Fredrikstad

change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Private car rental (Harstadt)

Norway Apr 19, 2014 at 10:08 AM

Dear all, I am planning a trip in northern Norway this summer. I have heard that there are locals, usually the owners of car repair garages, that rent out used cars for about half the price of the big agencies. I would be really interested to do that but I cannot find anything on the internet. If you have already experienced this type of rental or know people who rent their car in the surroundings of Harstadt, please let me know. Thank you for you help. Making my trip a little bit cheaper would not hurt :)

more
    • Narvik to Honningsvag by Bus ?

Narvik Apr 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Who could help to get information about timetable and prices. We arrive, 2 guys on August 2, 14 by train from Stockholm and need to proceed to North kapp.
      Overnight stay in Narvik necessary or gives arrival enough time to pick up bus to north?

more
    • Narvik to Honningsvag by Bus ?

Narvik Apr 18, 2014 at 8:54 AM

Who could help to get information about timetable and prices. We arrive, 2 guys on August 2, 14 by train from Stockholm and need to proceed to North kapp.
      Overnight stay in Narvik necessary or gives arrival enough time to pick up bus to north?

more
    • how to get to svolvaer from evenes on thursday the 17(holiday)

Narvik Apr 12, 2014 at 12:26 PM

Hello,

we are two Italian tourists travelling to Svolvaer on Thursday the 17th in order to get our rented car at Europcar for that day.
      Unfortunately we saw, just few hours ago, on the 17th the bus lines to Svolvaer are not working on those days.
      We'll arrive at Evenes at 10:35 with the flight from Oslo, we kindly ask you how we can reach Svolvaer.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Annalisa and Francesco

more
    • How to see reindeers in Kvaloya in July

Kvaløya Apr 4, 2014 at 9:13 PM

Hi, I am going to Tromos in July and would like to visit Kavaloya to try catch a glimpse of the reindeers. Like Kezza, I won't be driving and rely on local transport /buses. What do you suggest is the best way to travel, if I take a bus, wher should I get down. Also, is theer a website for bus routes and timings.. I can't find one. Any sggestion would be helpful. Thanks.

more
    • Geiranger via road 63

Geiranger 10 hours ago

hello,

I am planning to rent a car from hemsedal and using highway 15 to use road63. This will be occured on 5th of may. Do you know if the road will be opened at this period?

Regards, Alex

more
    • How to arrange a hike on a glacier from various ports? How to travel from Olden to Hellesytt

Geiranger Apr 11, 2014 at 4:12 PM

We will be traveling to western Norway from May 17-May 25th.
      Our ports are Skjolden,Flam,Olden,Alesund and Stavanger.

I have booked Ferry passage to Gudvangen from Flam to see the Naeroyfjord. we will return by bus and hopefully take the Flam rail to Mydal and back to Flam

I booked a cruise through the Stavanger Archipelago into the Lysefjord.

I am wondering if I should try to go to find our way to Hellesytt so we can cruise Geiranger. is this possible from Olden? we will only be in port from 8-5

We would also like the opportunity to have a guided tour on a glacier and or kayak on a glacial lake. Perhaps from our stop in Skjolden (Nigard/Jostedal glacier) or in Olden (Briksdal Glacier) The cruise ship offers on trips to only view the glacier.

This might limit my opportunity to travel to Geiranger. Perhaps next trip? So much to see and experience.

Any suggestions.

Thanks,

more
    • Experienced advice needed

Norway Apr 5, 2014 at 9:18 AM

We are spending a couple of weeks in Scandinavia but only have a very short time in Norway at the end. We really want to experience the western fjords which means a day/night trip on NIN from Oslo and back again. My question is this: we have a choice to go as far as Voss or Bergen but we're mainly interested in seeing the fjords and the towns don't matter. I realize Bergen is far more charming than Voss but our time is so limited that if we can see the same natural wonders in Voss would it make sense to skip Bergen?

Or should we go all the way to Bergen?

more
    • Shopping outdoor wear

Rogaland Apr 5, 2014 at 1:29 AM

Where is the best place in Rogaland to buy outdoor clothing?.

more
    • Cycle hire in Asker

Asker Apr 20, 2014 at 1:34 AM

Does anyone know if you can hire cycles in Asker. We're visiting in May and would like to get around by bike.

more
    • Cheapest bars and pubs?

