Freiburg Travel Answers

change location

Clocks

by 1fireman Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 9:01 PM

Where is a good place to buy a coocoo clock?

Quote & Answer
4 Answers
  • stamporama's Profile Photo

RE: Clocks

by stamporama Online Now Jul 29, 2006 at 10:24 PM

There is one place in the Black Forest/Hochschwarzwald area known as Hofgut-Sternen. It's a hotel-resto that also has a shop that sells all kinds and sizes of cuckoo clocks. Even the facade of the building is a cuckoo clock by itself. All models are displayed on a wall, they even sell assemble-yourself kits and they ship worldwide too. Its address is 79874 Breitnau-Höllental.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • johnworden's Profile Photo

RE: RE: Clocks

by johnworden Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 5:07 AM

This won't help if you aren't leaving Freiburg, but the House of 1000 Clocks has a 5 stores and also online ordering. I bought one from the main store last year while traveling through and was thoroughly pleased with the experience. Here is their link: http://hausder1000uhren.de/

John

• RE: Clocks

by mr_Compass Online Now Jul 30, 2006 at 8:57 PM

I would recommend a trip Triberg area in the black forest. We bought a clock from Robert Herr. He showed us a tour of his his workshop etc. We were able to actually design our own clock and have it shipped to up when done. His shop is in the village of Schonach. You may alos check out the shop of Rudi Ferhrenbach in schonach. I had a discussion with his son, Bernd & wife at a German Fest in PA recently about Triberg and my clock experience there.I also give him a try also. I am not a fan of the house of 1000 clocks, seemed way too touristy. A fellow brother.,

• Sjalen's Profile Photo

RE: Clocks

by Sjalen Online Now Jul 31, 2006 at 2:39 AM

Catch the local train to Titisee with lots of clock shops.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines