change location

Did you mean?

Try your search again
    Advanced Editor View Guidelines

Be the First to Answer

• Point Puer access

State of Tasmania Oct 2, 2015 at 6:32 AM

Visiting Port Arthur on cruise ship..
      If I walk from the historic site to Point Puer...can I get access to the boys prison site or is it blocked off for tours only

• What to wear in Sydney in early November

Sydney 10 hours ago

I will be heading to Sydney and Blue Mountains for the period of 5 Nov to 20 Nov this year and I wonder what I should wear for the weather during that period of time. Will it be alright for me to wear t-shirts and bermudas there or should I cover up more? I hope you all could give me an idea of what I should wear and how do the locals there wear their clothes in November. I come from hot sunny Singapore and I do not know what Spring is like in Sydney in November. Any advise from you would be greatly appreciated.

• Playing golf in Sydney

Sydney Oct 6, 2015 at 10:16 AM

Hi everyone!

My Singaporean partner would like to spend 7-9 days in Sydney. He loves playing golf and exploring interesting places, foods,.... Could anyone please recommend some?

Thanks in advance!

• antz's Profile Photo

Considering moving to Hobart

Hobart Oct 3, 2015 at 6:24 AM

Hi there folks

I have just received a job offer from UTAS. In making my decision to move, I wondered if anyone could give me some pros and cons of living in Hobart specifically and Tasmania in general. If there are any Scots out there who have done this already - I would particularly love to hear from you! I really want to take the leap and have an exciting adventure, but I have never lived outside of the UK before and so I am slightly terrified...

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

• meltyan's Profile Photo

Taxi on Xmas night

Hobart Sep 29, 2015 at 6:32 AM

We are a family of four and we will be arriving Hobart Airport on 25 Dec 11PM. I am looking to reserve hotel rooms either near airport or at the city centre.

1) Will there be taxi working on christmas night? 11:30PM?
      2) I am not sure if we should walk to the nearest hotel from the airport (collect car rental from airport next morning) or take a taxi to city centre near Market Place and rent a car from Avis.

Appreciate your advice.

Thank you!

• Crocodile Safari

Hamilton Island Sep 25, 2015 at 12:40 PM

I am staying on Hamilton Island for a few days and would like to do the Salt Water Crocodile Safari from Airlie Beach. How easy is it to get to Airlie Beach from Hamilton Island Marina and how long does it take....thanks.

• margsch's Profile Photo

Public transport

Sydney Sep 10, 2015 at 10:56 PM

Hi from South Australia, checking some websites it appears you are changing to a different format. Once I arrive at Central from the airport, where can I buy the Seniors day pass? If i want the new Opal ticket for Seniors does it apply to interstate visitors? Looking at the web it seems to include only NSW card holders.

My Hotel is near a light rail stop so I will be using that but also need to use a bus or suburban train.

• Lindrum Hotel

Melbourne Sep 26, 2015 at 11:56 PM

We have booked Lindrum Hotel a studio room this coming February. Can anyone recommend this ? Apparently the reviews that I have read are that the hotels is very noisy with traffic or poor views If you choose a quiet room.
      Thank you.

• Safe Travel

Australia Oct 2, 2015 at 4:06 PM

Taking my 3 year old daughter and my wife from tumult to cooma, what are our options?shelter should we get stuck or breakdown?

• Avya's Profile Photo

Applying for Australian Visa online (Easy ETA)

Melbourne Sep 25, 2015 at 7:12 PM

Hi, has anyone used Easy ETA before? Is it a reliable online service? Am attracted by their lower rates but am afraid that my visa won't be valid when I arrive in Melbourne!
      Thanks in advance!

• Death of my brother and his 2 friends in 1965 motor accident

Burra Sep 18, 2015 at 2:45 PM

Does anyone know the location of where the accident happened???

• Traveling to Sydney

Australia Sep 22, 2015 at 5:27 AM

I am planning to travel to Sydney in by the end of the year, so would like to know what are the best things to do there? Can anyone who have prior experience share?

• Amy27592's Profile Photo

First long time backpacker

Australia Oct 3, 2015 at 7:17 AM

I am trying to plan my trip from the UK to Austrailia for up to a year and moving on to Thailand. I have done a fair amount of research but wanted any helpful info from experienced travellers, I backpacked through Italy last year but only for 4 weeks so any information is appreciated, I will be travelling with my boyfriend and we have no ties back in the UK so not exactly sure how long we will stay away for, please help! With anything!

• maggiolina's Profile Photo

Alice Springs or Ayers Rock?

Alice Springs Sep 29, 2015 at 2:21 PM

I am planninga trip to Australia for the november and I saw that you can either fly to Alice Springs or Uluru and they are about 500 km far. I would be going mostly to visit Uluru so may be I should fly there and not to Alice Springs but I saw there are really a few accomodation in Uluru. I have 4 days to spend there, would you raccomend to stay in Alice Springs and take a tour to Uluru or sleep there and may be stay 3 days instead of four?

• maggiolina's Profile Photo

hotel areas in Melbourne and Sysney

Australia Oct 4, 2015 at 8:19 AM

Hi where would you suggest to search a hotel in Melbourne and Sydney? We would like to pay no more than 100€ about 160AUD for a double room.