Oslo Apr 1, 2014 at 7:35 PM

I would like to know the bars and pubs with the cheapest prices? Thanks.

more
    • Jgiii's Profile Photo

Restaurants/Cafes Near Munch Museum

Oslo Mar 29, 2014 at 9:49 PM

I'll be staying near the Munch Museum. Does anyone have recommendations for good affordable places in that area? I don't mind walking! Thank you kindly!

more
    • jacobsenmarilyn's Profile Photo

larvik to sandifjord airport?

Larvik Mar 28, 2014 at 11:20 PM

What is the best way to travel from Larvik to Sandifjord Airport? I have no reservations to do that but will be in Larvik to visit where my grandparents were from in early 1900's. I speak no Norwegian but trying to learn some words before travel in mid May 2014, Advice needed please!

more
    • travelling by Bus from Kirkenes

Honningsvåg Mar 27, 2014 at 5:17 PM

Dear Sir/Madam.
      I have chosen Kirkenes as the starting point of my journey across Norway, starting from 19 May 2014. Since my intention is to enjoy the Norway scenery, the fjord and the famous midnight sun, so I will be travelling by Buses, Boat and Trains. I have booked Hotel along the way.
      The itinerary will be as follows:
      -By Bus : Kirkenes-Honnigsvag (Nordkapp)(overnight Honningsvag)-Alta-Tromso
      -by Boat : Tromso-Trondheim (Hurtigrutten, overnight on board).
      -by Train : Trondheim-Lillehammer (overnight).
      -by Bus : Lillehamer-Bergen (overnight).
      -by Train : Bergen-Oslo-end.

1. How far is Rica Arctic Hotel Kirkenes and Rica Bryggen Hotel Honningsvag from the Bus station going to/from Kirkenes and Honningsvag..
      2. How to book a seat reservation for my journey from Kirkenes-Honningsvag-Alta-Tromso.
      3. How much is the ticket fare of each leg.
      3. Do you have the time table.
      3. Do you have the email address of the relevant Bus Operator or a Tourist Agency in

Kirkenes or Honningsvag, for me to contact them.

4. Do you have the email address of the Bus Operator connecting Kirkenes-Murmansk. I will contact them to book seat reservation of my trip from Murmansk to Kirkenes.

Dear Sir/Madam, please, your help will be highly appreciated

My best regards,
      SANTOSA HARDJENDRO

more
    • Travel from Oslo to Karlstad

Oslo Region Apr 2, 2014 at 12:01 PM

Any suggestions on best way to travel from Oslo Norway to Karlstad Sweden. Bus or Train? Recommended company to use and locations of connections.

more
    • Oslo Gallerian

Oslo Apr 1, 2014 at 11:12 PM

Is Olso Gallerian a bus station?

Where is it?

more
    • bus and fare from Oslo airport to Kristiansian

Kristiansand Mar 31, 2014 at 6:17 PM

We will need a bus from the Oslo airport to Kristiansian in July. Can we buy a ticket when we arrive at the airport (12:30PM) and what will it cost?

more
    • ladysail's Profile Photo

Cost of taxi

Norway Apr 9, 2014 at 5:53 PM

We are arriving by cruise ship in Skjolden at 4pm on May 19. We would like to take a taxi from the port to the Urnes stave church. The manager of the church said that it was about 30km from the port. My question is how expensive would it be to take a taxi to the church. I ask because I've heard that everything is very expensive in Norway (compared to North America's standard) and I don't want to commit to something that may be out of my price range.

If anyone has been to the church..is it a difficult ride?

Thank you very much for any information!!

more
    • nattybabe's Profile Photo

Which city for a weekend away

Norway Apr 5, 2014 at 9:02 AM

Hi all,

I'm currently researching a weekend in Norway (from London) and am having trouble choosing a city and am actually a bit overwhelmed with the options available. Do you have any recommendations as to the best place to visit? I have never been to Norway and would like to see some fjords and wonder around cobblestone streets, people watch etc. I will be on my own.

I have found the "Norway in a Nutshell" tours which have confused me. They also seem full on which I don't mind but want to be as efficient as possible. Is it necessary to do this or can I base myself in Bergen or similar and skip the travel elements.

Any advice is gratefully received.

Thanks! Natalie

more
    • Glenda530's Profile Photo

Kristiansund tour

Kristiansund Apr 4, 2014 at 12:58 AM

Is it possible to do a trip ourselves without using the cruise tour which are very expensive? Also is there any shopping available in the city? Thank you

more

Near Fredrikstad