French Lick Travel Answers

change location

Advice on how to split time between houses

by chgojeany Online Now Oct 23, 2002 at 7:04 PM

I own a house in San Francisco with a safe and quiet in-law unit. I would like to spend one month in French Lick, Indiana to explore the idea of moving there for at least half the year. Will swap lodging or give free lodging for one month in exchange for installing bathtub, washer and dryer. Call 415-821-0265.

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • Jeannette1's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on how to split time between houses

by Jeannette1 Online Now Oct 23, 2002 at 7:07 PM

How about swapping for a nice house with pool in Sacramento? I am sure it's as nice as French Lick, Indiana....LOL

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Oct 24, 2002 at 4:08 AM

Only in America!!!!! could there be such a place name..... Anyone care to tell us the story behind it? Pam.

• Dabs's Profile Photo

Re: Advice on how to split time between houses

by Dabs Online Now Oct 31, 2002 at 5:49 AM

Lifted from the following website windycitymiataclub.com/2002/... "When the animals first came through the area, they would lick the salt off the rocks. Supposedly, French traders came through the area. So, it was called "French's Lick", later shortened to French Lick." Not as exotic (or erotic) as it sounds! .

• kiwi's Profile Photo

by kiwi Online Now Oct 31, 2002 at 11:20 AM

Why didn't I think of that! I live on a farm and at times we put out salt blocks for the animals to lick. I guess I just couldn't understand the "French" connection, LOL! Thanks heaps Dabs!! Pam.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines