Fremantle

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Tranperth bus to Fremantle

by Charleskum Online Now Sep 20, 2013 at 9:56 PM

I am staying in Goodearth Hotel in Adelaide Terrace in East Perth. Where would be the nearest bus stand that I can board the transperth bus to Fremantle? What would be the cost for an adult?

1 Answer Sep 21, 2013 at 1:22 AM
    • The Fremantle Ferris Wheel

by AlexDunbar Online Now Jan 16, 2012 at 6:54 PM

I'm curious to know if anybody knows the opening times and costs of the wheel?

Thanks

2 Answers Jan 22, 2012 at 2:59 AM
    • grandmaR's Profile Photo

Hotel and nearby attractions

by grandmaR Online Now Jan 13, 2012 at 6:15 PM

I am getting a cruise from Perth (Fremantle) in July 2012, and my travel agent has proposed the Tradewinds Hotel, which doesn't seem to have any listing on VT. The reviews seem mixed, and they are also mixed for the hotel that Cruise Critics recommends which is the Esplanade. The disadvantage to the Eplanade is that they charge for the internet.

We will be flying in from Sydney, arriving in the early afternoon. The travel agent thinks that we will be better off to have most of the commute from the airport done on the day before the cruise so we will just have a short taxi ride to the ship. Does anyone know any reason why this hotel wouldn't be advisable?

10 Answers Mar 5, 2012 at 2:42 AM
    • cookie1947's Profile Photo

Left Luggage

by cookie1947 Online Now Oct 19, 2010 at 4:46 AM

We have a late flight out of Perth in February and would like to know if there are any left luggage facilities in Fremantle which we can use after we check out of our accommodation. We are not staying in a hotel so we can't leave our bags there.
      Thanks

5 Answers Oct 20, 2010 at 6:22 AM
    • Vicki-Maree's Profile Photo

Perth or Fremantle

by Vicki-Maree Online Now Aug 11, 2010 at 2:58 PM

We will be first time visitors to WA in mid January and have only just booked flights. We thought we would stay 2 nights in Perth before picking up a car and exploring. However, I am starting to think it would be better to stay in Fremantle rather than Perth but there doesn't appear to be a great deal of accommodation available or if it is, it is200 plus a night. Does anybody have any suggestions, there are only the 2 of us and we would like to be close to the water.

5 Answers Aug 19, 2010 at 7:58 PM
    • Fremantle Market

by joyleely Online Now Aug 5, 2009 at 4:20 AM

Read on the review the market are open only on Friday to Sunday only ?

It doesnt opens on Monday at all ? Are there other markets which we can visit when we're there in September ?

7 Answers Aug 6, 2009 at 1:47 AM
    • 726jenni's Profile Photo

blues and roots festival

by 726jenni Online Now Mar 26, 2009 at 3:25 AM

We are coming over to fremantle for the blues and roots festival, 18th april. Is this a sit down event? do we need to bring our own chairs and if so what type?
      Some folk festivals we have been to limit seating to those low beach chairs.
      Any advice greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Mar 26, 2009 at 3:46 AM

further to boulters apartment

by 726jenni Online Now Feb 1, 2009 at 2:42 AM

Thank you all for great info re apartment in freo.
      we have decided on an apartment in central fremantle and very close to the esplanade reserve, but not in Norfolk st as we thought it may be too noisy.
      Now we really need advice on the best way to get from the airport to Fremantle.
      We would rather not hire a car. Is there a train from the airport or do we get a cab or bus to the city (Perth)and train from there? or is there a bus direct to freo? Would it be expensive to get a cab from aiport to central Fremantle?
      Thanks guys.

7 Answers Mar 3, 2009 at 7:32 PM

boulters apartment freo

by 726jenni Online Now Jan 30, 2009 at 9:32 PM

we are thinking of staying at Boulters apartment in central fremantle.
      Does any one know of this apartment and can you recommend it? we are a middle aged couple who value being safe and quiet in a central location.
      I do not know which street it is in is close to/opposite the markets. maybe Norfolk st.
      thanks
      Jenni

9 Answers Feb 1, 2009 at 1:49 AM
    • language schools?

by kris000 Online Now Aug 1, 2006 at 7:17 PM

I have friends coming over from europe. They want to take a 3 to 6 months Englisch course in order to prepare for immigration next year.
      Who can recommend a serious school preferable in Fremantle (or Perth) for adults?
      Cheers, Kris

3 Answers Apr 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM
    • fremantle

by Jennamaynarddd Online Now May 9, 2006 at 10:08 PM

can u tell me more abou the anchor walk in fremantle

2 Answers Jul 16, 2006 at 6:59 PM
    • DaveMullany's Profile Photo

The Model Car Place

by DaveMullany Online Now Sep 5, 2005 at 2:52 PM

Greetings. Sorry to prevail upon the wisdom of Australians yet again, but... when last I was in Fremantle, I was taken to a place - a large shed, really - that was packed from end to end with the most astonishing collection of vintage toy cars, trucks, trains, planes, toys and so forth. I'm not making this up; I know I'm not dreaming and I swear I haven't had a frostie for at least 22 minutes. Does is exist? What is it? Where is it? Why is it?

