Fredericksburg Travel Answers

change location

How is the weather in March?

by Lambertini Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 11:20 AM

Dear All

I am packing for my first trip to Texas.....Can someone tell me if I need sandals or closed shoes or even boots? We will be in Houston, Bandera and Fredericksburgh. We are riding and going to Rodeo's.........Thank you in anticipation

Lambertini
Bath
England

Quote & Answer
3 Answers
  • bocmaxima's Profile Photo

Re: How is the weather in March?

by bocmaxima Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 11:43 AM

It's really hard to say. This time of year, highs can be around 30C or 5C. For example, if you look at the weather for this week for Fredericksburg, Friday is supposed to have a high of 81F, but the next day's high is supposed to be 55F. See what I mean?

I would bring both. I mean, sandals don't take up much room in your luggage. Whenever I go to Texas, I always bring both, regardless of the time of year.
    You can bring boots, but those do take up a lot of room in your luggage. However, a lot of people, even in the cities, do wear boots regularly.

Be the first to rate this answer!

Was this helpful? Quote & Answer
  • monicarc's Profile Photo

by monicarc Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 1:48 PM

if you are going horse back riding then i think you need either boots or the closed toe shoes. at the rodeo everyone wears everything--i don't think i'd want to wear sandals to the rodeo/livestock show, since there is often cow manaure here and there!! regardless the weather here is fine for sandals, like i am wearing some now.

• grandmaR's Profile Photo

by grandmaR Online Now Feb 28, 2012 at 2:41 PM

You will need boots to ride, so wear them instead of packing them. (Unless they are steel toed boots, which I tried once). You won't need English riding boots but something with a heel and a hard sole. Engineer boots or cowboy boot type of thing. Not snow boots.

Your Answer
Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Near Fredericksburg