013 at 12:15 AM

I am not sure whether to stay on Taha'a or Bora Bora.
      They both look amazing however Taha'a looks exclusive and the surrounding water looks better in some photos although it is more expensive for the hotel! Bora Bora looks like more activities and fun but just need some advice.

1 Answer Oct 16, 2013 at 8:13 AM
    • EzzaK's Profile Photo

Domestic Travel: Book Beforehand or on island?

French Polynesia Sep 22, 2013 at 2:43 PM

Hi,

Just wondering what everyones experience with domestic air travel has been regarding booking beforehand or if it is best to book whilst there? We are going from end of October to mid-November, including Moorea (from Tahitit via ferry) and would like to hop over to Bora Bora. I would like to add Huanine or Maupitit but Huanine seems trickier. I'm a go-with-the-flow traveller and hate having to be somewhere by a certain time when I am enjoying a place, but don't want to miss out on some islands.

Thanks for your help!

E.

• which island is besr ..aller round?

Moorea Sep 19, 2013 at 7:47 PM

What does moorea have that bora bora doesn't? If you were going to visit , which is the best of the two?

1 Answer Sep 20, 2013 at 6:01 AM
    • Starwoods Credit Card best option or no?

Bora-Bora Sep 19, 2013 at 9:10 AM

Trying to balance out rewards from card vs the fee (2.7%) what shoudl I do?

Leaving on Sunday....

4 Answers Sep 19, 2013 at 10:50 AM
    • Tahiti vacation packages

French Polynesia Sep 6, 2013 at 12:25 PM

Recently married, my husband and I are looking at Tahiti packages and there are so many. Packages that include breakfast, and/or activities/excursion. Do you recommend certain things in particular that we should look for? (ie if meals are expensive, to have meals or breakfast included)

2 Answers Sep 6, 2013 at 12:49 PM
    • How long is the ride from Vaitape toHilton Nui ?

Bora-Bora Jul 31, 2013 at 7:39 AM

We will like to visit the Hilton Nui, we know we have to take the shuttle boat, but dont know how long will the ride take from Vaitape to Hilton Nui.
      Thanks for your reply

3 Answers Aug 3, 2013 at 2:54 PM
    • Avoid Tahiti is what you're saying?

Tahiti Jul 22, 2013 at 7:29 PM

is that what the poster is really saying that the entire island is a tourist trap?

4 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 10:30 PM
    • cleocohen123's Profile Photo

What are the best countries to visit in January? (the hottest ones)

French Polynesia Jul 21, 2013 at 4:19 AM

I am just looking for a beautiful country/resort to stay at for a holiday in January 2014 with my boyfriend. I'm looking for heat between 25-40 Degrees Celsius, I love the hot weather. I don't mind humidity but i prefer sunshine of course.
      I don't really have a budget so feel free to say anything that comes to mind!! I just want a country with low rainfall but hot weather!
      I know my location says French Polynesia but I really want any country/part of the world.

Also, I live in Australia so preferably not my own country as I want to visit a new and exciting one!
      THANKS GUYS AND GIRLS!! 3

4 Answers Jul 22, 2013 at 5:16 AM
    • Hilton Nui - LA to Tahiti Flight details

Bora-Bora Jul 10, 2013 at 11:53 AM

We are staying at the Hilton Nui and need more info please. What does it cost to use the entertainment consoles on the Air Tahiti flight from LA to Tahiti? What is the cost of any of the in flight meals? What type of snack foods does the store on the main island have? Like chips, pretzels, cupcakes, pastries, trail mix, cookies...?? We have some mobility issues so.... What is the distance from the restaurant to the OWB 104? Has anyone had any luck confirming a specific OWB? Near which OWB is the ice machine? Are there loungers on the beach? I've read conflicting reports so.. can you or can you not empty the mini fridge and use it for your personal items, then replace the stuff before you leave to avoid being charged for it?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2013 at 12:57 PM
    • Bora Bora,Moorea and Tahiti

French Polynesia Jul 8, 2013 at 9:38 AM

We will be one day on each Island and would like to know your recommendations on tours; we are a senior couple that do not dive, but would love to get the most of our time on each Island. Also are the tours company in Bora Bora the same as Moorea and Tahiti ?
      Thank you for your replies

5 Answers Jul 8, 2013 at 5:52 PM
    • cheapest flight.

Bora-Bora Jun 24, 2013 at 7:22 AM

Hello .. i am greek and i my dream is to go to bora bora but i dont want t spend 5K only for flight.. DO you know if i can go t bora bora from another european country .with cheaper flights? THANKS :)

3 Answers Jun 24, 2013 at 7:48 AM
    • Moorea to Papeete Ferry

Tahiti Jun 20, 2013 at 3:16 PM

We are planning our vacation to Moorea and Bora Bora. Has anyone used the Ferry for a day trip to Papeete? Is it easy enough to get to the Ferry Dock from and back to our Hotel in Moorea?

2 Answers Jun 21, 2013 at 1:39 PM
    • KeithK7's Profile Photo

December

Tahiti Jun 20, 2013 at 11:21 AM

We are planning a trip to Tahiti for Christmas this year.
      What is the good, bad and ugly of travel at that time of year>

2 Answers Jun 20, 2013 at 3:47 PM