Freeport District

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Cheapest way to see the Exuma Cays while staying on Great Exuma

Exuma District Apr 14, 2014 at 9:19 AM

My fiance and I are travelling to Exuma end of May to get married. Most all our available (ie: saved up) fiances are going into the trip and resort stay so that we get the free wedding. This leave very little disposable income to do much else with. I really want to see the swimming pigs and swim with them and want to visit the iguanas. Most of the boat trips to do so cost a lot. Through the resort it's 325 per person (650 for the both of us!) and the cheapest is 200 per person. I considered renting a boat on our own to go up there one afternoon but the only place I can find is Minn's and you have to stay in Elizabeth Harbor.

So does anyone know a really cheap alternative to seeing these islands or a cheap boat rental place? Neither of us have our captains license but I am no stranger to a basic power boat as those are used for fishing where I'm from (as well as pontoons and such) I understand that this is not quite the same as the ocean waters and would have to really see it to estimate it for myself but I was thinking of a very small (12-15 footer) boat that could stay close to the coasts for traveling up through the Cays there. Are there any locals that do this sort of thing for a low cost?

Just being there is going to be a fantastic thing and being able to see water that clear and blue. This will be my first time ever being out of the country! :) I'm a water baby by nature and nothing thrills me more than spending a week in those waters. Any advice or help at all will be most appreciated. Thanks

more

Popular Freeport District Travel Answer Locations

• Lucayan Park

Lucaya Feb 1, 2014 at 10:25 AM

Is this located on the same island as Nassau. We will be on a cruise that is docking there in the after noon the end of March. If it is what would be the best way to get to Lucayan Park from the dock.

2 Answers Feb 1, 2014 at 12:06 PM
    • crime rate

Freeport City Jan 19, 2014 at 11:04 AM

what is the crime rate in the Bahamas. Do we need to worry about going there?

2 Answers Jan 19, 2014 at 12:11 PM
    • Public Transportation

Freeport City Nov 23, 2013 at 8:33 PM

Is there a bus that can be caught by Viva Wyndham Fortuna Beach Resort? How much does it cost for a car rental for a day? Can we get a rental car at the resort\?

• cheap beach

Freeport City Sep 25, 2013 at 7:28 PM

what is the cheapest way to enjoy a beach

1 Answer Sep 25, 2013 at 8:17 PM
    • VodaH's Profile Photo

snorkeling

Grand Bahama Island Sep 1, 2013 at 11:17 AM

My mom and I are planning a snorkeling trip. We have been all over Jamaica and Costa Rica and really enjoy the cliff and rock snorkeling. Question is when is the best time and place in the Bahamas. We don't enjoy big cities and would love a small town that is not so commercial. Asking a lot in this question. lol.

1 Answer Sep 1, 2013 at 8:07 PM
    • Snorkel in Freeport,Bahamas

Freeport City Jul 1, 2013 at 5:02 PM

Want to snorkel for cheap, where is the best place for unlimited time?

• visiting a family

Freeport City Jun 18, 2013 at 12:22 PM

cruising to freeport in july
      would like to spend time with a family instead of the usual sightseeing things
      this is our fifth trip, taking my 11yr old grandaughter and thought it would be
      nice for her to see how they live and what they eat

1 Answer Jun 18, 2013 at 1:00 PM
    • LindseyL's Profile Photo

Beaches near to Lucayan Harbour?

Grand Bahama Island Apr 17, 2013 at 8:10 PM

I want to go to the beach near to the cruise port because i have to meet my friends back there at 1pm. what is a super close beach that is in walking distance or only a short (10 min or under) cab ride away?

1 Answer Apr 18, 2013 at 7:36 AM
    • Trying to plan a trip

Grand Bahama Island Apr 1, 2013 at 3:40 PM

My wife myself and our 3 teenage boys are looking to travel to Grand Bahama Island for 1 week in early August. We are looking for an area that has good fishing. We would like to find a resort that let's you rent kayaks and fishing gear and be able to go out from the resort and reef fish from the kayaks. We also are looking for spear fishing opportunities and lobster hunting. Snorkeling is also an activity that we would greatly enjoy however reef fishing is the main reason we are going to Grand Bahama Island. If anyone can recommend captains or resorts that fit these guidelines it would be greatly appreciated.

