Freiburg im Breisgau Travel Answers

change location

Freiburg to Frankfurt airport by train

by 1deb23 Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 8:58 AM

I am taking an early train from Freiburg im Breisgau to Frankfurt airport. The train gives me a 6 minute connection in Mannheim. Does anyone know if that is long enough to change trains with luggage?
Will it be in on the same track?

thanks

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • leics's Profile Photo

Re: Freiburg to Frankfurt airport by train

by leics Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 10:28 AM

If you look at

bahn.com/i/view/overseas/en/...

find your departure (doesn't have to be the same date, just the same day) and then click the red arrow to the left you will see details about the change, including platform numbers.

European railway websites do not give connection times which are not feasible. I
    consider 6 minutes will be enough...on the departure I looked at the inward train arrives at platform 3 and the outward leaves from platform 2.

Make sure you have gathered yourself and your things together ready to disembark whilst the train slows for Mannheim. Don't leave it until the last minute to organise yourself and your bags.

You will be able to work out when to start getting sorted by checking the Mannheim arrival time (also given when you click the red arrow).

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • Kathrin_E's Profile Photo

by Kathrin_E Online Now Apr 27, 2012 at 3:02 PM

The trains stop next to each other on the two tracks along the same platform - not on the same track. So all you have to do is get off, cross the platform and hop on the other train on the opposite side. These trains are scheduled to meet and allow passengers to change.

>Make sure you have gathered yourself and your things together ready to disembark whilst the train slows for Mannheim. Don't leave it until the last minute to organise yourself and your bags.
    A rule that applies always and to any train trip not just to this one.

• Trackers's Profile Photo

by Trackers Online Now Apr 28, 2012 at 3:41 PM

The trains are very accurate with their times. You should not have any problems. We have changed trains with 2 mins to change and had no problem.

• christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now Apr 29, 2012 at 10:22 AM

If you feel more comfortable having more time for your transfer, you can adjust it:
    Go to bahn.de, click on "change other data" and then "duration of transfer" You have the choice there between standard, 10 minutes, 15 minutes, 20 minutes etc.

Or have you already booked your ticket? If it's a special fare, then you cannot change anything without paying extra, but if it's a standard ticket, just take a later train fom Mannheim.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Freiburg im Breisgau