Freiburg im Breisgau Travel Answers

change location
JHR's Profile Photo

Geltungsbereich des Aktionsangebots Baden-Württemberg-Ticket

by JHR Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 9:22 AM

Considering a trip with my wife, taking in Elsess/Alsace. Fly to Euro Airport (Basel), then an anti-clockwise, or clockwise, circuit by train and/or bus taking in Colmar, Strasbourg, Freiburg, Breisach etc. If we had to travel from Basel to Freiburg, I am sure the best (cheapest) option would be to use a DB Baden-Württemberg-Ticket for 2 people. My German is not bad, but and I have looked at this PDF, bahn.de/regional/view/mdb/pv... . But could a German-speaker please confirm my understanding that the ticket would be valid from our Swiss departure point (Basel), and be valid on local transport (RVF) in Freiburg when we got there. Is there any problem buying the Baden-Württemberg-Ticket at Basel station?

Quote & Answer
5 Answers
  • yumyum's Profile Photo

Re: Geltungsbereich des Aktionsangebots Baden-Württemberg-Ticket

by yumyum Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:02 AM

Hi; I used the Laenderticket from Basel SBB (Swiss station) but keep in mind that you have to use local trains ie regional trains only, no ICE/IC/EC trains. You will have to change trains in Basel Badischer Bahnhof.

So far I've never seen a German ticket counter in Basel SBB nor a German ticket machine. But you can buy the Länderticket beforehand online for the day of travel. Online tickets and tickets from the machines are 2 Euro cheaper than from the ticket counter ie Service Center.

I'm sure someone else will answer the rest of your question.

2 members found this helpful

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • christine.j's Profile Photo

by christine.j Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:16 AM

It says on the bahn.de site that the Länderticket is valid in the whole transportation network of Freiburg.
    "RVF
    (Regio-Verkehrsverbund Freiburg) alle Strecken alle Verkehrsmittel"

Enjoy your trip.

1 member found this helpful

• abalada's Profile Photo

by abalada Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 10:31 AM

Baden-Württemberg Ticket is good from Basel SBB and Basel Bad Bf. When starting at Basel SBB you'll have to change trains at Basel Bad Bf. If you won't stay close to Basel SBB travel by tram and/or bus to Basel Bad Bf to start your trip on the Baden-Württemberg Ticket. At Basel Bad Bf you can buy the Baden-Württemberg Ticket from ticket machines or for EUR 2 more at the counter. Not sure - but I think at Basel SBB you can buy it only at the counter.

2 members found this helpful

• Re: Geltungsbereich des Aktionsangebots Baden-Württemberg-Ticket

by K_V_B Online Now Mar 7, 2013 at 11:53 AM

There is a DB ticket vending machine at Basel SBB (near the head of track 2) so this should be able to sell you the Baden Wurtemberg ticket. Basel Bad Bf (the other major station in Basel) is a full DB station, where you also have ticket vending machines, and ticket windows.

3 members found this helpful

• yumyum's Profile Photo

by yumyum Online Now Mar 8, 2013 at 1:44 AM

K_V_B wrote:
    There is a DB ticket vending machine at Basel SBB (near the head of track 2) so this should be able to sell you the Baden Wurtemberg ticket. Basel Bad Bf (the other major station in Basel) is a full DB station, where you also have ticket vending machines, and ticket windows.

Good to know that about the DB ticket machine by track 2! I wondered that I had never seen any before.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Freiburg im Breisgau