change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

Popular French Guiana Travel Answer Locations

• Transportation

Saint-Laurent du Maroni Apr 8, 2014 at 6:56 AM

What form of transport are available between Cayenne & Saint-Laurent du Maroni and frequency?

1 Answer Apr 11, 2014 at 5:37 PM
    • DSwede's Profile Photo

Flights to/from Brazil

Cayenne Mar 4, 2012 at 5:13 AM

I'm having a hard time finding an airline or carrier that services Cayenne from either Rio de Janeiro or Sao Paulo. Does anyone know an airline that services Cayenne from these places, either directly or with a transfer?

7 Answers Mar 8, 2012 at 4:42 PM
    • Devil Island visit

Devils Island Dec 30, 2008 at 3:14 PM

Our cruise stop in Devils Island. We were allowed to go to the Royal only. Why tourist are not allowed to go to Devils Island??

• Summer in French Guiana

French Guiana Jun 17, 2008 at 7:59 PM

Hi, I'd like to spend the summer in French Guiana (almost certainly Cayenne); I'm from Canada (I also speak French). I've never been to FG, but would like info about apartment rentals/sub-lets over the summer in Cayenne. Any other useful info about Cayenne/FG would also be appreciated.

Maybe a stupid question, but is Creole or French primarily spoken by the majority of French Guyanese? Have had an hard time trying to get exact info on this.

Thanks,
      J

• Travelling from Paramaribo to Cayenne and vice versa

Saint-Laurent du Maroni Mar 27, 2008 at 7:54 AM

Grateful for tips on travelling between Paramaribo and Cayenne and vice versa. Are there any air links (can't find any scheduled flights)? Alternatively, are there direct sea links, and how long do they take? If not, how long should one allow for overland travel, and what is the best way?
      Thanks

2 Answers Sep 15, 2011 at 7:30 PM
    • sacolao's Profile Photo

Flights from Cayenne to Macapá or Belém?

French Guiana Sep 19, 2007 at 8:32 AM

I am trying to get information on flights from Cayenne to Macapá or Belém.

Anyaone have current information? TAF still fly that route?

Thanks.

1 Answer Mar 11, 2012 at 9:17 AM
    • Canadian interested in living and studying in Cayenne

French Guiana Apr 30, 2007 at 5:28 PM

Hi, I am Canadian and bilingual ( English , French ).
      I am interested in living in Cayenne to study at the university and just enjoy life there.
      Can I get a small studio with running water and electricity with telephone for less than 200 Euros in a middle class neighbourhood ( nurses, teachers, etc) ?

Are there good outdoor cafes ? I should say I am a single male in my late forties. I am thinking of doing so this september.
      Any advice ?

1 Answer Sep 19, 2007 at 8:40 AM
    • nightlife?

Espérance Mar 23, 2007 at 7:22 AM

Hey I've been thinking about moving to WA to teach. I currently live in Belfaqst and am sick of the rain. I was wondering if anyone could give me any information about the kind of nightlife that Esperance offers to someone in their early 20's who enjoys clubbing.

1 Answer Mar 26, 2007 at 11:08 AM
    • carolerica's Profile Photo

Insect repellent

French Guiana Jan 15, 2007 at 8:15 AM

Hello,

It seems that this forum doesn't get much of an audience, and very few answers are posted, but I'll try!

I'm leaving for Cayenne next week, and was told that it would be cheaper to buy in Paris (my home town) insect repellent than in Cayenne.

Question: Which insect repellent (against mosquitos obviously!) is known to work best. Mosquitos seems to go crazy with my skin!!!

Thanks a bunch!

• youssef09's Profile Photo

deportation

French Guiana Nov 20, 2006 at 9:25 AM

hello evry one
      my grand father was deported by the french colonialist authority from algeria to cayenne in french guyana about 1923, some infos sais that he get married and left a family there , !!
      is there any one can give me any infos or sugetions about where i can find out about my grand father family there ,
      thanks in advance for any help
      youssef

deportation

hello evry one
      my grand father was deported by the french colonialist authority from algeria to cayenne in french guyana about 1923, some infos sais that he get married and left a family there , !!
      is there any one can give me any infos or sugetions about where i can find out about my grand father family there ,
      youssef

1 Answer Dec 20, 2006 at 1:59 PM

deportation

hell evry one
      youssef

deportation

French Guiana Nov 20, 2006 at 9:24 AM

hell evry one
      youssef

• Scuba Diving

French Guiana Aug 17, 2006 at 9:05 AM

Are their any scuba diving operators in FG? Does anyone know the quality of dives there?