1 Answer Apr 2, 2013 at 12:31 PM
    • mcwebb123's Profile Photo

Public fishing pier

Grand Bahama Island Mar 27, 2013 at 10:07 AM

Is there a public fishing pier on Grand Bahama Island? I can only find 'guided' fishing trips. We just want to fish from shore or a pier. We will be arriving on a cruise boat.

• Guitar, on Grand Bahama Island

Grand Bahama Island Jan 8, 2013 at 12:56 PM

Can I rent a guitar at Grand Bahama Island for a week? Is there a guitar / music store on the island?

1 Answer Jan 8, 2013 at 1:11 PM
    • Carnival port???

Grand Bahama Island Nov 17, 2012 at 12:28 PM

As I look at the map I see that there are more than one port for cruise ships....which port does carnival dock?

• Shuttle bus

Freeport City Sep 30, 2012 at 8:21 AM

Does the Viva Wyndham Fortuna beach resort have a shuttle bus to and from the port?

1 Answer Sep 30, 2012 at 10:49 AM
    • Snorkeling

Freeport District May 22, 2012 at 1:43 PM

Hi, we're considering going back to Freeport soon but are really interested in the better fishing and snorkeling sights. We went to high rock last time but unfortunately if was mostly high tide while we were there and of course as is with most cruises our time was very limited. The best part of our trip strangely enough was our taxi driver (Marco Roberts 242-442-8372 #458) who also acted as an excellent tour guide, but we really already had our minds made up about the beach instead of asking if he knew any better places to snorkel that time of day. Does anyone have any information on the best places to snorkel at high or low tide on the island? Deals on fishing trips, etc?

• Transportation on Grand Bahama Island.

Grand Bahama Island Apr 16, 2012 at 11:17 AM

I am arriving on Bahamas Celebration cruise ship to the Grand Bahama Island soon and the last time I arrived I only saw that their were taxi's availible to get to the mainland that were very expensive. Is there bus transportation from the port to the mainland that I might have overlooked last time I was there. I hear that there is bus transportation on the Island but Im not sure if it is available at the port. Please help me and my friends save a few pennies so we can have more fun with the drinks once at the mainland. Kevin

1 Answer Apr 21, 2012 at 4:44 AM
    • traveling to LUCAYA

Lucaya Jan 5, 2012 at 10:00 AM

My husband and I are planning a trip to Lucaya from Florida. I heard that you can travel there by cruise ship (air is too costly and we dont really care to go on a typical cuise. I heard discovery cruise use to take passengers there and back to Florida. is there a different company that offers the same commute to freeport?

2 Answers Jan 5, 2012 at 12:18 PM
    • Cruising in February - how far are the beaches from the Port

Grand Bahama Island Jan 3, 2012 at 4:15 PM

We will be cruising at the end of February and one of our stops is Freeport. Are there any beaches close to the port that my family and I can enjoy or will we need to get to the Port Lucaya Marketplace area?

2 Answers Mar 8, 2012 at 6:20 AM
    • Transportation from Ft Lauderdale/Miami to Grand Bahama Island

Grand Bahama Island Jan 2, 2012 at 11:00 AM

We have visited your beautiful island many, many times the last was Oct 2010. We are planning another trip in June 2012 and are having trouble finding transportation. We have flown when we lived in GA, but we now live in FL and the cost for 3 of us to fly is1384 which is insane. We used to take the Discovery cruise but they are out of business we understand. Is there another ferry service or ship that we can take, stay our week in Freeport and return to either Fort Lauderdale or Miami?

2 Answers Dec 16, 2012 at 9:22 PM
    • alirocks21's Profile Photo

Things to do in Freeport...other than diving/snorkelling.

Freeport City Jul 24, 2011 at 8:57 PM

We'll be visiting Freeport in November & are looking for things to do other than snorkelling & diving. My travelmate is not a fan of being under water than long, so looking for something very fun!

We're up for pretty much anything that will last our time in port.