PS: I'm sure it was near your famous aquarium (the one you walk through while Johnnies (sharks) swim over your head)

2 Answers Sep 19, 2005 at 6:36 PM
    • DaveMullany's Profile Photo

The pub that sells Red Back beer

by DaveMullany Online Now Sep 4, 2005 at 6:17 AM

Greetings all. Four of us (South Africans) will be in Freo at the end of this month. I was last there about 12 years ago with some good buddies and we had a rip-roaring time in a pub that sold a beer called Red Back (named after your world-famous spider).

A few years ago, one of my travelling companions (my best friend, actually) was killed in an air crash, so it would be a sort of pilgrimage for me to find that pub again and lift a glass in his memory. The pub might have been called the Red Back (although I doubt it), or even the Dogbolter (or was that one of the brews we downed . . . I was tired and confused at the time :-). Or maybe it was the Anchor.

Question is: does it still exist and where in Fremantle is it? I recall it had an amazing shop selling all sorts of beers and pub memorabilia. Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers

11 Answers Sep 9, 2005 at 7:18 AM
    • Running in Fremantle

by jasnaMB Online Now Jun 29, 2005 at 10:21 PM

I have one more question - where in Fremantle is possible to run (caa 10 km). We'll be staying near F.Preason and I'm looking for nearest possible location for running. Is it save to run outside when it gets dark? Are there some fitness clubs (for running on machines)?

2 Answers Jul 29, 2005 at 10:40 PM
    • Fremantle with kids in July/August 2005

by jasnaMB Online Now Jun 28, 2005 at 10:12 PM

I am staying in Fremantle for three weeks with two sons (3 and 8 years)- at the end of July and beginning of August. I'm looking for information about places to eat (suitable for children) and things to do between 8 am and 5 pm. Also, which trips would you recommand me for weekends (to sleep over for a night or two somewhere else, perhaps)? What are the costs for inner flights (eg. if we want to go to Sharks bay)?
      I'll be glad if you give me some tips.
      Jasna

2 Answers Jul 1, 2005 at 11:17 PM
    • place to rent

by wrxturbo38 Online Now Apr 28, 2005 at 9:57 AM

hello all i am hopefully coming over soon to live and work for several months can anyone advise me on how much i will be paying to rent somewhere ideally close to freo theres only me so nothing to flash

3 Answers Jun 1, 2005 at 7:23 AM
    • my auntie

by wrxturbo38 Online Now Jan 23, 2005 at 2:48 PM

hello is there any out there who knows henderson street if so do you know my aunt bea hitt i havent heard from her for a while and i hope shes ok

• hotels

by wrxturbo38 Online Now Jan 23, 2005 at 2:11 AM

hello everyone last year i stayed with my aunt on henderson st ,at the end of feb me and my wife are coming back to your fantastic country for 3 weeks this time i dont want to be a burden on my aunt can you recommend a hotel thats not to expensive or a villa ,apartement or something it doesnt matter if its just outside freo many thanks TONY AND VAL

2 Answers May 31, 2005 at 8:00 AM
    • vtveen's Profile Photo

Visit Fremantle and Western Australia

by vtveen Online Now Aug 31, 2004 at 5:03 AM

We are planning a visit to WA (Fremantle/Perth) for one week in January as part of an around-the-world-trip. On this moment thinking to visit: Rottnest Island, Pinnacles, "the loop Hyden/Rock Wave- Albany-Fremantle" and Fremantle and Perth Wating for tips and information about: - our itinerary and must see activities - accommodation in Fremantle, Cervantes, Hyden and Albany (we prefer smaller family hotels or B&B's, average priced) - reliable and affordable rental car companies looking forward to replies Jaap the Netherlands

3 Answers Sep 2, 2004 at 9:02 PM
    • fremantle

by wrxturbo38 Online Now Apr 20, 2004 at 2:23 AM

hi im coming to stay in fremantle on henderson street with my auntie that ive noy seen for 20 years are there many things to do and is there any jobs for a 38 year old welder my intention is to possibly move over there if i like it

6 Answers Jun 18, 2004 at 7:28 AM
    • where to stay

by lucca Online Now Sep 22, 2003 at 7:36 AM

Hello everyone! I'm travelling to Freemantle in a couple of weeks time. Has anyone got some recommendations on where to stay? I've never been there so I hope to get some insider advice. Thanks!!!

3 Answers Oct 1, 2003 at 1:43 PM