Scott

1 Answer Nov 27, 2009 at 1:05 PM
    • Language Schools

French Guiana Jul 1, 2006 at 9:54 PM

Hi,

I am interested in studying French in French Guiana. Does anyone know of any language schools located there? Thanks so much.

• French Guiana to Brazil?

French Guiana Mar 23, 2006 at 4:22 AM

I will be travelling through French Giuana in Decemeber 2006 and would like to travel to Brazil to see the Amazon.

Can anybody give me tips about flights or overland travel to Brazil?

Thanks,

j.

4 Answers Mar 11, 2012 at 9:21 AM
    • Runetek's Profile Photo

Swimming and/or Schnorkel in French Guiana?

French Guiana Dec 10, 2005 at 7:51 AM

Hello all,

is possible Swimming and/or Schnorkel in French Guiana around the Cayenne? Or there is nothing to see under the sea (or too dangerous or too cold)...?

Thank you!
      Milos

• vodolaz's Profile Photo

Collector needs help !

French Guiana Jul 31, 2005 at 1:38 PM

Hi everybody ! I collect beer labels almost 20 years... Who is now ih F.Guiana or may be going soon , please be so kind to get for my collection some beer paper labels or beer mates ! I will be much obliged to you
      Thanks in advance ,
      D

• carnaval2002's Profile Photo

How to get from Cayenne to St. Laurent

French Guiana Oct 15, 2004 at 3:10 AM

Hi people, I will be in Cayenne in december and want to visit St Laurent. Can anyone tell me how I can get there? Are there buses going, should I look for a taxi or something else? Brgds Carnaval2002

1 Answer Nov 9, 2004 at 12:59 PM
    • language

Devils Island Aug 30, 2004 at 11:17 AM

what is the majority language on devils island?

1 Answer Aug 30, 2004 at 1:34 PM
    • Quetzaltenango - health

Guatemala May 7, 2004 at 4:21 PM

I am planning on going to Quetzaltenango for a few weeks of Spanish immersion. Any specific precautions I should take (Malaria, Yellow Fever etc.)? Thanks

3 Answers May 12, 2004 at 6:45 AM
    • markvman's Profile Photo

Info needed

Devils Island Jan 25, 2004 at 9:15 PM

Hi. I will be briefly at "Devils Island" the middle of March on a cruise ship. Have not been able to really find out much about it other than the standard "escape and imprisonment" stories. Am interested in the people and current happenings. Also interested in what space work has been done (my father was Atlas reliability director during part of the Mercury program and we leaved next to the Cape when I was young). Know from many years of travel - the advice and suggestions from locals cannot be beat. Any suggestions for reasonable "must see" things to do other than usual tourist stuff? I am a former university professor and airline pilot, very rusty in foreign languages, but love music, food and dance. Have spent most of past 25 years outside of US. Thanks for your help and keep traveling and learning - it is the best university there is if you keep your mind open. Bob Any suggestions?

4 Answers Jan 26, 2004 at 12:28 PM
    • What?

Devils Island Sep 19, 2003 at 1:25 PM

What is the Geography, people history and culture?

1 Answer Dec 20, 2006 at 2:31 PM
    • ClaudiaF's Profile Photo

Language schools in FG

French Guiana Aug 26, 2003 at 5:41 PM

Is anyone aware of/knows of french language programs in French Guyana? Claudia

2 Answers Aug 27, 2003 at 2:21 PM
    • Leviathan's Profile Photo

Jobs in FG

French Guiana Aug 26, 2003 at 3:07 AM

Hi, does anyone know a list of firms in FG, preferable information technology? Thanks.