Thanks in advance for any replies!!

• Transportation from Freeport Airport o hotel

Grand Bahama Island Jun 29, 2011 at 4:24 PM

We are a party of 6 and I am wondering what would be the most economical and easy way to get from the Freeport Airport to the Viva Wyndham. Is the taxi price that I have seen posted of15, per person?

1 Answer Sep 27, 2011 at 5:07 AM
    • Dada35's Profile Photo

Golden rock beach

Grand Bahama Island Oct 21, 2010 at 7:43 AM

Hi; nest week we will go to Grand Bahama with a ship cruise. Our plan is to go to the Golden rock beach. I would like to ask if anybody know if is low tide in the morning ar in the afternoon. Thanks a lot!

1 Answer Oct 21, 2010 at 12:51 PM
    • moosie

Grand Bahama Island Sep 4, 2010 at 11:52 PM

I have a written prescription from a doctor in the USA can i use it in the Bahamas?

1 Answer Mar 24, 2011 at 8:13 PM
    • Rx in Freeport

Grand Bahama Island Sep 4, 2010 at 6:06 PM

Can you use American prescriptions in Freeport?

1 Answer Sep 4, 2010 at 8:13 PM
    • transportation

Grand Bahama Island Jul 9, 2009 at 2:30 PM

I am coming to Freeport on a cruise ship 7/15/09 at 8am.
      What is my most "economical" means of transporation?
      I have to get from the port to Superior Watersports-Port Lucaya Marina by 9:00am.

Thanks, Shelley

1 Answer Feb 25, 2012 at 12:29 AM
    • SandiM's Profile Photo

Freeport stuff to do

Freeport District Nov 4, 2008 at 9:18 AM

Our cruise ship gets into Freeport early in the morning and I've selected the glass-bottom boat tour with my mother for the morning. The tour ends around noon. What to do after that? Can someone tell me if A)Does the tour end anywhere near the shopping areas or B)if not, does the tour end anywhere near where we can hop a local bus to the shopping area? Dont' want to spend$$ on taxis...

• Is it cold in January?

Grand Bahama Island Aug 17, 2008 at 3:46 PM

I just booked a trip for my boyfriend and I to go to Grand Bahama Island in early January. What is the average temperature that time of year for that particular island? I've been told that since it's one of the northernmost points of the Bahama island chain that it can be kind of chilly...We're from Minneapolis, Minnesota so anything beats 20 below zero but I would like to know what to expect as far as air and water temp. Thanks.

2 Answers Aug 19, 2008 at 2:11 PM
    • Best Way to Get to the Island

Grand Bahama Island Jul 24, 2008 at 4:52 PM

I'm flying into Ft. Lauderdale during Labor day and I want to know if my best option to get to the Bahamas is to take the Discovery Cruise over to the island? If not, what are the best options. I will be traveling alone so what are the best hotels to stay at once I arrive in the Bahamas. What are my travel options to get to the hotel from the port?

Thanks,
      TU

• busses around island

Grand Bahama Island Jun 13, 2008 at 7:58 AM

I've read there are cheap busses that run all over the island. I'd like to check out the less touristy places, like the e. end, lucaya nat. park, gold Rock & Barbary beach. I'll be a single female traveling alone. Is this safe? If so, do the busses go to these places?

2 Answers Jul 10, 2008 at 5:10 AM
    • Going to Freeport

Freeport City Oct 18, 2007 at 7:40 AM

I am going to Freeport in 8 days. I was wondering if you knew if there was restaurants near our hotel. we are staying at the royal palms suites. also, is there anything that delivers, like dominos or such a place. i am really concerned that not having a vehicle will be a terrible thing and we wont have any place to eat for 3 days.

thanks
      KIM

• jwilliams2005's Profile Photo

Retiring in the Grand Bahamas

Freeport District Jun 28, 2007 at 3:55 PM

Fellow Travelers,

Are there any retiree's living on the island that can give me some insight on living there? I have visited the island several times, and I am seriously thinking about retiring there.

Thank you,
      James

1 Answer Jun 29, 2007 at 7:55 PM